Player
    Character
    Paris Comandante
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

A new trait for Hidden items

Wouid be nice if we got a trait that revealed hidden items in nodes 10+ levels below us automatically. It can be so frustrating to try and get hidden items that are so common use in things like submersible parts like Titanium and Mythrite Ores I mean we leveled up to cap and we still have trouble getting these? It shouldnt be that way if you ask me. A trait like this would be much welcome as something to get in the first few levels of Endwalker dont you think?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    It gets worse on other items like seeds. If they even spawn you can gather 1. You cannot use abilities to increase your yield or force them to pop, unless I am missing something. And once you gather the 1 seed, it disappears from the list. Even sending retainers is pointless because I believe they can only bring them back 1 at a time. How they decide which items to add scarcity to makes zero sense.

I am a lvl 80 fully decked out botanist and it took me nearly an hour of running in a circle to get 6 grape seeds from a lvl 15 node to make a couple pieces of furniture, yeah, after you hit a certain level it just becomes silly.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Paris Comandante
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Hopefully if the developers notice or have already noticed this we can have them do something about it like adding this trait. I mean I would greatly appreciate somethign like this and it being on level 81+ makes me feel is the best time to get it as we all have had enough time to "walk the walk" in gathering by that point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tyss Kaatapoh
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    There is a way to see all hidden items on a node but you have to have gotten 3 'hits' of HQ (Chain 2 of HQ on the tooltip). On nodes 10 levels and under Unearth3/Leafturn3 will make each 'gather' HQ, and then use Luck of the Pioneer. Not always super helpful if you are wanting things like birch logs or something of that nature in HW onwards, but it is a bit helpful when looking for maps or those seeds you can only get 1 of anyway.

ARR nodes are the worst, with the items you can only get 1 of (seeds and soils being the main ones), plus the timed nodes are every hour, unlike HW onward where they are every half hour. I wish they'd go back and redo the ARR nodes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Parisu View Post
    Wouid be nice if we got a trait that revealed hidden items in nodes 10+ levels below us automatically. It can be so frustrating to try and get hidden items that are so common use in things like submersible parts like Titanium and Mythrite Ores I mean we leveled up to cap and we still have trouble getting these? It shouldnt be that way if you ask me. A trait like this would be much welcome as something to get in the first few levels of Endwalker dont you think?
    It's not that hard to farm those items even with them being Hidden. Just remember to use Pick Clean when they appear.

Even easier is to take advantage of the Curious Crop Exchange. Voidrake (ARR mats) and Althyk Lavender (HW mat) seeds can be purchased with Company Credits and grown in your garden patch(s). They add up quickly and that lets you buy what you need on demand with a little advance preparation. When I was running a workshop, i had the garden patches planted with the seeds if I wasn't trying to restock Thavnairan Onions in the FC chest. I built up a supply of several hundred Voidrake and Althyk Lavender. If I had more than I expected to reasonably need for the workshop, I'd use them to buy and sell the materials on the MB to raise more gil for the FC. You can't get Mythrite Nuggets via the Exchange but you can get Mythrite Ore along with Titanium Nuggets, Cloud Mica (to make Titanium Ingots) and many other materials.

That would save you a lot of time farming those items so you can spend it instead on farming what can't be obtained through the Exchange.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seleni Cereus
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    If you have miner/botanist retainers you can send them out to gather those.

Depending on server economy, though, it might be cheaper to just buy them and send the retainers out gathering more profitable items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Remember you don't have to gather from the nodes if they don't have the hidden item. HW and above nodes come in 3 pairs. You go to one pair, open one node, close it if there's no hidden item, go to the next pair, open one node, close, go to the next pair, repeat. At this stage the first pair have reset and you continue until you find hidden items. In addition you only open the nodes that don't have a visible bonus on the bar when selected before opening, (things like Gathering Fortune +5% ect.) since the others have a chance to proc trait bonuses like +2 attempts or yield +3.

Generally doing the above you'll find hidden mats faster than you recover the GP for pick clean.

The same applies for gathering HQ items, such as herbs for grade 4 Tinctures. Reset for a yield +3 node, use Leaf Turn III and repeat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Paris Comandante
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Well since I returned to the forums this aged well apparently. The skill luck of the Pioneer being reworked into something that uncovers the hidden items at 200 gp was a nice addition but honestly just being able to pop the hidden items on a node of lower levels without a cost would still be a welcome change as I often have to run out of GP and Cordials have a really long cooldown, making what could be a 5 minute task into a 15 minute task... but maybe thats just me. I believe this phenomena is thread necromancy? Well I wouldnt mind being more active on the forums from now.
    (1)