Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Suzaku Extreme lore?

What is the lore around the fight Hell's Kier Extreme?

I understand that Suzaku is a bird in love with a human and that she lost her loved one. However, in extreme, her vocals suggest that her loved one is still alive and that I do not understand.

Can someone explain the lore behind Suzaku extreme?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MoltresRider View Post
    What is the lore around the fight Hell's Kier Extreme?

I understand that Suzaku is a bird in love with a human and that she lost her loved one. However, in extreme, her vocals suggest that her loved one is still alive and that I do not understand.

Can someone explain the lore behind Suzaku extreme?
    It's not just in Extreme where her voice lines refer to you as Tenzen. Tenzen was the man she was in love with, a Far Eastern Warrior of Light analogue from 1,000 years ago or however long it was between the events of the past and the present. The Warrior of Light, our player character, is so reminiscent of Tenzen to her, that in her madden Aramitama state, she sees them as one and the same. This is why she refers to the WoL as, "Tenzen, My Love." all throughout the fight.
    (10)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Given revelations in Shadowbringers, it's even possible that Tenzen could even have been a bearer of the same Azem soul shard that we possess, which would be further reason for Suzaku to mistake us as him. We could literally be his reincarnation.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Adoratur Flosaruber
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    Given revelations in Shadowbringers, it's even possible that Tenzen could even have been a bearer of the same Azem soul shard that we possess, which would be further reason for Suzaku to mistake us as him. We could literally be his reincarnation.
    No, Tenzen's soul is still lingering around as shown by the final quest. He's just another dude with the Echo.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lily Rabanastre
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    On the other hand, maybe Tenzin's Echo was similar enough to the WoL's that its effects on Suzaku reminded her of Tenzin. Like, he could've had the Memories/pseudo-Omniglot combo. The latter of which is rarely used in the story for completely understandable reasons (it'd slow the story to a crawl if nobody other than the WoL could understand every new culture the story takes the main cast to), but still shown off on occasion (like how we can understand what Feo Ul/Thancred/etc. are saying when they speak the Fae language).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vane Weaver
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    No, Tenzen's soul is still lingering around as shown by the final quest. He's just another dude with the Echo.
    Whenever a "ghost" shows up in the story, take it with a grain of salt. Ambient aetherial activity and a lot of nearby emotional instability can produce simulacrums of almost anything. Personally, I think Tenzen really was a past incarnation of WoL, and his appearance at the end of the quests was inadvertently created through the memories of WoL's own soul interacting with the power of the wards Tenzen had created.
    (4)