Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    As OP mentionned, there is a scouting position and a casting position available. Since the Summoner doesn't really have pets anymore, and the scholarly / strategic mage aspect of it fades away with the DOTs leaving, I would like those two aspects taken by the new future jobs. Although I didn't like them, I feel they are gameplay items that are inherent to the MMO genre and a lot people loved it for this reason. So my wish would be similar to other propositions mentionned above:

- a scouting DPS : Beast master, with a whip as a weapon, that would embark the pet focused gameplay on the melee role (but with range possibilities à la ninja)

- a casting DPS : the old sage / alchemist like mage from FF tactics advance (if you know, alas both names are taken now), with the Exarch stuffs (cane and floating cube) as a weapon.
    It would embark the dots and spells like quarter, break, time magic, illusions... well makes me think maybe the Exarch is kinda of a time mage.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I don't think that it makes sense to release both a caster and a ranged dps in the same expansion. It's like releasing a tank and a melee dps together. I know the temptation is to keep up the same pace of job releases, but with 6.x due to wrap up the present story arc, there's going to be a break in momentum going into 7.0. You could always throw in a limited job into the mix, but I want to see them clean house before the story picks up again.

I think they should pick one job, and focus in on renovating the current game systems. Fix movement jank and bugs dating back to 1.x that are holding the game back. Make movement and positioning more responsive. Balance out and make adjustments to the 20 or so jobs that we currently have. We're going to be approaching the 10 year anniversary of ARR by the time that the expansion after Endwalker comes out. It's time to do some serious upgrading.

A DoT based caster would be an excellent choice, now that SMN has vacated that seat. I think that a lot of people are thinking along those lines with Time Mage.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    I don't think that it makes sense to release both a caster and a ranged dps in the same expansion. It's like releasing a tank and a melee dps together. I know the temptation is to keep up the same pace of job releases, but with 6.x due to wrap up the present story arc, there's going to be a break in momentum going into 7.0. You could always throw in a limited job into the mix, but I want to see them clean house before the story picks up again.

I think they should pick one job, and focus in on renovating the current game systems. Fix movement jank and bugs dating back to 1.x that are holding the game back. Make movement and positioning more responsive. Balance out and make adjustments to the 20 or so jobs that we currently have. We're going to be approaching the 10 year anniversary of ARR by the time that the expansion after Endwalker comes out. It's time to do some serious upgrading.

A DoT based caster would be an excellent choice, now that SMN has vacated that seat. I think that a lot of people are thinking along those lines with Time Mage.
    Time Mage would be my last choice as a DoT-focused DPS. Necromancer, Rogue, and Arcanist all come to mind first. Hell I don’t think XIV’s design can support it as a core theme. Astrologian carrying it as a sub-theme was really the best hope for its existence at all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post

except scouting is not ranged, or I am mistaken in my naming (have client in French so...) : as i mentionned the beast master would be more like ninja, a melee with DEX gear shared with NIN and 1 or 2 more ranged attacks than the other melees (just like ninja).

So it would be a melee and a caster, and we'd have 6 melees (3x2 gear sets), 4 casters and 3 ranged, roster completed with only a 4th ranged in 8.0, and that would be it for jobs (and probably the game, release of 7.0 would be 2023 so 8.0 would be 2025 prob last expac)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mello Minkus
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Still hoping that a Beastmaster limited job is introduced sometime after Endwalker releases but before the expansion after that one comes out.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Amson Beoulve
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowMink View Post
    Still hoping that a Beastmaster limited job is introduced sometime after Endwalker releases but before the expansion after that one comes out.
    And I'm hoping there's no more limited jobs. Doesn't mean I'm against some monster taming/fighting content every job can do but no more with the limited job system.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fenris Pendragon
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    If WoW has what is effectively a Beast Master in the form of Beast Mastery Hunter, then FFXIV can pull it off without forcing it into the limited job system. FFXIV's Beast Master should be able to still go out and tame its pet as its own little side thing and participate in normal group play just like a class that WoW released in *checks notes*

23 November 2004.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Leih'to Molkoh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by aveyond-dreams View Post
    If WoW has what is effectively a Beast Master in the form of Beast Mastery Hunter, then FFXIV can pull it off without forcing it into the limited job system. FFXIV's Beast Master should be able to still go out and tame its pet as its own little side thing and participate in normal group play just like a class that WoW released in *checks notes*

23 November 2004.
    It's not a matter of being able to do it.
    It's a matter of wanting to do it.
    You say "FFXIV can pull it off without forcing it into the limited job system"
    The devs can say "FFXIV can pull it off without forcing it into the standard job system"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Amson Beoulve
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnix View Post
    It's not a matter of being able to do it.
    It's a matter of wanting to do it.
    You say "FFXIV can pull it off without forcing it into the limited job system"
    The devs can say "FFXIV can pull it off without forcing it into the standard job system"
    We can have content letting us tame and have battles with creatures without having a job be restricted in order to deliver that content. There are many in the camp against limited jobs that are not against this type of side content but feel the cost is too high.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Leih'to Molkoh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by jon041065 View Post
    We can have content letting us tame and have battles with creatures without having a job be restricted in order to deliver that content. There are many in the camp against limited jobs that are not against this type of side content but feel the cost is too high.
    We can also have content letting us tame and have battles with creatures without having a job be restricted by the standard job design and balance in order to deliver that content.
    I am all for "extended jobs" instead of "limited jobs". For sure. But until the devs make a statement on that (didn't hear anything from them on Blue Mage since it launched really and was a bit disappointed nobody asked them questions about BLU going into EW), I would rather have Beastmaster be limited rather than being a standard job.
    (2)

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast