Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I just wish it could have gotten a Titania weapon.
    A King's Scythe would have been so frickin cool </3
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Arkadya Dravena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahnom View Post
    You've completely missed the point, I said "buttons to press" not "the numbers of all ogcds combined".
    I ain't talking about the numbers of ogcds Reaper has, I was talking about while we're in combat.
    Only has 1 combo but A lots of ogcds to press, even more than DRG and SAM.
    Hmm.

It's downtime, to be more specific.
    More buttons to press means less downtime.
    As of right now, every melees have their own down time but Reaper looks like it has the least downtime among all melees.
    So you will have something to press most of the time, more than when you played DRG or SAM, that's my point but obviously I haven't played Reaper yet so I don't want to get ahead of myself so this is just pure guess.
    What does this mean? Reaper has fewer buttons to push than samurai. Reaper has less to keep track of than samurai. Reaper has a less complex rotation than samurai, assuming it goes live with the abilities shown. Both jobs have the same kit in terms of things to do during forced downtime/high movement (a ranged attack and a long channel). Reaper generates soul more slowly than samurai generates kenki so samurai will do more ogcd's per *insert duration of choice here* than a reaper will. Samurai also has a speed buff so they will just straight up be pushing more gcd per minute than a rpr will.

Reaper will have a busier opener probably, but even that's a maybe.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Oh look. The job isn't even released and there are already other melee dps mains feeling insecure about it. Spreadsheet, spreadsheet, on the wall. Which is the most complex job of them all? It's always going to be the job you happened to invest in, right?

But you know what? We're going to have a lot more fun than you. Eat your heart out, Gyoten.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Argyle Darkheart
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    While theorycrafting RPR right now is a little silly, my understanding is that it has a very busy and specific 2 minute/re-opener that has to use Arcane Circle and a filler GCD (ideally Shadow of Death) in the middle of an Enshroud in order to fit double Communio in buffs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arkadya Dravena
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    Oh look. The job isn't even released and there are already other melee dps mains feeling insecure about it. Spreadsheet, spreadsheet, on the wall. Which is the most complex job of them all? It's always going to be the job you happened to invest in, right?

But you know what? We're going to have a lot more fun than you. Eat your heart out, Gyoten.
    I don't care about a complexity pissing match, Sam is somewhere in the middle, complexity-wise.

But reaper is overtly close to the bottom of the list. There is virtually no friction to the kit whatsoever. Which is fine! It's a big part of why I am leaning towards playing it. I mostly threw that in there because I have no idea what Kahnom's point actually is.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pocket Prince
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post

Maam, this is the DPS Forums.

When has it NOT been a complexity comparison contest?

"My class requires 6 years of University and a Masters Degree to comprehend it's intricate complexities. Therefore it's the only real choice and I deserve to do top damage. Upvotes to the left."
    (11)
    Hairstyle Concept art be like...

Player
    Character
    K'ahli K'uhla'tor
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilor View Post
    Maam, this is the DPS Forums.

When has it NOT been a complexity comparison contest?

"My class requires 6 years of University and a Masters Degree to comprehend it's intricate complexities. Therefore it's the only real choice and I deserve to do top damage. Upvotes to the left."
    Except Red Mage. Most of the people I know who play Red Mage are like "Yes, I play it because it is easy and I find it fun."
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Pocket Prince
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 35
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledBurd View Post
    Except Red Mage. Most of the people I know who play Red Mage are like "Yes, I play it because it is easy and I find it fun."
    Same with DNC.

I just like playing helpful classes and not worry about DPS Numbers as much.

I'd rather raise my fellow players up than be the star of the show.

Getting back to the thread though, I will def be getting Reap to 90 eventually if anything for those absolutely GORGEOUS animations.
    (3)
    Hairstyle Concept art be like...

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledBurd View Post
    Red Mage at a glance seems complicated but when you play it, it's really easy. I think Reaper is going to be the same way. Especially since they more or less function the same way in build meters then spend meters on big booms.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I went back and watched the media tour video again and I can safely say that the whole mechanics is about resource management and prioitize both of your GCDs and OGCDs, it's more complex than I thought.
    To be specific, The Soul Reaver stack is the core of the job since each stack used will increase shroud gauge by 10.
    Many skills said " Stack count will be reduce to 1 when you're already have Soul Reaver stack" this means if you already got 1 Soul Reaver stack and use the skill that will grant another stack, your stack will not increase to 2 stacks but remains at one stack. So the goal here is to deplete Soul Reaver stack by using G&G (Gibbet and Gallows) before getting another stack.

I believe, This is the interesting part because I'm sure a lot of people will capped the stack unintentionally which is a big dps loss for Reaper.
    There are many things I want to say but since this is subject to change so I hold my horse for now but hell yeah the job looks promising.
    (0)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast