Player
    Character
    Sayyid El-amin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

I need intervnetion from Yoshi-P in order to play Endwalkers

I was hoping I could post this in the Separate Support Required section of Forums but I do not seem to have access.

I began playing FFXIV: ARR in August of 2013 while I was living in Japan while working as an English instructor. I haphazardly bought a Japanese version of the game as I'd been living there for 6 years at that point. I hadn't made a decision regarding when I would return to the States.

A year later I decided to return to the U.S. Of course that is when I became fully aware of the obstacles of maintaining a subscription on a Japanese account outside of the country. With effort, I found ways to keep it going. With each expansion getting an registration presented a new challenge but I found ways to make it work.

With the upcoming expansion Endwalker it seems my luck has run out. It is now utterly impossible for me to get a registration key for my account. I have tried the Square Enix Store and Amazon Japan.

I tried contacting Square Enix Support (NA) who directed me to Square Enix Support Japan. My language skills are not what they used to be. Although I composed a message that was partially in English and the best Japanese I could muster. The response I received was the support the Japanese language only.

I am not angry with support. I understand that they are limited in what matters they can address. My issue beyond anything they would find in their playbook/script. I just really want to continue playing the game with my characters that I have been playing for 8 years.

With hindsight I realize it would have less painful to have restarted with a new U.S. account the year I returned as opposed to 7 years later. As much as I love this game, I cannot bring myself to do that now. I have invested so much time and resources into the game (seasonal event achievements/rewards, glamour collections, Mog Stations purchases, etc.). I want to continue my journey through Endwalker and beyond.

I am posting this with the hopes it reaches the eyes and ears of empathetic member of the Square Enix Team.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    While my move wasn't as drastic as yours, I too reside in a different country than I registered in.
    Thankfully I am still in the same region so I can order game stuff, but I can't update my account information appropriately.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Axel Branford
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    hey mate! Same occured to me, so short story. The sooner you start a new account, the better.
    Was a bit massive to leave legacy stuff behind at start, but... You will see that most Stuff will not be missed.
    A great challenge to level everything to 80 again. But, challenges are good.
    Best of luck!
    (0)
    Last edited by AxelBranford; 07-23-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Faux Ears
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Would using a VPN help?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sayyid El-amin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I tried a VPN too, but to know avail. I am sure there is some logical reason for why they do not want Japan Region registration codes to be used outside of Japan even though a user can play across regions and data centers. There must be as they have gone through great lengths to prevent it this time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sayyid El-amin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It's not the leveling that is thwarting me. It's achievements and rewards (i.e. Mounts earned through Front Line victories) and purchases through Mog Station. I do appreciate your positive outlook, regardless. Cheers!
    (0)