Player
    Character
    Tiana Vestoria
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    As for your claim of inflexiblity, the Paladin rotation actually generates a bit more than 12k MP every minute. Mixing in a hard cast or 2 of clemency every minute outside of the Requiescat burst would not be difficult and given a long enough buff duration a Clemency cast outside the Requiescat burst would not reduce damage within the burst by any amount. Clemency->GB combo->(Requiescat)Holy Spiritx3->Confiteor would do the same dps as GB combo->(Requiescat)Holy Spiritx4->Confiteor. My suggestion actually increases Clemency flexibility by a massive amount.
    It is inflexible because you 1. break your combo with it and 2. even if Clemency didn't break your combo, you would still delay your rotation by 1GCD every time you used it, making you slowly but surely drift even more out of party buff windows than you currently do.

So we can not work with the assumption that the "new" Clemency is used outside of Requiescat, because Req windows are the only time where you can use it without screwing yourself.
    (5)
    Last edited by Absurdity; 04-19-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Argyle Darkheart
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    Currently the Paladin actually has the weakest and most expensive self sustain of the all the Tanks.
    Self-sustain isn't the issue (or, at least, it's not the issue); Clemency is a targeted healing spell. That's a massive distinction.

As for your claim of inflexiblity, the Paladin rotation actually generates a bit more than 12k MP every minute. Mixing in a hard cast or 2 of clemency every minute outside of the Requiescat burst would not be difficult and given a long enough buff duration a Clemency cast outside the Requiescat burst would not reduce damage within the burst by any amount. Clemency->GB combo->(Requiescat)Holy Spiritx3->Confiteor would do the same dps as GB combo->(Requiescat)Holy Spiritx4->Confiteor. My suggestion actually increases Clemency flexibility by a massive amount.
    The inflexibility is specifically in reference to Requeiscat. The 3600 healing potency in question would happen within a 3 GCD window, optionally shifted by 1 GCD. This is what would cause the imbalance, as far as I'm concerned. Any Clemency casts outside that window are somewhat immaterial, but would certainly cause far less imbalance.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Curisu View Post
    A thing I dislike is the useless cover.
    Back in SB it was really useful especially when you and other people died. You could use it right after a rezz and prevent the death of the healer who just rezzed you instead of healing himself.
    Only by generic play, in hardcore groups it's very useful still to this day in Shadowbringers. E6S? Used for melee uptime. Warrior Of Light? Used for Pyro on melee. E9S? Used to prevent boss turning for busters, plus saves cooldowns. E12S? Used for tank uptime on Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Curisu View Post
    I also like the isolated rotation of the PLD that doesn't fit in any buff window. You just have to care for this rotation and don't really need to sync any burst dmg into other players buffs.
    Getting a solid parse by a faster kill Paladin should Skip 1 Holy Spirit at least twice for Ninja Trick Attacks. It's a loss of self potency skipping 2 Holy Spirits but it keeps good value of pushing faster kills for a better parse, including your team syncing to Trick Attack. Rare times the fight requires a longer fight and speed kills literally proven it enough. Fight or Flight falls behind Trick Attack due to GCD timings if the Ninja uses Trick Attacks soon it's up, delayed Trick Attacks it doesn't need to skip Holy Spirits.

Edit: Skipping Holy Spirits, you pop Reqs before your last Atonement for the 25% boost from Fight or Flight, it's still considered Physical damage. With good timing Fight or Flight will fall soon the Atonement has clicked. Never skip during the pot window, you skip one on 2nd rotation once, then skip one again on the 3rd rotation. This sounds ridiculous I know I am not trolling.
    (1)
    Last edited by Undeadfire; 04-19-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    Gae Bolg Animus 18/04/2014

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadfire View Post
    snip
    I know.
    That's all from my basic pov because I cleared this expansion nearly everything alone via PF.
    And it's hard/ impossible to make a good use out of these optimation in random PF groups.

So itself as a solo player or with just a average group, PLD hast the most stable dps and rotation.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Fair enough, I understand your positioning then.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Undeadfire View Post
    you pop Reqs before your last Atonement for the 25% boost from Fight or Flight, it's still considered Physical damage.
    As of shadowbringers requiescat is considered unaspected magic damage. They specifically changed this so people didn’t feel like they needed to squeeze it into the FoF window and make the physical and magical sides of PLD clean cut.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Hm fair apologies for the mistake, but still Holy Spirit skipping sticks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vatom Basilisk
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I have no problem for pld maybe the pulls but that’s like all the tanks honestly idk why there really is a complaint they are at their peak this expansion dmg and mit they are solid maybe a clean up on their buttons causes there still a lot but really small fixes
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Equinox Axxion
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Pld also needs an offensive off the gauge
    (0)
    for a year, would you rather be secretly filmed at random moments and have the footage uploaded to your social media or loose $100 when ever you said a curse word?

Player
    Character
    Aodhan O'finnegain
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxion View Post
    Pld also needs an offensive off the gauge
    No reason to give PLD an offensive option to their gauge, otherwise they'll never use Sheltron, Intervention, or Cover except in super niche scenarios, where using Cover would give PLD more uptime, to outweigh the damage lost from the offensive spender.
    (3)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast