Player
    Character
    Sniper Rifle
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Rukkirii, I think the biggest issue most people have, or one of them. Is the general feel that Hamlet Defense is just not worth playing. We already have so many time sinks in the game, its discouraging and depressing to try and try for 1 anima and a few fireworks. No GC seals, no gear, nothing. If you've done it 10 times in a row and NOBODY has had a single drop?

Its only been a few days since the second two Hamlet Defense runs have been added and already nobody has any interest at all. We had to search for an hour and a half to get 8 people who wanted to try. And we could only stomach 2 runs before it just got frustrating. High effort for no reward...bah. Something should be done about this.

Maybe make the drop rates higher but limit how many times you can participate per cycle? Better yet, allow us to earn Militia currency so we can PURCHASE the Militia gear...and performance could dictate how much militia currency you earn per run. Anything, but another super rare chest drop rate instanced battle...nobody asked for this.

Please contact the Dev's on behalf of the community Rukkirii and express to them our complete frustration with Hamlet Defense. It's just not fun, and nobody is enjoying it. This is something the dev's need to take seriously because Hamlet Defense is somethign everyone was excited about and now nobody can be bothered to do.
    Makes many good points, lol.

I did Hamlet 3 times as soon as it was possible to do so... Unfortunately, I knew right then and there I would never do it again until information was leaked on how to get gear to actually drop. Likewise, I will never do Hamlet Defense until word is leaked about the fixed Hamlet Defense rating, and/or who specifically drops that Inferno/Vortex/Tremor Seal.
    (0)
    Last edited by SniperRifle; 05-13-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Player

Why not just have world map like XI when seeing whats going on?
    Can tell whats going on where from there without ANYMORE CRAP ON THE SCREEN.
    I cannot stand nor take any more things crammed onto the screen. I cannot will not accept that.
    Please for the love of god, no more on screen business. CONSOLIDATE! CONSOLIDATE CONSOLIDATE!

Oh and i'm not talking about the sea of menus like now.
    Simplicity is best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    The drop rate seems low from chest, but at rank 2 it seems that every beastcoin that appears in a chest has a chance of being the primal seal instead.

This may or may not require rank 2, but 25k+ scores have seen it drop without a top 20 provisioner.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mister Phro
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazar View Post
    Here you have feedback: in my server (Ragnarok) we have not done level 2 hamlet yet and as days passes there are less donations. When there are 3 hamlets it will be worst indeed. We cant enjoy hamlet defense like that it seems as if 1.22 only had garuda, there is a content we cant fully enjoy.
    you're not alone ragnarok. we'll just have to wait til 2.0
    (0)
    Your seed makes you strong.

Player

So ive posted it elsewhere but ill do it here too

Materia enhanced turn ins....are WAY too low on point values

i got 31 points each for my last set of turnins, this, in comparison to gathered items, is just way too low

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Posted this elsewhere, but will post here as well...I have no idea what the point of Hamlet defense is supposed to be. Its like a chaotic exp grind party with no exp...Why would I want to do it? No one I know even mentions it either.

Few thoughts. In FFXI there was an announcement when beseiged was about to start. If you were sitting in Aht Urghan you would know when beseiged would be starting and could join. Also helped that you didn't have to travel some far off place. Finally, regarding rewards, there clearly needs to be some currency reward and NPCs that we can buy the gear from (ala assaults). Right now it just seems pretty pointless...
    (0)

Greetings!

Based on feedback and checking in-game conditions after the release of Hamlets for each city-state in patch 1.22a, we will be performing adjustments to points.

The adjustment, which will take place in a 1.22a hot fix coming soon, will focus on reducing the amount of points needed to advance to a level 2 rating by about 1/3 of the current.
    *We will be announcing the time of maintenance via Information.

Also, these will not be the last adjustments for this system. We are currently looking into changing the needed values per world and will be performing adjustments moving forward based on in-game conditions as well as the feedback we receive.
    (41)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    instead of 10mil about 6.5mil? Still a large amount considering the reward system is what really needs to be adjusted not the amount to reach rank 2. 6.5mil would make it so if only people in the Top 20 invested they would need to give at least 325k each. When the first round started people didn't have a problem aiming and helping reach rank 2 because they weren't aware of what it would offer or what benefits the top 20 would receive. Upon learning that the Top 20 receive a unique loot pool of items which others can't get no matter how many times they try it killed the idea of supplying a Hamlet because a person doesn't want to invest 150k in points if the 20th person has 200k If there's no benefits other then anima regain people will just decide not to raise the Hamlet rank unless they get more then just anima out of it,

The hotfix above isn't even a decent fix to the main issue at hand for hamlet, reducing it by 1/3 won't do anything to help the cause at all, the last Gridi hamlet which occurred during a weekend only managed a measly think 800k out of needing 10mil, simply making it 6.5mil isn't gonna help that cause at all lol. The hotfix they want to implement is just a waste of time, they are better off actually implementing hotfixes that WILL fix Hamlet not a hotfix that's as good as covering a pothole with a wooden plank.

Unless I read that wrong and they are reducing it to 3.3mil which "could" be more effect as it would then require the Top 20 to invest at least 165k each to reach it, a 335k reduction needed compared to a 175k is a lot more noticeable but there's still the issue of needing to be on the Top 20.

It would be nice if perhaps you could give us more info on the other changes they plan on making to Hamlet cause this one change really won't change much to interest people into doing the event.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Colino Nyea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Absolutely. I still cannot comprehend how they haven't noticed it. Reducing the requirements by 1/3 will do little to nothing, the whole top 20/loot distribution needs to be fixed or this type of content is going to fail horribly. There's just no incentive to do it unless you plan to get top 20 and gather/caravan for 50 hours straight.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Make militia drops like dynamis (i.e., low drop rate from mobs and bosses). Higher drop rate for higher difficulty (i.e., rank 2 vs. rank 1). Give seals based on score. Give 1 anima per win. Provisioning gives anima, exp, seals, and raises level of invasion. Let us know via in game announcement when battle phase starts.

BAM, fixed.
    (7)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast