Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Player
    Character
    Neni Feanie
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Might be just me interpreting things but.. it seems Lahabrea is scarily aware of the type of person he will become later on, like he knows the Praetorium Lahabrea inside out. He almost talks like he seems to know the future in a sense, in that last cutscene we have with him in Elpis Pandaemonium. Then again he is wondering and specifically intrigued about himself and his future and even asks us out about this. Is he just coming to terms with the most likely outcome for him, which is duty above all even if things get dirty ? I think this was the aim of the developers here, but then again..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ein Dose
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Yeah, he didn't inherit his Ascian memories, he's literally just very aware of the sorts of things he knows he would do, and doesn't try to deny it. We know what someone in that situation actually remembering their future-past actions would be like, that's Themis, and Lahabrea wasn't written like that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Cleretic; 06-07-2023 at 10:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Regana Redwyne
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SilversLyu View Post
    Might be just me interpreting things but.. it seems Lahabrea is scarily aware of the type of person he will become later on, like he knows the Praetorium Lahabrea inside out. He almost talks like he seems to know the future in a sense, in that last cutscene we have with him in Elpis Pandaemonium. Then again he is wondering and specifically intrigued about himself and his future and even asks us out about this. Is he just coming to terms with the most likely outcome for him, which is duty above all even if things get dirty ? I think this was the aim of the developers here, but then again..
    His past self's whole "we do not owe debts to one another" speil was odd, too, given the context that he's past!Lahabrea who doesn't know about his future actions and our future fight, far as we know. He was strangely hostile to us in that last convo in the past, imo. I can't decide if its just a consequence of him reabsorbing Hephaestus, or if its the writers forgetting that that Lahabrea doesn't know how much of a thorn in his side we're gonna be. Might be both. He definitely was meant to feel more dangerous in the end, imo.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Regana Redwyne
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleretic View Post
    Yeah, he didn't inherit his Ascian memories, he's literally just very aware of the sorts of things he knows he would do, and doesn't try to deny it. We know what someone in that situation actually remembering their future-past actions would be like, that's Themis, and Lahabrea wasn't written like that.
    Reminded me of Emet finding out he ends up a megalomaniacal madman and his primary objection to it is our tone. Once he's given the circumstances, he can understand his actions and agrees with them. He just objects to our tone. its the fact that he may have "abandoned his duty" and wanted us to win in Amaurot that he ends up really bothered by. Lahabrea seems the same, but meaner.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alleluia; 06-08-2023 at 05:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ein Dose
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleluia View Post
    Reminded me of Emet finding out he ends up a megalomaniacal madman and his primary objection to it is our tone. Once he's given the circumstances, he can understand his actions and agrees with them. He just objects to our tone. its the fact that he may have "abandoned his duty" and wanted us to win in Amaurot that he ends up really bothered by. Lahabrea seems the same, but meaner.
    I feel like Emet did that thing there where he wanted to argue with us, but just couldn't come up with anything. He either knows we're right, or (since at that point I think he's still thinking we're Azem's familiar) knowing that if we're lying we probably wouldn't have been made to know that.

But yeah, we see different levels of acceptance with the three people we tell; Emet's in some level of denial (probably mostly to himself), Venat recognizes that she'd do that if she had to but is in disbelief that things would come to that, and Lahabrea has no doubt in his mind.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Raranpa Rehw-setlas
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleretic View Post
    I feel like Emet did that thing there where he wanted to argue with us, but just couldn't come up with anything. He either knows we're right, or (since at that point I think he's still thinking we're Azem's familiar) knowing that if we're lying we probably wouldn't have been made to know that.

But yeah, we see different levels of acceptance with the three people we tell; Emet's in some level of denial (probably mostly to himself), Venat recognizes that she'd do that if she had to but is in disbelief that things would come to that, and Lahabrea has no doubt in his mind.
    There's absolutely a reason that when the watcher asks me to pass judgement on Venat and the Ascians my response is "they were all monsters"
    (0)
    "If the world rewards violence, are we forever doomed to be ruled by the brutal and cruel?"
    "The tools of liberation are the same as the tools of oppression, and so even those that seek to break the wheel perpetuate it's turning"
    ~Mathangi Ten Meti, Kill 6 Billion Demons

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7