Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I don't know of any active hunter that is going to deny the third party apps exist. They've been there all along. They're a dual-edged sword - they both help and hurt the community depending on how the individual user uses the information. Ignoring their existence is futile.

But it's not the apps that are causing S ranks to die in seconds. That's a result of the game's power creep. SE needs to address that problem if their goal is to make certain that hunts remain accessible to players of the intended level. If SE addresses the problem correctly, it's not going to matter if someone is using a third party app to get instant notification because the hunt will not being dying within seconds.

As for being impossible to know where a S rank is going to spawn in advance, that's false. All you have to do is track where the As and Bs have spawned since the last kill. Players have been doing it that way since they figured out that the next spawn location is reserved at death. The tracking websites make it easier for hunters to share the information but it could still be done with pen and paper if one wanted to. Not trying to say that's how your troll is doing it (clearly they're using the third party app) but it is not impossible.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Well the situation on Light is this - we have 1 particular player that anyone on Light will immediately know who I'm talking about because he early pulls everything including ones he didn't even spawn and he'll solo kill the lower level ones before anyone else arrives. He then trolls the entire zone by making snarky comments in shout such as "time for everyone to start crying" so he knows what he's doing and is being spiteful about it. We've reported him time and time again but despite outlining his behaviour all we get is "engaging an unengaged hunt mark isn't a violation" and it's really putting me off the game altogether when the GMs will do NOTHING to intervene. Honestly what was the point in the change in the prohibited activities when it doesn't cover players being a disruption to an entire community of THOUSANDS of players and then provoking them afterwards? He's doing it every single day. Is there really nothing we can do to put a clamp on this guys' behaviour?
    (4)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 11-28-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dewslam Beefgrab
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Well the situation on Light is this - we have 1 particular player that anyone on Light will immediately know who I'm talking about because he early pulls everything including ones he didn't even spawn and he'll solo kill the lower level ones before anyone else arrives. He then trolls the entire zone by making snarky comments in shout such as "time for everyone to start crying" so he knows what he's doing and is being spiteful about it. We've reported him time and time again but despite outlining his behaviour all we get is "engaging an unengaged hunt mark isn't a violation" and it's really putting me off the game altogether when the GMs will do NOTHING to intervene. Honestly what was the point in the change in the prohibited activities when it doesn't cover players being a disruption to an entire community of THOUSANDS of players and then provoking them afterwards? He's doing it every single day. Is there really nothing we can do to put a clamp on this guys' behaviour?
    Honestly if anything you should be given a tap for trying to abuse the report system to get players punished for playing within the rules of the system. GMs have told you this person isn't breaking the rules and yet you very clearly admit to trying to isolate and excommunicate them. People are not beholden to your arbitrary personal code of conduct. Your opinions and desires are no more valid than theirs - and while they might be a jerk; they're certainly not the one trying to abuse the game to punish someone else for literally no reason.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewslam View Post
    Honestly if anything you should be given a tap for trying to abuse the report system to get players punished for playing within the rules of the system. GMs have told you this person isn't breaking the rules and yet you very clearly admit to trying to isolate and excommunicate them. People are not beholden to your arbitrary personal code of conduct. Your opinions and desires are no more valid than theirs - and while they might be a jerk; they're certainly not the one trying to abuse the game to punish someone else for literally no reason.
    So you will back up a player whose sole intent is to ruin the gaming experience for everyone else, pulls S ranks into them to force them into combat and even getting players killed in the process, and then makes snarky comments after just to be a jerk? Glad I'm not on Balmung!
    (1)
    Gaius van Baelsar: Nor is this unknown to your masters. Which prompts the question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    So you will back up a player whose sole intent is to ruin the gaming experience for everyone else, pulls S ranks into them to force them into combat and even getting players killed in the process, and then makes snarky comments after just to be a jerk? Glad I'm not on Balmung!
    How do you know their sole intent is to MPK?

That's rarely the intent of those who pull as soon as possible. They pull as soon as possible because they want to go back to doing other things.

If you have some specific evidence that MPK is the intent (such as snarky comments alluding to player death made after the fact), then by all means report it. Reporting someone just because they pulled a hunt? No. That's you being petty.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dewslam Beefgrab
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    No, I'm against people who seem to think they invent and control the rules. I, frankly, do not care what this player is doing because it very clearly doesn't go against the rules and doesn't impact me at all. You're free to try and convince people that this behavior is wrong and cast all the moral judgements you want - but throwing a tantrum and trying to have them punished by rules that don't exist is pretty inexcusable behavior. They are the ones playing by the rules, you are not. If you don't want to be killed by an S rank hunt when it engages in combat, stop standing idle by one and expecting the world to conform to your arbitrary and entirely personal rules. I reiterate: no one else is compelled to be beholden to them. Given your attitude and response to my post I highly doubt they're making snarky responses "just to be a jerk" either - but instead responding to people, like yourself, who are mass false flag reporting them and replying with overt hostility. In which case I dare say snark is hardly the least they could do. They aren't the jerk in this scenario. Your ego is astronomical and you need to get over yourself.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewslam View Post
    No, I'm against people who seem to think they invent and control the rules. I, frankly, do not care what this player is doing because it very clearly doesn't go against the rules and doesn't impact me at all. You're free to try and convince people that this behavior is wrong and cast all the moral judgements you want - but throwing a tantrum and trying to have them punished by rules that don't exist is pretty inexcusable behavior. They are the ones playing by the rules, you are not. If you don't want to be killed by an S rank hunt when it engages in combat, stop standing idle by one and expecting the world to conform to your arbitrary and entirely personal rules. I reiterate: no one else is compelled to be beholden to them. Given your attitude and response to my post I highly doubt they're making snarky responses "just to be a jerk" either - but instead responding to people, like yourself, who are mass false flag reporting them and replying with overt hostility. In which case I dare say snark is hardly the least they could do. They aren't the jerk in this scenario. Your ego is astronomical and you need to get over yourself.
    You know what? I'M DONE! >.> All I hear day after day after day is numerous people in multiple linkshells and across the data server complaining in shouts about this one guy for months and getting angry with him. I've taken the full weight of their complaints to make reports ingame and posting in this forum, NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO CRITICIZE ME! I am SICK of people like you, I am SICK of people like them, I am SICK of people like him! Go ahead and give him all your love and support, I'm sure you'll continue to praise him when he comes to your data server in 6.0 and does the same thing there as he's done here. Enjoy having your game ruined. But IF HE EVER forces me to get engaged in combat I WILL REPORT HIM FOR MPK, and I don't give 2 hoots what you think.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 11-30-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Minah Denma
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Just because the mass of "hunters" maybe don't like what this one person is doing, doesn't automatically makes it wrong what this person is doing. You simply just can't forbid a player to attack a monster in the open world that belongs to no one and is free for all. Not everything a player does is wrong just because you miss out on something.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't care what you guys have to say any more. You made your beds, you go lie in them. Just don't complain to anyone ever if you have a troll on your data center destroying your hunt marks or I'll remind you of what you've posted here. I can't wait to see how 6.0 messes your data centers up.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 11-30-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    Gaius van Baelsar: Nor is this unknown to your masters. Which prompts the question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Player
    Character
    Neioria Nilineia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Came here to see the back and forth, was not disappointed KEKW
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast