Player
    Character
    Marco Polo
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 84

Idk where to post this so i hope someone can help me

I preordered Endwalker back in spring/summer when it became available so because my account received all the items and such i assumed it charged my card not thinking to check my emails. Fast Forward to now my account reverted back to Shadowbringers because apparently it charged my card in November instead of spring like i thought. And i cancelled that card. I went through my emails found them and tried to update the payment information on the purchase it wouldnt let me i got the Delux edition. And now it wont let me buy the delux edition on the game store i tried 4 cards which have way more than enough to buy endwalker and the store says my cards arent correct i called my bank and they dont even see them being charged. and im frustrated because i cant play the game my main character is stuck in an endwalker zone... Can someone tell me what i can do? I contacted Square by email but who knows when i'll ever hear from them. This very Frustrating...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Yukino
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 86
    SE's handling of payments is pretty infuriating at times (just take my money, dang it!). On one hand, it's understandable they have the setup they have to try to stop real fraud from happening as chargebacks and whatnot do cost SE fees, and there's plenty of bad actors out there who will try anything to break the game, usually because they're trying to run a bot or sell some gil. On the other hand, honest players making an honest typo, or forgot about some card expiration or whatever also tend to get caught up in this. They've essentially got a 3-strike and you're out type of thing (it might not be exactly 3, but it's pretty low). If you hit that, it'll lock you out of being able to use any payment method at all for some amount of time (24-72 hours, not really sure, and it might reset since your last failed attempt if you try again during that time).

What I do is simply avoid SE's payment system as much as possible. For example, when I pay for my sub or buy things from the mogstation, I purchase crysta since that gives me an option to buy using Paypal. I then log into Paypal and pay using my card as normal. What's the difference? If my card expires, or I make some typo or some network error happens, that problem will be between me and Paypal, not me and SE. Paypal tends to be way more forgiving towards human error for this type of thing. Once Paypal has gotten your payment, then it reconnects to SE's services, and everything goes smoothly from there. I'm not able to set up auto pay using this method as I still have to manually refill my Crysta at each time, but I haven't had a single instance of getting temporarily banned from making payments since switching to this method (I have been banned from making payments at least 2-3 times before I found that alternative). Contacting customer support is a waste of time, don't even bother. They'll simply tell you 'Yup, you're locked out. Try again in 24 hours or so".

Unfortunately, you're not hitting this problem with the Mog station. Instead, you're getting hit with it in the SE online store. It doesn't look like there's a Paypal option there for buying stuff, but there is a "guest checkout" option. I'd try logging out, adding EW to your cart, then check out as guest. Even as a guest you have to enter your e-mail address, and the instructions/code should be sent there. Hopefully whatever lockout you're facing is tied to your account and not tied to your e-mail or any card you've tried to use. Some things you can try as well:
    • Clear cookies in your browser or use an incognito/private browser session.
    • Create a temporary e-mail using gmail or whatever and buy EW under that e-mail.
    • Buy a VISA gift card or the like, charge it up with enough to buy EW and use it in combination with a temporary e-mail (last resort, as this does involve extra fees and headaches)
    • Connect through a VPN/proxy to the website (free options might open you up to security concerns, paid options of course cost money, though a free trial of a paid option might work)

Essentially, if you don't want to wait, try making it look like you're a different person buying EW (different email, different SE account, different card, and/or different IP address). Once you get a code e-mailed to you somehow, you should then be able to just log into the mog station as normal and enter the code.

Before going to any extremes, though, please simply wait out the 24 hours and give it a go then. I know the waiting time sucks, but it'll probably be overall simpler than trying to work around the lockout you're facing.
    (0)

Greetings fellow Eorzean!

Based on the information provided, the issue might be better handled by the Square Enix Support Center team. To assist, we have gone ahead and opened a support ticket for you. The ticket number has been sent to the email associated to your Square Enix ID.

This thread will be moved to ‘Support Center Ticket Created’.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums!
    (0)