Player
    Character
    Pikalovr The-shocking
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

am i the only one who feels that when the boss goes untargettable

when the boss goes untargettable for like a phase change or something it should count as out of combat for abilities like hide?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'ahli K'uhla'tor
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by pikalovr View Post
    when the boss goes untargettable for like a phase change or something it should count as out of combat for abilities like hide?
    That would cause problems for the other jobs that actually require being in combat for their own downtime effects to work. Skills like Meditate and Improvisation all require you to be in combat to either build gauge, and skills like Meditation, Infuriate, and Ikishoten require being in combat to even be pressed.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Pikalovr The-shocking
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    i'm not saying make you the character out of combat i'm saying code the ability to basically say my character isn't in combat since nothing is targettable so it fits that checkmark changing how the ability itself checks for out of combat pretty much instead of forcing you the character to be "out of combat"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Powercow Cowcow
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by pikalovr View Post
    i'm not saying make you the character out of combat i'm saying code the ability to basically say my character isn't in combat since nothing is targettable so it fits that checkmark changing how the ability itself checks for out of combat pretty much instead of forcing you the character to be "out of combat"
    Yeah, and it'd mess with a lot of skills. White Mages, for example, wouldn't accrue lillies if they're out of combat. Or if the ability checks to see if you're out of combat or however you wanna phrase it.
    (7)
    If someone wins an argument, they have learned nothing.

FOR DOCKHAND!

Player
    Character
    Aelona Chillwind
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    If anything imo Hide should just become a more interesting and useful ability in actual combat.
    I dunno but maybe in the expansion they may make it useful in combat and that's how we use Trick Attack and they do something else with Suiton.

It kinda sucks that as a Ninja stealth which is pretty much a core of the identity and the fantasy of a Ninja is just used in the opener pre pull.
    Unless we're talking about Ninja Gaiden I guess lol, not saying that Ninjas in other games aren't just basically treated as brawlers and don't really use stealth.
    But I'd say that in pop culture and when most people hear '' Ninja '' at least they think about a stealthy Assassin.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledBurd View Post
    That would cause problems for the other jobs that actually require being in combat for their own downtime effects to work. Skills like Meditate and Improvisation all require you to be in combat to either build gauge, and skills like Meditation, Infuriate, and Ikishoten require being in combat to even be pressed.
    Mediate would actually work better... not sure what you're talking about here. You'd get all 5 chakra stacks in one button press rather than having to spam it over and over...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sono Faolain
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    It always bothered me why NIN don't have a "combat" stealth to disengage a battle you know you can't win. Playing with that in other games was fun. Make it longer CD, apply the same rules as regular one to reset Mudras and Viola!
    (0)
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring