Player
    Character
    Hammerhorn Oathsworn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90

FF Tactics Mini Game

I would love it if the Gold Saucer got a arcade where we could play old gems like FF Tactics. I’m very sad there hasn’t been a new entry in the series on either console or pc. I know there’s a mobile newer game War of the Visions I’ve tried it but tbh I’m not into gatcha games or mobile. I would love a new updated FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre that can compete with the likes of The Divinity series and Xcom 2. Even if Square just made massive maps with lots of extra playable classes on the field like Tactics Ogre with clean new graphics and snappy action cuts , playable with my wife it would be awesome. I can tell as I’m getting older my love for gaming will never stop but the pain in my hands will continue and my go to type game when my hands stop working properly will be the slower yet brilliant tactical game. Every aspiring Tactical game always compares itself to FF Tactics it baffles me why Square hasn’t done more to capitalize on the genre they clearly have inspired. Anyhow excited for Endwalker thanks Square for the worlds we enjoy to play in!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I dunno... the Gold Saucer already has a Real Time Strategy game (Lords of Verminion).
    Instead of also getting a turn based strategy minigame, I'd personally prefer if they diversified a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhorn View Post
    I would love it if the Gold Saucer got a arcade where we could play old gems like FF Tactics.
    Wait, do you mean a minigame like FFT? Or actually letting us play the old FFT?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hammerhorn Oathsworn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Ya I actually meant the whole FF Tactics game = ) that way it could be played on PC and optionally with a controller, I mean I’ve bought FF Tactics on Several different mediums over the years Ps1, PSP, Tablet why not have it come under my FF14 monthly sub? Could open the door to other games in the series and add more value to our monthly fee for what I think would be a small amount of work on their part.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ya I actually meant the whole FF Tactics game = )
    But then they can't sell those games separately.
    I'm not sure this would be a sound business decision.

Additionally, they've been very sensitive about devaluing their games. In FF14's early days they had a joint subscription deal with FF11 to compel people to try the new MMO (which was basically designed to be FF11-2), but that didn't last very long. As soon as they felt FF14 got its feet under it they stopped. And when asked if they'd ever bundle them together again they said no, because bundling them together felt (for them) like one was being bundled to the other and made it seem like each game can't stand on its own.
    By that same token, having entire games relegated to side content in FF14 def doesn't present them as a "beloved classic."

Putting FFT in the Gold Saucer could be cool.
    Could be fun.
    But I don't think there's a chance of it happening.

why not have it come under my FF14 monthly sub? Could open the door to other games in the series and add more value to our monthly fee for what I think would be a small amount of work on their part.
    Your monthly sub is for FF14, not for access to a digital library of FF titles. Maybe that's a service they'll explore in the future, but if they ever did something like that I would be shocked if they nested access to some games behind others and didn't have each offered separately.

And I'm not sure they'd give us other games to "add more value" to our monthly sub when they have no financial incentive to do so.
    FF14 isn't struggling for subscriptions.
    They have no reason to entice us with freebies.
    It would be nice of them, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on the hope a company gives me free things just to be nice.
    (6)
    Last edited by ItMe; 11-18-2021 at 06:34 AM.