Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrj View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. You prefer they say it behind your back, I prefer to know they're scum right then and there.
    For what reason? If they're enough of a scum to break the ToS, then they should be reported. Otherwise, it's largely irrelevant as you'll likely to not encounter them often enough to matter much unless you're both stuck doing the same niche contents, which is where the ignore function should be used if available.

The idea that people could be openly toxic means there is a lack of rule enforcement, which is bigger concern than knowing whether someone is a scum.
    (6)

Character
    Caur Kagon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    In addendum to my earlier statements. I would also say sprouts are largely irrelevant, as most are not likely to ever be of use to you or make it to end game. Best to be indifferent, because 90% aren't going to open their eyes and read anything you say to them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bjartur Arnason
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    My sis and I both played WoW before coming to FF14. I could care less about what other games you have or are playing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raxus Ryuo
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    As someone wh has played most every mmo on the market, and still does ill say this:

Every game thinks they have the best community.
    Every game thinks that every other game is way more toxic.
    Every game thinks that all its problems are caused by the converts from other games.
    Every game shares about 80% of their player base with everyone else.

If you are being harassed because of your love for something please report them and don't think you are the problem. but realize if you say for instance"Destiny 2 is way better than wow" wile playing wow you will get hate, don't be that guy. and if you are a ffxiv only player judging someone for enjoying other games take a step back and look at it subjectively, how can you call this community the best if its built on that amount of hate.

Have kindness for anyone you play with, we are all here to relax and have fun, and its up to us players to make that happen.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Krotoan Argaviel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeS View Post
    Is this a genuine sentiment among the community? I worry of being ostracized or worse if I even bring up the fact that I used to play WoW while in a duty with people.
    There are people like this in every gaming community. People who believe that you are no "true" fan and are something to fear/deride just because you played a different game.

It's not unique to FFXIV.

Every MMO (and I've played a lot for a long time) have people like this. They just need that mob, us VS them, dynamic to feel good about their choice.

Ignore and enjoy. Plenty of pleasant players to balance them out.
    (1)
    WHERE IS THIS KETTLE EVERYONE KEEPS INTRODUCING ME TO?

Player
    Character
    Chime Ex
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    To be honest, I only ever see the WoW hate/comparisons on the forums and on reddit. in-game, it's usually pretty chill.

That being said, welcome to the game. I hope you have lots of fun!
    (0)

Character
    Rinh Neftereh
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksummoner View Post
    So I am going to show Naaura how it is done to put someone on ignore. I will go first
    gcbtw
    sad that you didn't even try to argue and went straight to this, totally not toxic, by the way!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Neoyoshi Kaligawa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Honestly the only sentiment I've seen is how happy people are about the influx.

I may have some mixed feelings for one internet personality in particular that hails from World of Warcraft; but at the end of the day, all revenue that goes towards Squire-Enix is good revenue.
    (0)

Journey to all fish: 1214/1514 (300 remaining) [80%]

Player
    Character
    Y'dyalani Rhus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MPK View Post
    This games player base is a lot more smug than wow's if you haven't noticed already
    The so-called Triple Legends are the worst, avoid them at all cost
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dal S'ta
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeS View Post
    ... and it has me very concerned that in every other alliance or full-party duty I play, there's someone complaining about all the "WoW refugees."
    Funny, the only time I ever have a Conversation about anything is in the MSQ Roulette, where the longer cut-scenes allow for typing in party chat. And those conversations aren't about WoW refugees. Bad puns, the weather, comments about glamours, sure. WoW? Never.

Alliance Raids and 8-person duties are typically spent running from point to point, dealing with mobs and bosses in a timely manner and No. Conversation. Whatsoever.

How you can actually type in chat while the tank is running to the next set of mobs, let alone hold cogent conversations with fellow party members, is beyond me. In the short amount of time you've been playing, you certainly ran into a plethora of chatty party members. Unlike. Everyone. Else. In. Game.

Have fun.
    (2)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast