Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Klair Gawain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

Don't nerf our coffee biscuit gil rewards!

They mentioned reducing the coffee biscuit leve rewards because they were "too high", but they're literally how a lot of people have been making money in the game and their honest gillionaire titles.

It would be pretty sad to lose them and the other big turn-in leve gil rewards! They're the only thing giving us a good amount of gil where we don't have to fight botters on the market board to make sales all the time. Please reconsider this decision!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It sort of had to be done because it pumps raw gil into the economy. Over time this means billions of extra gil floating around, which in turn eventually leads to inflation. Market board sales do not cause inflation because it simply moves existing gil from one player to another and even sinks a little via market tax.

Coffee biscuit leves being worthwhile is a symptom of a problem I've been saying all expansion, despite being shot down with the usual "you're just greedy" nonsense from people who want a slice of the pie for 0 effort. Crafting is far, far too easy and botting is too rampant and it's not healthy for the economy. Many players have ishgard leveled crafters and are self-sufficient now, so demand for crafted items is at an all time low. Between that and bots flooding the supply, there's very little gil to be made from selling crafted items. So obviously players turn to other raw-gil sources.

I don't like the change because it fixes nothing. It doesn't directly address botting, if botting and the ease of crafting was addressed then the change wouldn't be necessary because selling on the mb would be better profit again. All it does it give players even less sources of income, while the bots go nuts. There is also the fact that bots are running Treasure Maps now too, which pumps similarly large sums of raw gil into the economy and means nerfing leves doesn't even prevent inflation.

I don't care about the leves really, I just want to know what they're going to do about bots. I understand it's a very hard issue to solve. But they need to do something.
    (10)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I think its kinda sad it was a nice way to spend leves without feeling wasteful
    leves are gonna be useless when you cap out all DoL/H
    at least it was great getting an easy Honest gillionare title
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fenris Pendragon
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I don't care about the leve gil nerf and I'm speaking as someone whose made over 10 million gil off of them. Why did I even bother getting into this and crafting in general? Because too many crafters were selling overpriced things on the marketboard from glamours to mounts to hairstyles and there was no way to keep up with how high the prices were skyrocketing.

I see some want to make crafting harder. Unfortunately I disagree. I think crafting and its barriers to entry should be lowered further so that the playerbase can become more self-sufficient as a whole. It is one thing to level your crafters to max if you were starting at 70 at the beginning of the expansion. It was an entirely different story for those of us who had to start from 0.

Job quests requiring rare and obscure materials, early HQ being ridiculously expensive on the marketboard, and the general bore of the grind is a good way to turn people off from the system altogether especially when they'd rather be doing battle content instead. I don't foresee myself having gil issues in the future now that I too am an omni crafter and once I've levelled everything to 90, I can just make whatever glamours and gear I want without having to deal with overpricing and scamming.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyond-dreams View Post
    Job quests requiring rare and obscure materials, early HQ being ridiculously expensive on the marketboard, and the general bore of the grind is a good way to turn people off from the system altogether especially when they'd rather be doing battle content instead. I don't foresee myself having gil issues in the future now that I too am an omni crafter and once I've levelled everything to 90, I can just make whatever glamours and gear I want without having to deal with overpricing and scamming.
    It's not the difficulty of crafting that gates people from it, it's the fact that some people just don't like crafting. It doesn't matter if you simplify it, they just don't enjoy it and would rather do other things.

In a healthy economy, the high end crafters make and sell endgame items for good profit and the players who prefer battle content and other sources like maps, low level crafts, retainer ventures or selling items that drop, earn their gil that way.
    In an economy where high end crafting is rendered worthless to sell because of bots and most players being self-sufficient, the crafters, and even the bots, flood the other sources of gil earning such as maps, low level crafts and leves, rendering them low profit due to excess supply, or forcing the devs to nerf them.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Gwyn Unlucky
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I don't think the economy can handle leves scaling even further upwards from where they are. It's not too different from the stat inflation issues needing things to get scaled down, and exp requirements getting scaled down, and all these other overhauls going on in Endwalker. It's clear that progression for numerous systems that was decided on very early in FFXIV's lifespan is turning out to not be viable anymore, and leves happen to be one of them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hildbrand Manderville
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Maybe once gil from leves becomes horrible people will notice why bot market board monopoly is actually a problem if you hope to make gil using crafters and gatherers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Need more sinks, less fountains.
    (6)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    I don't get why this is a thing in the first place. If you want millions of Gil you should craft not spam leves.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Payadopa View Post
    I don't get why this is a thing in the first place. If you want millions of Gil you should craft not spam leves.
    Sure, you could get more millions by crafting and fewer millions by spamming leves, but considering how little gil is actually worth in FF14 I'm not gonna really mind.

Especially when leves let me become a machine that efficiently pumps out one item to the best of my abilities. Can't do that with the market board or you'll oversaturate the market.

Also, with leves I can get the known amount of gil as soon as I finish crafting and turn the items in. I don't need to wait for my items to sell, or monitor my listing, or risk actually getting a proper return from a market that may turn suddenly.

Plus with leves I don't need to deal with the market board. I don't have to play mind games with market forces, or rely on randos to play ball and not tank the market for fun, or understand what kinds of items sell at what times and in what quantities and why and how the influx of new players will change or challenge this or any of that stuff.

With leves I spam one craft and am guaranteed to get more money than I need.
    Easy~

Payadopa I'm in the opposite situation as you.
    Leves promise such a blissful lack of risk, of headache, that I struggle to understand why people (just in it for gil) go so hard trying to play the markets.
    (4)
    Last edited by ItMe; 11-19-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast