Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mello Minkus
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Why can't all of the Mog Station's clothes be stored in the armoire?

I have a decent amount of Mog Station clothes that can't be stored in the armoire, even though a majority can be; if someone spends real money on those items, I feel like it would be fair for more consistency on a storage method that doesn't cost the player's limited slot entries in their glamour dresser. It's kind of frustrating to have older clothes or weapons that I don't really wear much now take up limited space, but I don't want to discard them since the only way to get them back if I change my mind later is to buy them again; you can't even buy them with Gil from the Calamity Salvager like you can with many untradeable job quest rewards...

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with whether the items offer job stat bonuses either, since past pre-order bonus earrings that include experience point bonuses can be stored just fine. Conversely, some Mog Station items that don't have stat bonuses yet still can't be stored, such as the peacock attire.

Is there a particular reason why some clothing items that are exclusive to the Mog Station can't be stored in the armoire while others can? It really seems like every such item should be storable, including older ones that were previously released.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    From my - limited - understanding it depends on wether or not the item is mogstation exclusive or was previously available in game - a lot of the gear on the mogstation is basically just a re-release of older event items. Event rewards are storeable in the armoire, so the mogstation gear is too; same goes for other items that were available through other means (like the housemaid/butler attire that came from a collaboration). In these cases the mogstation items just recevice the same treatment as their non-mogstation counterparts.

Anything thats only ever been available on the mogstation cant be stored.

...again, thats at least to my limited knowledge - I havent bought that many mogstation items in the first place...
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'll never be buying an item from the mogstation that can't be consumed or stored.

I'm not paying TWICE for an item, once in real money, and once in storage space (that can only be expanded for MORE money).

Thing is, while they know people like me exist, we're a small enough minority that we don't matter. They'll make money just fine. Even from me on things like emotes and music scrolls.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mello Minkus
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    This is unfortunately still an issue as of Endwalker; I bought the maid outfit since it finally became wearable for male characters, and yet it’s another set of clothes that can’t be stored in the armoire despite being bought with real money.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mello Minkus
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Posting again because this is continuing to happen with newer sets of shop clothes that weren’t previously available from in-game events; why is this still a thing? Subscribers are paying real money for store-exclusive items, so why do they additionally have to pay in terms of limited inventory, retainer, or dresser space?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Because the Armorie isn't actually extra storage space at all - it actually deletes the item from your inventory completely but leaves a flag to restore it when you want to 'remove' it from the Armorie (this is why personalizations like dye and FC crests are deleted on anything stored there, it's being recreated to the item's default state as it's virtually a new item). Because items bought on the Online Store are single availability only, SE probably considers the risk of losing an item if it was stored in the Armorie due to a bug or glitch to be just too great, and are wanting to avoid the inevitable player virtriol that would result.

If storage space in your retainers etc are too much of a problem, perhaps cleaning your inventory and retainers of junk might free up space (don't hold onto low level gear that can be easily regained like cheap level 10 vendor gear).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I don't intend to buy anything from the mogstation that can't be stored in the Armoire.

Otherwise I'm paying for it twice, once to buy it, and again for space to store it in.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I feel like the solution could be managing it via achievements. We know we can get achievements just for dressing up in a particular outfit and talking to an NPC, so couldn't that be expanded to have a similar achievement for each Mog Station set? And then pieces could be either placed in the Armoire or safely discarded and repurchased from the Salvager.

Perhaps they could even (if they want to cut down on how many achievements it requires, and be nice to Fantasia switchers) have a single achievement between pairs of counterpart gendered sets.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kesey Stryker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    This issue needs to be addressed. They aren't considering players who have money to spend but don't have the space needed. They are literally letting players not spend money with this antiquated system.

The logical solution needs to be anything bought with real money from the online store that can be used as glamour needs to be put in the armoire.

The glam dresser needs to be exempt in this process. Why should I pay extra money for an outfit, that then has to take up my limited space in dresser, effectively giving me less storage for in game items than the player who isn't spending more than the subscription cost?

This is a needed change that is a long time coming.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Pompadora Dora
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I agree with the achievements suggestion. The Calamity Salvager already sells many items that can be purchased through Mog Station, thanks to being old event items. It would be nice to homogenize it, and allow having multiple copies of the maid dress etc so that people can have backups dyed different colors.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast