Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

First Storm Leiutenant, have twice as much as asking price, but unable to buy house

Despite the fact that I am high enough in my grand company, I have twice the amount of gil to purchase the plot in Lavender Beds, I am being told that I am NOT allowed to buy it! It tells me that I cannot purchase the plot

It seems like the game either does not recognize that I am First Storm Leiutenant or it does not register that I have 7 million gil for a plot that costs 3.5 million

Does anybody know what the problem could be?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The plot sounds like it's just unavailable for purchase.
    After a house is vacated an invisible timer starts ticking down. After it is done the plot can be purchased.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    I hate that invisible phantom timer menace thing. That's what's keeping me from getting a house - just not gonna play that game.
    I wonder how Ishgard is going to roll out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    That's the message that I was getting. Kept saying that it is unavailable but there was no house there.

What is the point of the timer? And why even give us the ability to select purchase if you can't. Would make more sense to NOT give us the ability to attempt purchase until it is available.

How long is this timer and when do houses get demolished? 3 AM? Reset time?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    the point of the timer is to prevent house flipping at exorbitant prices because you cannot predict when the property will become available. you must wait for the random hidden timer (i think goes anywhere from 8-48 hours or something like that I forget) to expire before the plot can be purchased. Remember this timer is *separate* from the devaluation timer that is visible.

you just have to play the click/waiting game and see if you are lucky competing with someone else or not. or someone transferring will save you the trouble of sitting there and take it from under your nose.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    The timer expiring..it's random... personally it is on the top of a *very* short list of things I don't like about FFIV.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    What is the point of making us wait? I was the first to this plot and now six people are camping here.

What doofus thought to put an invisible random timer? The house should be rightfully mine because I was the first to discover a plot without a house
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tattersail Nightwish
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Great questions, and I agree with them both. I wish I knew.

"What doofus" indeed.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MoltresRider View Post
    What is the point of making us wait? I was the first to this plot and now six people are camping here.

What doofus thought to put an invisible random timer? The house should be rightfully mine because I was the first to discover a plot without a house
    The system before the timer was basically first come first serve. Anyone who found a plot without a house could get one. Then people abused this and began hoarding houses to flip at astronomical prices. Blame them for the system we have now. because of them we can't have nice things.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Has anybody done research/experimented with how the timer works? Like is it an exact specific number of hours, or can the timer be something like 9 hours and 27 minutes? I mean, would I have better luck by timing it to be on the hour exactly?

Google suggests that relocation bypasses the timer. Is this true? Will it work for my FC private chambers if I select 'relocate' and select the FC chambers? I can always just buy another FC room
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast