Player
    Character
    Ria Darkmoon
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    A DRK main who has to deal with living dead is complaining about the clunkiness of divine veil? XD
    Yes. Because if LD is a top priority to a DRK main it means you need to find new healers to play with.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I would be surprised if a developer has actually looked at Divine Veil since Heavensward and actually asked themselves how it fits in with tank balance and other raidwide mitigation tools. There's like four of them, so they probably haven't the time.

There's no reason why Divine Veil should be inferior to Shake it Off. Passage of Arms is a dps loss when there's a targetable mob up. If you're feeling threatened by PLD having access to both, perhaps have Veil cost gauge. Problem solved.

On a tangent, if you have healers who don't think that revising LD is a top priority on DRK, you definitely need to find new healers to play with. They're the ones who pay the resource costs at the end of the day.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Titania Chevalier
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Also something to note is that shake it off gives a shield based on the targets HP, while veil gives a shield based on the users HP. So when a PLD uses veil they’re giving the entire party a shield of 10% of TANK HP making it significantly stronger than an unbuffed shake it off on the group (the trade off here being it doesn’t effect the user).
    It's really not significantly stronger at all. The PLD in my static has ~203k HP which makes Divine Veil a ~20.3k Shield. The WHM has the lowest HP in my static at ~121k HP and Shake it Off provides a minimum Shield of ~18.5k. And again, that's minimum where there's only a ~1.8k difference in Shield strength. Buff Shake it Off with Raw Intuition and now the WHM has a ~20.5k Shield. As for our MNK, he has ~141k HP. An unbuffed Shake it Off is a ~21.1k Shield which is already beating out Divine Veil, and the Raw Intuition buffed Shake it Off is providing a ~24k Shield. The Shield from Shake it Off may not be based off the WAR's HP, but the higher multiplier balances it out anyways such that even low HP party members like Casters and Healers are barely down compared to Divine Veil, and it only gets stronger if the WAR chucks a low recast buff at it. Now, this is level 80 content and I'm drawing a blank on level 70 HP values so who knows, maybe Divine Veil is significantly stronger there if you're doing UCoB, but for level 80? Eh, Shake it Off will give a Shield that is either close enough or stronger depending on the Job and it Shields the WAR as well while PLD gets nothing from Divine Veil.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddict View Post
    It's really not significantly stronger at all. The PLD in my static has ~203k HP which makes Divine Veil a ~20.3k Shield. The WHM has the lowest HP in my static at ~121k HP and Shake it Off provides a minimum Shield of ~18.5k. And again, that's minimum where there's only a ~1.8k difference in Shield strength. Buff Shake it Off with Raw Intuition and now the WHM has a ~20.5k Shield. As for our MNK, he has ~141k HP. An unbuffed Shake it Off is a ~21.1k Shield which is already beating out Divine Veil, and the Raw Intuition buffed Shake it Off is providing a ~24k Shield. The Shield from Shake it Off may not be based off the WAR's HP, but the higher multiplier balances it out anyways such that even low HP party members like Casters and Healers are barely down compared to Divine Veil, and it only gets stronger if the WAR chucks a low recast buff at it. Now, this is level 80 content and I'm drawing a blank on level 70 HP values so who knows, maybe Divine Veil is significantly stronger there if you're doing UCoB, but for level 80? Eh, Shake it Off will give a Shield that is either close enough or stronger depending on the Job and it Shields the WAR as well while PLD gets nothing from Divine Veil.
    Shake It Off was buffed from the "useful" StB version in both 5.0 and 5.2. It went from a 8% shield base with 4% increase per sacrificed buff (4 buffs max for 24%) to of 12% shield base with a 2% increase (3 buffs max for 18%) with 5hB. In 5.2 it was buffed to 15% +2% (up to 3 buffs) for a max of 21%. Most people likely didn't realize that it has been buffed to the point that it is now roughly equal to/superior to DV.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ultimatecalibur; 04-25-2021 at 01:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2