Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Square Enix can deal with any harassment that takes place within the game itself, though there isn't much they can do in regards to what takes place elsewhere.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    C'erise Vanesse
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    However, other players can upload your parses. If I recall correctly, you have to manually add a code to your lodestone character profile to hide this information. Either way, yes there are avenues to hide much of this information.
    Whoops, forgot about that. I don't use FFlogs, find the process much too much work for me to do now, lol. Either way, the information can be removed/hidden.

Though, if people on Kiwifarms are actively stalking the user by using their lodestone profile to figure out where they are, that's different. I had to make a new character to shift away from an abusive friendship situation about 3 weeks after I joined the game (out of game shenanigans, but still). If people from Kiwifarms are actively stalking you, report them to Kiwifarms admins with proof, OP, and they'll get banned, as Kiwifarms has a very strict harassment policy.

But they can't doxx you with the information available on the lodestone.
    (7)
    Off-Topic Discussion Megathread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/434886-Off-Topic-Discussion-Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpeaks View Post
    No thanks. Housing is fine as it is

Player
    Character
    Doppel Ganger
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    Square Enix can deal with any harassment that takes place within the game itself, though there isn't much they can do in regards to what takes place elsewhere.
    The blacklist has a limit, and DND resets every time you exit the game. It would be much preferable for Square to just add privacy options we can manually set like most other modern online services.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doppel Ganger
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkieTea View Post
    Whoops, forgot about that. I don't use FFlogs, find the process much too much work for me to do now, lol. Either way, the information can be removed/hidden.

Though, if people on Kiwifarms are actively stalking the user by using their lodestone profile to figure out where they are, that's different. I had to make a new character to shift away from an abusive friendship situation about 3 weeks after I joined the game (out of game shenanigans, but still). If people from Kiwifarms are actively stalking you, report them to Kiwifarms admins with proof, OP, and they'll get banned, as Kiwifarms has a very strict harassment policy.

But they can't doxx you with the information available on the lodestone.
    I've @ed the admin with proof of users stalking me on steam from kiwi farms. They were never banned, and even gloated about how they wouldn't be.

The "no autistic trolling plans" rule no longer seems to apply. Again, kiwi farms is a secondary issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Freyja Valkyrie
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    True, they can't really do anything about stuff that happens outside of the game, but they can take preventative measures to make it much harder to get information about players. Instead of trying to fix a problem, try and stop it from being a problem in the first place.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    C'erise Vanesse
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doog_Slayer View Post
    I've PMed the admin with proof of users stalking me on steam from kiwi farms. They were never banned, and even gloated about how they wouldn't be.

The "no autistic trolling plans" rule no longer seems to apply. Again, kiwi farms is a secondary issue.
    Did they actively engage you, or did they just send screenshots of what you were posting? These are two different things.

Part of the reason I'm trying to figure out this stuff is to help. (Another part is morbid curiosity, mind you, but that's separate.) As much as you think it doesn't help to know the exact why's and how's, it does. So I'll ask again: What information are they receiving from your lodestone? Your... ingame achievements? You can hide this. Your mounts, minions, and classes? How is this private information that could lead to your identity?

You're not answering that. You're saying they're trying to use this info to gather private information on you, but HOW?
    (9)
    Off-Topic Discussion Megathread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/434886-Off-Topic-Discussion-Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpeaks View Post
    No thanks. Housing is fine as it is

Player
    Character
    Doppel Ganger
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 2
    Did they actively engage you, or did they just send screenshots of what you were posting? These are two different things.

Part of the reason I'm trying to figure out this stuff is to help. (Another part is morbid curiosity, mind you, but that's separate.) As much as you think it doesn't help to know the exact why's and how's, it does. So I'll ask again: What information are they receiving from your lodestone? Your... ingame achievements? You can hide this. Your mounts, minions, and classes? How is this private information that could lead to your identity?

You're not answering that. You're saying they're trying to use this info to gather private information on you, but HOW?
    Dude... YES. I DID ANSWER.

Again, I don't want to be stalked in game. How many more times do I need to say it for you?

YES. THEY HAVE INTERACTED WITH ME ON STEAM. One of them even admitted to being a user who interacted with me on steam, and the other uses the same character as a profile pic and a name on both steam and kiwi farms.
    As for what personal information could they gather, how should I know? I DON'T DOX PEOPLE.

What I DO know is they use google caches, frequently track down people's online photos and etc. using obscure means. I personally have no personal information on the internet. As I said before: other innocent people are likely being abused by them as well. THAT IS MY PEROGATIVE IN EGGING THEM ON. KIWI FARMS IS A SECONDARY ISSUE.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Server Malfunction
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    What information are they receiving from your lodestone? Your... ingame achievements? You can hide this. Your mounts, minions, and classes? How is this private information that could lead to your identity?
    FFLogs is public information that YOU chose to put out there, and is a website final fantasy 14 has no affiliation with. Go to their developers if you want your information removed from their website.
    I love how you just repeated this information but made it more bolded XD LOL
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Eilonwy Ilyr
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I still don't get the connection between the Farms going after people and you egging them on.
    Are you trying to say that you're attempting to deflect their attention towards you and away from others or something?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doppel Ganger
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalan View Post
    I still don't get the connection between the Farms going after people and you egging them on.
    Are you trying to say that you're attempting to deflect their attention towards you and away from others or something?
    To an extent yes, but moreso to prove just how wrong they are to anyone on the site who may yet be reformed.

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I'd like to believe there are people on kiwi farms who can yet be reasoned with. I fail to see what any of this has to do with me asking squre enix to add more privacy toggles to avoid these issues from interrupting my enjoying the game, but I'm starting to suspect it's not even worth it at this point with the amount of pointless grilling I'm being put under that common sense can easily explain.

Do I look like a bad person to you? Then why are we still going on with this whole crapshoot?
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast