Player
    Character
    Momo Kasuri
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80

How to report phising whisper?

Got a phishing wisper but I see an option to report RMT only, how to report phishing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arrhin Terremiaux
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    YOu have to file an actual report, it's under the support menu iirc. This scam has been circulating for YEARS and it's never been nipped by SE so I just blacklist the sender and move on now.
    (4)
    Don't touch me there

Player
    Not sure if gil raffles are reportable offenses or not? Please consult the ToS on that matter. If the link was fake or sent you to something shady, then yeah use the in game report feature. Also I'd suggest you hide the character's name, it is seen as naming and shaming.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiyora Valeriant
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I report it in-game under harassment since the other categories don't fit.
    (3)
    The Glamour Effect: That awkward moment when you realize you know FFXIV's gear pieces better than your own wardrobe X'D

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Its an attempt to get your username and password through a fake website meant to look like the official forums. There are a few threads floating around the forums from people falling for it and getting their account locked by SE
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gaen Zaer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TroySoFab View Post
    Not sure if gil raffles are reportable offenses or not? Please consult the ToS on that matter. If the link was fake or sent you to something shady, then yeah use the in game report feature. Also I'd suggest you hide the character's name, it is seen as naming and shaming.
    It is an attempt to use a fake website that LOOKS like the FFXIV forums to get your email and passwords. So extremely against TOS, never click an in game forum link ever.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hiro Masaaki
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 36
    Its quite simple from the URL of the screenshot o see that this is a crude phishing attempt.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arillyn Lovesong
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Would doing the Right Click RMT report not work as well? In my mind this is RMT behavior as they are trying to get your user info so they can steal your account and use it for RMT.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jennah Arhtima
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Just do the right-click report.

To my mind, the actual tickets are more for actual human players doing actual serious harassment and might conceivably warrant discussion with a GM; and the right-click is for a bot program that probably has nobody sitting behind the screen at all, for an account that is likely already-stolen or completely-automated from the get-go.

Even though it's not their stated policy, it appears to be how the GMs actually work. You will never, ever hear from them about a right-click report; but you will ALWAYS get a message from a ticket-report. Even if the body of your ticket is "Hey, this guy named himself after Hitler / rape / a racial slur; just thought you should know, no need to respond" you'll get at least an automated response...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirika Yuumura
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ISanych View Post
    Got a phishing wisper but I see an option to report RMT only, how to report phishing?
    Use Report Harassment in the System/Support Desk/Contact Us menu, add to the report that it's a "stolen account using phishing links"
    You should get a response fairly quickly thanking you for the phishing link report and that you can remove the offender from your blacklist if you had added it.

See:
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...=1#post5440345
    (0)
    Last edited by Kirika-; 08-10-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast