Player
    Character
    Emnize Quetz
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Unhappy Don't give completion credit to players who don't use the mech in Praetorium

Please please please, change it so that if you go afk and try to have people carry you through the mech part of Praetorium they don't get credit for completing the run. This is getting ridiculous, where players (I have seen up to 4 at a time) sit back and let the rest of the group carry them through the mech part. This used to be a minor annoyance, but no seems like the exception.

4/5 runs of Prae for moogle tomes this week I have had someone let them carry them, to the annoyance of the party. We often can't kick them because of tagged enemies earlier in the environment, and they get away with it nearly every time. The players who care enough to actually do the run shouldn't have to pull the dead weight of lazy people who think they're better than it.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cin Aamon
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Unfortunately this is going to happen; and to be honest MSQ roulette is so faceroll easy; does it even matter this much to you? The event will be over soon, it won't last forever. I personally don't think this is that big of a deal, and sometimes folks get left behind from those that have no patience. You know how many folks I've seen get left behind when trying to grab their key and didn't get to the elevator platform in time for that same part you're talking about? That would sort of end up being unfair for a lot of players during that part if that was a thing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coletergeist View Post
    does it even matter this much to you? The event will be over soon, it won't last forever.
    Yes /10char
    People taking advantage of the group for a free ride is just stupid. This event might be bringing out more of it, but it's always been a problem with MSQR.

Quote Originally Posted by Coletergeist View Post
    sometimes folks get left behind from those that have no patience. You know how many folks I've seen get left behind when trying to grab their key and didn't get to the elevator platform in time for that same part you're talking about? That would sort of end up being unfair for a lot of players during that part if that was a thing.
    I've been left behind in these duties.
    But when they start a boss fight you can always "teleport to sealed area." You can't NOT catch up unless you try (and they're clearly trying to exploit the party if they're keeping mobs leashed to prevent from being kicked).
    (2)
    Last edited by ItMe; 04-10-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lanore Evermourne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Genius or lazy? Lazy genius?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'erise Vanesse
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I've also seen folks who simply d/c at a certain part and just see it as easier to wait versus try to fight to get a mech and hurry.
    (0)
    Off-Topic Discussion Megathread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/434886-Off-Topic-Discussion-Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpeaks View Post
    No thanks. Housing is fine as it is

Player
    Character
    Seleni Cereus
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    It might not have been intentional if it’s their first time.

The one time I did the Praetorium for MSQ, having only read up on strategy summaries on the boss fights, I did not know you have you get your own key, so I was frantically trying to click on the mech while everyone else vanished. It took me a long time before I realized that I must have missed a quest item. So I took the elevator back down, found the key, went back to the mech, and finally started the cutscenes. (I considered it 2nd most embarrassing sprout moment in my limited experience with this game, with the first being dying to Titan’s first stomp for running out of the circle. orz)

I did not get the option to transport to the boss until I finally exited out of the cutscene. By then the fight had already started and the boss was like at 80 or 70%. So if the first time player might have been simply stuck in the cutscene because they figured out the key part late.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seleni View Post
    I did not get the option to transport to the boss until I finally exited out of the cutscene. By then the fight had already started and the boss was like at 80 or 70%. So if the first time player might have been simply stuck in the cutscene because they figured out the key part late.
    Good thing we can see who is in a cutscene and if that is the issue.
    Also, good thing players can't simply not advance through the text to stay in a cutscene.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hildbrand Manderville
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    That would be great.

This is one of the reasons I don't do MSQ roulette even with all the exp and poetics it gives. Toxicity and freeloaders are very common in it...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Adonis Peachblossom
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Aaaaaah I think I've only seen that once. And I'll admit I did it once but I had an emergency and had to step away from the game nor could I warn anybody via keyboard. But man, it's a long ass trial to get through but that shouldn't mean you leave the rest of the party to deal with it. We are all suffering in Praetorium hell, ride the pole to hell with us or get out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Would punish anyone who gets left behind or can't do the mech for whatever reason. I had mobs aggroed on me from earlier at that point once and they kept interrupting when I tried to engage. Had to stay trapped in the mech room for ages because if you don't do the cs there, you don't even get the hole in the wall to run out of.
    (1)