Player
    Character
    Joceline Joestar
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80

Got to Amaurot and spoke to Big H. Mind is blown. BLOWN.

I have one relative who plays, but he’s an Emet-Selch fanboy who is alternating between crying laughing and PROMISING me that I won’t turn into an angel. I need to yell about this to somebody who will cackle a little less, so I came here.

I did not expect my WoL -er, WoD -to
    once have been a fragment of a member of the group I have only ever wanted to burn down. And I would be happy to brush off the convo as more lies, like I’ve been doing with everything else that came out of Emet’s mouth. The history/culture nerd in me loves this city, the cynic in me says it’s too good to really have been like this. For all I know H is a very elaborate part of this very elaborate reconstruction, sent to throw me off before I get to the big man.
    But Seto also said that the WoD had a similar soul to Ardbert’s, and Seto seemed like a decent sort who wouldn’t lie. And it would explain why Ardbert keeps coming around, and why the cutscenes make my WoD WANT him around, and why
    they can touch
    . I guess I’ll never be rid of him now. And that bit at the Ladder, where Emet acts for a second like
    the WoD would remember Amaurot... that makes sense now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I just... I just can’t, y’all. I logged out. Assuming this is the truth, it won’t
    make me vulnerable to any trickery by Zodiark or his cult, will it? I/Ardbert wasn’t one of the ones who helped with the summoning, right? I should get answers if I keep playing, but y’all... I don’t wanna be one of them! I don’t want to have been one of them or part of one of them!
    This is some cursed knowledge that I don’t know how to deal with other than beating the tar out of Emet for making me hear it... an act that Y’shtola and Minfilia 8.0 say will
    finish me off.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    (3)
    Last edited by Tensaihime; 04-23-2021 at 07:52 AM. Reason: should have blocked them spoilers, shame on me
    “Oh well, we tried. I guess I better get out of Eorzea before they start having EF5s every day.“

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    You might want to spoiler some of that as they are major revelations (use '[hb]' tags to hide spoilers in posts).

There is far more to what is shown in Amaurot than meets the eye, but
    a quick spoiler, no, the WoL's Ancient form was not part of Hydaelyn's summoning, or for that matter, they were not involved with Zodiark's summoning either. Exactly who they were, and who summoned Hydaelyn, is revealed in the later patch storyline which I will not spoil, so keep playing!

Don't worry though, the WoL is their own person who does take certain thematic cues from their Ancient self, but their choices and ambitions are completely their own now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 04-23-2021 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Joceline Joestar
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Thanks for the tag reminder. I shouldn’t have let panic keep me from appropriately labeling the important stuff.

And thanks for letting me know that
    I’m still playing as somebody with free will.
    Spineless-cutscene-WoL was plenty bad already.
    (1)
    “Oh well, we tried. I guess I better get out of Eorzea before they start having EF5s every day.“

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Yeah cool story now get your butt back to stoic nods whenever someone needs you to gather their sheep or slay ikons, war machines or aliens... xD

Id advise you to play till the 5.3 trial when youre at sending back our friends and then read the "tales from the shadows" on the lodestone as they had some really interresting stuff in them...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Joceline Joestar
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Oh no, I just thought about something else. Does this mean Gaius was right about the Twelve when he was ranting in the Praetorium?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaihime View Post
    Oh no, I just thought about something else. Does this mean Gaius was right about the Twelve when he was ranting in the Praetorium?
    From a certain point of view perhaps, but even back then his rant was really just parroting the Garlean directive of "destroy all primals" as their (and specifically, his) excuse for their conquering of other nations. Solus (aka
    Emet
    restructured the Garleans into following a rigid 'might makes right' ideology as the Empire, picking up on their long resentment at being constantly bullied and their ingrained insecurities for being basically muggles surrounded by countries full of people who could use magic.

The end result was under Solus's rule all that resentment and insecurity was reformed and manipulated into a single-minded zealousness of "KILL PRIMALS AND THE BEASTMEN WHO WORSHIP THEM" and "GO CONQUER THE WORLD" that is pretty much the same as the blind Primal worship of the 'savages' they supposedly hate (with further irony given that it was the Ascians like Emet who were teaching Primal summoning in the first place.). So his moral high ground kind of collapsed a little.
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 04-23-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Laethoran Arventi
    World
    Sophia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    What's the TL;DR of this post, that's more coherent.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafreyu View Post
    What's the TL;DR of this post, that's more coherent.
    After the cutscene with Hytholaedaeus, OP is scared of the implications of the past with regards to the WoL and Amaurot and the Ascians.
    (3)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Joceline Joestar
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrerus View Post
    After the cutscene with Hytholaedaeus, OP is scared of the implications of the past with regards to the WoL and Amaurot and the Ascians.
    Yes, that’s just it.
    (1)