Player
    Character
    Sin Dredd
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

RNG behind RNG with a side of waiting

Not sure what the intent was, but locking the field records behind skirmishes and low RNG was far the best idea. This type of thing happens very frequently in FF14 and it’s never well received. I totally get the idea of trying to maintain the relevance of content that will potentially die, but there HAS to a better idea then this.
    As I type, I’m one of thirteen sitting in Bozja waiting for a handful of skirmishes to pop that almost certainly won’t drop the item I’m after. There’s nothing fun about this and I feel bad for the people who haven’t already spent 100+ hours here farming for memories that never dropped. The people who are simply trying to enjoy the only content we are gonna get until Endwalker or catch up.
    CEs spawn and if it’s not Castrum or one of the few that’s needed for field records, it’s mostly ignored. Then there’s the instance hoppers who pop in long enough to ask about a specific skirmish before leaving. Something has to change. “You’re part of the problem”, is something I’ve heard during debates in Bozja. How can you blame anyone for not wanting to keep grinding things we wasted a ton of time grinding months ago, for weeks/months.
    My thought, stop the pointless low RNG/waiting game and start allowing records to be bought with clusters or rewards from clearing skirmishes. Even using coins would be solid idea. It would better motivate people to actually play instead of AFKing their way through the content...just my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Wait, a thread with this title isn't about fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Omega View Post
    As I type, I’m one of thirteen sitting in Bozja waiting for a handful of skirmishes to pop
    That's part of your problem. To disincentivise players from camping the aetheryte and just watching the map they've made it so in Bozja you'll have a better time if you're out there doing things and spawning skirmishes.
    Map watchers have worse odds at getting into engagements, and "rumor has it" that active players get better drops too.
    (1)
    Last edited by ItMe; 06-01-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sin Dredd
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Lol true. I loved fishing tho. It became a vacation in game. Just me, the Regalia, and my tackle box
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ayrlyn Lessing
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    90 runs of castrum Im starting to think that 17 doesnt exist
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubbly Lourdes
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Farming and helping to spawn for more than a week for the skirmishes for field note 12 and 14 without any drops. These 2 skirmishes have already a very low spawn rate and adding an even lower drop rate for the field notes will more than likely to kill off the fun of farming. Please look into how this can be improved.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kesey Stryker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    What I don't understand is why they acquiesced on the haircut from Delubrum, so everyone could have a second means to get it beyond rng, but left everything else as is.

At this point, we should be able to buy every rng prize from Bojza, Delubrum, and Zadnor from the vendor in Zadnor. It should cost coins from every area. It should include mounts, haircuts, and field notes.

They could even add a requirement for you to have the honors achievement complete for having all 10 stacks of the 3 honors before accessing these prizes via the vendor. Because you would have literally proven yourself to be at the end of this content by that point.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Xenovia Stark
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 84
    It's getting ridiculous at this point, anything needed from ant of those areas has such a low drop rate its infuriating. And that's if you get to the fate in time to register.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I could deal with the low drop rate. But the actual SPAWN rate of For Absent Friends -> Of Steel and Flame -> the CE -> the dual And the Flames Went Higher is absurd. As I'm killing scorps, CLL has come and gone twice. There is an active cluster farm in the pond killing scorps. There are a handful of us scattered killing scorps to kill time. We are not just standing around waiting, we're actively trying to spawn it, and it just won't cooperate.

Please increase the spawn rate of this chain so we at least have a chance to try to get it and get to the dual!
    (1)
    Last edited by Catwho; 10-12-2021 at 11:56 AM.