Player
    Character
    Red Divinity
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    The combo buff will probably buff WAR dps by ~2%. For the average player, this will most likely bring WAR above DRK, even just by a small margin. On top/max end... probably not, but we'll see. I doubt, they will beat PLD or GNB any time soon.

As for Grit: I agree that it should've been like this from the very beginning, but why "fix it" at the last patch circle? Such changes shouldn't have taken 2 years to "fix" in the first place. But hey, there is hope they fix Blood Weapon in 5.6, right?... Right?
    Theses buff are probably something already planned long time or maybe a test to see how it will affect the population of the job, dunno could be anything. Expecting reworks on the main abilities of the classes this far on the expansion is kinda nuts, ShB its almost finished. If im not mistaken they did reworked Mch and the end of SB and it didnt went well so i doubt they would risk it again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daul Ban
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    But hey, there is hope they fix Blood Weapon in 5.6, right?... Right?
    If it makes you feel any better chicken little, even if the rest of the people on this subforum haven't noticed you can play another job if you aren't satisfied with the one you're playing right now. Jet black dye applies just as well on all the other armour.
    (0)
    One day I'll be the MT mountain I want to be... But that day is not today. (As of Patch 3.2)

Player
    Character
    Red Divinity
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DaulBan View Post
    If it makes you feel any better chicken little, even if the rest of the people on this subforum haven't noticed you can play another job if you aren't satisfied with the one you're playing right now. Jet black dye applies just as well on all the other armour.
    Unfortunately i have to agree, DRK is far from being bad or underperforming, its playstyle is just different as it was on SB just like it was different on HW, so it will change next Expansion. If not enjoying it right now its time to try out new things and if you want to give proper feedbacks go for it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rys Sol
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    WAR has been the worst, least played tank all expansion. So yes, I'm surprised they actually buffed it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ari Dyones
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoDivinity View Post
    Theses buff are probably something already planned long time or maybe a test to see how it will affect the population of the job, dunno could be anything. Expecting reworks on the main abilities of the classes this far on the expansion is kinda nuts, ShB its almost finished. If im not mistaken they did reworked Mch and the end of SB and it didnt went well so i doubt they would risk it again.
    They did mention, they would only release number changes because the dev team is busy with Endwalker. And while it does bring WAR dps to (almost) the same as DRK dps, I don't see the reason why... By that logic, GNB and PLD would do both the same dps, too. The changes to Blood Weapon have been a request for a very long time. Since they reworked Ninja Bunshin, a big chunk of the DRK community has asked for this to happen.

When they reworked Monk, they also changed Perfect Balance to stacks. Before the rework, for lvl 50-70 you were only able to get 5 GCDs into PB, and at 80 you could get 6 into PB only when you had enough SkS and good latency. Now it's 6 stacks for every level tier. Then I have to question why this wouldn't be possible for DRK Blood Weapon? The very same problem - enough SkS and latency - led to the same issue, so why not use the same formula?

FYI, even tho I barely play DRK - because yes, I don't really enjoy the job, I would rather play the original than a clone - this isn't about "are you satisfied", but fixing an issue that exist since 5.0, and could've been fixed since they reworked Ninja, if not sooner. Some of FC mates and friends do play DRK (and I did play it during TEA), and they all say the same thing: Blood Weapon just freaking sux! And it would be so easy to fix!

You could say Blood Weapon is still bugged, but apparenty it's more important to fix the enmity generation on you pet, than fixing BW. I remind you, this is probably the last patch circle, and we will most likely not see another balance change or rework. So, this is it! They ignore it because it doesn't seem to be an issue for JP servers, but EU and NA (especially NA) suffer from it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rozemyne Shyahoro
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Dark Knight is among my favorites, aesthetically, but I... can't say that enmity with living shadow (or in general) was something I ever had a problem with.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Shao Kuraisenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I know the WAR jp threat has been really active this last months but I'd don't know why they buffed the job, still if only put WAR over DRK on dps it's fine. About living dead enmity buff considering the state of enmity i don't see why does matter at all but I'm quite shock the skill remained like that all the expansion, they don't test the jobs numbers before launch them or what? Anyway.

Some ppl just click with a job and they love it so much no other job in the game can really substitute it no matter how much you try it, it's not as simple as "just change job pal", losing you main gameplay option will lead to a great lack of enjoyment on the whole game since you experience entirely trought the job.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ziero Rehw-bidit
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Launched View Post
    WAR has been the worst, least played tank all expansion. So yes, I'm surprised they actually buffed it.
    Tank with the most spammable invuln, best self sustain capabilities, top tier mitigation on par with DRK, but oh no it's damage is 4th by a miniscule superficial difference Get real, this is just icing on the cake, don't act coy.

Other tanks, cry harder.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Why are you all complaining?
    You won't even notice this buff as a casual player.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Curisu View Post
    Why are you all complaining?
    You won't even notice this buff as a casual player.
    I think that's part of the complaint. The lack of changes.
    (8)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast