Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
    Player
    Character
    Cassius Rex
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Oblation doesn't need a buff. It needs to be reworked or completely replaced. Unfortunately the best we can hope for this xpac is probably like an extra 5% mitigation, which even that won't bring it in line with what other tanks got.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gisela Thorne
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Shadowbringer and Oblation are pretty bad and bloaty additions both. Why doesn't Delirium just change edge/flood into Shadowbringer for it's duration for example (with the potency adjusted for the burst obviously)? Like yeah, the whole rotation is in dire need of a rework, but even in a vacuum it's pretty clear no one in the job design team gave a fuck about DRK and just slapped on a couple new whatever buttons.
    (1)
    Last edited by ThorneDynasty; 05-25-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeastyloins View Post
    I mean I think one way to balance that is to make other defenses have gauge costs associated with them like how TBN has its 3k MP cost. It would makes sense to me if Heat of Corundum cost a cartridge or say each of the WAR's heals (Bloodwhetting, Equilibrium, Nascent Flash) having a gauge requirement. I'd also go as far to suggest something like Bloodwhetting consumes your whole gauge and the potency/duration is determined by the amount consumed with you getting the current iteration of the ability by consuming 100 gauge.
    In practice, though, TBN has no MP cost unless you manage not to pop it (i.e., use it just before a long, auto-less cast). That'd be like HoC refunding its cartridge so long as you drop to at least 80% HP, or Bloodwhetting refunding its gauge so long as it deals at least 3 attacks while under the effect. The threshold for success would be so minimal that it'd hardly be worth calling a cost -- only a further bit of gauge management and a required fight/timing awareness.

You can expect, though, that if that MP were removed, DA would of course be gone and TBN's cooldown would almost certainly increase to 20 or 25s, which would cost it a decent bit of affordance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThorneDynasty View Post
    Both Shadowbringer and Oblation are pretty bad and bloaty additions both. Why doesn't Delirium just change edge/flood into Shadowbringer for it's duration for example (with the potency adjusted for the burst obviously)? Like yeah, the whole rotation is in dire need of a rework, but even in a vacuum it's pretty clear no one in the job design team gave a fuck about DRK and just slapped on a couple new whatever buttons.
    Personally, I'd have liked to see Oblation as an upgrade to Dark Mind, thus retaining that discrete and more unique TBN but sacrificing no further buttons.

As for Delirium, move it away from Inner Release a bit by extending its duration and having it half the Blood costs of your next three Blood spenders (including Living Shadow) and the MP costs of your next three MP spenders. Additionally, have Edge/Flood under Delirium ramp into Dark Passenger (540p, 40% AoE) and then into Shadowbringer (620p, 40% AoE). (Edge->DP->ShB would therefore ramp up at 80 potency each time.) Shadowbringer therefore would, per Thorne's suggestion, no longer requires a separate button, and we'd get more of a sense of the DRK really building up into going ham.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aluja Bright
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Why is this nonsense thread still being kept alive?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluja89 View Post
    Why is this nonsense thread still being kept alive?
    Probably because some randoms keep bumping it with single line posts.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Miro Ackerman
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashua View Post
    Not sure if Square/Enix is intending this to go into Savage mode as is but if the last two weeks of the expansion are of any indication the tank healing is way higher than it should be. Seeing all the numbers tanks can put out in self-healing from 10k heals to 30-40k burst heals is a tad silly. They are officially stronger healers than the classes meant to heal. We need a balance patch before the real raiding begins or this might be the most ridiculous game anyone can take seriously that wants to have a progressive raiding core to go with.

The game has a lottof issues right now with balance and cheating and I would not be against delaying the Savage raids to take care of rotation/movement bots and programs that tell you where to go and what mechanics are about to happen. That along with the balance of tanks and healers right now is also a huge consideration to me.
    I don't mind tanks healing themselves like crazy but what i don't like is that they can heal others. In my opinion Tanks shouldn't be able to heal others, that's a healer job to heal other players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Absimiliard View Post
    Oblation doesn't need a buff. It needs to be reworked or completely replaced. Unfortunately the best we can hope for this xpac is probably like an extra 5% mitigation, which even that won't bring it in line with what other tanks got.
    It just needs to be merged with TBN imo. I like the idea of having two TBN's charges to spread on both tanks for shared TB's. Oblation is just underwhelming. For reference, Reprisal is on the same recast, duration, mitigation and affects all enemies around you. Nothing wrong with it but for a new skill its pretty meh.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Night Hour
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxam View Post
    It just needs to be merged with TBN imo. I like the idea of having two TBN's charges to spread on both tanks for shared TB's. Oblation is just underwhelming. For reference, Reprisal is on the same recast, duration, mitigation and affects all enemies around you. Nothing wrong with it but for a new skill its pretty meh.

Merging TBN and Oblation is a bad idea, it's also counterintuitive to how TBN is designed.

You want TBN to pop, adding a damage mitigation would mean you take less damage so the shield is slightly harder to break.

Reduce charges to 1 and make Oblation 15% mit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHour View Post
    Merging TBN and Oblation is a bad idea, it's also counterintuitive to how TBN is designed.

You want TBN to pop, adding a damage mitigation would mean you take less damage so the shield is slightly harder to break.
    This.

But, there is an easy compromise if the problem is TBN's mitigation profile, and yet another if Oblation itself is simply too insignificant.

If the problem is TBN's mitigation profile, make TBN itself scale a bit further with incoming damage by mixing in some degree of percentile effect. For instance, reduce its %HP shielding from 25% to 20%, but pair that with a 20% mitigation effect while it's active. In that way, its effective mitigation scales a tiny bit further with extreme or chained hits (with the optimal interaction being to absorb as many smaller hits as possible without breaking, then break on a huge hit).

If, for whatever reason, Oblation must be merged into TBN, have it take effect thereafter, such as by having that 20% mitigation effect linger for 3 seconds after TBN expires (or pops).

And if the problem is Oblation itself (being so lackluster), just have Oblation deal 20% mitigation for the first 4 seconds before degrading to 10% mitigation for the latter 4.

Reduce charges to 1 and make Oblation 15% mit.
    No need to nerf one capacity to buff another that's already undertuned. Can just leave at two charges and still give it 15% miti. At most, trim its duration very slightly (e.g., to match TBN's 7 seconds).
    (3)
    Last edited by Shurrikhan; 06-30-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kalaam Nozalys
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Could have Oblation apply on TBN breaking to, either as additional % mitigation or a new shield.
    (1)

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67