Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Xyasreau Borlaaq
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Played DRK in HW and SB. ShB DRK is fine. ShB Delirium is not fine.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lythia Norvaine
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Nobody wants to main average, fine, or passible. Really enjoyable is just about the absolute minimum, but you should ideally aim for incredibly fun.

Delirium is mediocre, but Living Dead doesn't even get pass marks.

We already have an oGCD DoT. GCD DoTs tend to work out better on jobs that have a strict rotation. The exception might be is if you had a DoT effect that generated MP or blood over time, as the focus on DRK is resource management. But the more GCD dots that you manage, and the shorter the duration of the DoTs, the more fixed your rotation becomes. We have a lot of jobs with strict rotations. It's better for DRK to have a variable, dynamic one, for variety.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Claire Oreiro
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Answering the title - gone, reduced to atoms. Knowing Square I wouldn't expect any fixes, but I hope for them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yesunova Hotgo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Dark Knight is pretty much a new job in ShB and yes, it plays a lot more like Warrior does and I don't like it either. This is speaking as somebody who was a WAR tank in ARR, swiched to DRK in HW and kept it in SB. If I wanted a WAR gameplay, I'd have stuck with WAR but what they did with DRK I liked and I found it appealing. Now they've stripped all of the elements that made me enjoy DRK and now whilst it flows smoothly, I'm in favour of the return of old DRK. To me SB DRK is the best compromise because it's a more user friendly version of the ARR one. I used to like that it had a technical aspect and that it took knowing how to play it to not be squishy and that you had an MP management focus mixed in that based on how you enhance your moves. Selectively enhancing your own abilities through Dark Arts to me was an interesting dynamic.

Now it's dead simple to play and I don't really have to think about anything and there's no technical aspect to it, the Dark Arts mechanic, which I felt was a part of its identity is now gone entirely. It flows better, sure but not near as fun. Now I tank on GNB, which is still less appealing to me than old DRK, but it is more interesting than current DRK.

Because we see similar problems with the healers I feel like SE need to embrace a varying the difficulty level between jobs, which we have had, but maybe even provide a rating. So DRK could be the hardest, and PLD maybe the easiest (as it's closest to a traditional tank).

That way they can keep a focus of its difficulty level and to manage expectations and to keep it consistent. At least then, people who want something more technical to play know to pick something with a higher difficulty rating and they will know they can stick with that. After all, they want to accommodate a larger range of players, it'd also communicate to people starting out what's a good job to start with and gives them something more suitable for them. If they still enjoy it when they have build their confidence they might stick with it or try for something more complex. This way, you have a game that's approachable for new and inexperienced and less-confident players whilst also accommodating the players who are more experienced or just want something a little more complex that they may have to think about.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mute Shellback
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Siimodo View Post
    PLD and GNB both have a single dot in their rotation. The core the PLD build is a combo of direct damage and magic damage. The core of the GNB is fast paced direct damage. The core of WAR is intervals of burst damage with no pure sustain support in the downtime window. DRK mimics that setup, and its single DOT does not offer overall sustain support. SMN is primarily a DOT DPS class with Direct damage support skills and burst windows built around summoning monster. My suggestion would be a structure along those lines but for tanking. The build would be based around maintaining DOT stacks. Reapplying the DOT refreshes that entire stack. Having a summons that can produce the dots as well and then have its own burst window of consuming the DOTS or giving the player the right to choose when to explode the DOTS would make the shadow more interactive.
    inaccurate.
    PLD: Goring Blade and Circle of Scorn
    GNB: Bow Shock and Sonic Break
    DRK: Salted Earth and Living Shadow if you wanna get uber technical.
    WAR: nada.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ezekyle Abaddon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    can't make everyone happy.
    (1)
    "Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an excerpt from a Night Lords Novel, "Void Stalkers" Chapter X: Revenge.

Player
    Character
    Revon Ackerman
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AC9Breaker View Post
    True. In this case only a few are happy because Warrior players continue to play WAR and DRK players are left with a job unlike anything resembling what it used to be. Stripped of its identity, toolkit and playstyle. What a waste of resources and potential. Trying to please people that couldn't deal with HW DRK because they can't git gud at the game. Again, the job is lazy. The coolest and edgiest tank happens to be the most boring in this expansion.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Yesunova Hotgo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AC9Breaker View Post
    I feel like this argument should have been made before they changed how the job works, design a job and persist with its design philosophy as it evolves unless it's completely broken. Once you break consistent like that you end up with a situation like this where people like DRK as is are up against the people who like DRK as was.

And that said, you can please more people by having two jobs that play differently instead of two jobs that are very similar in how they play.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Saefinn View Post
    I feel like this argument should have been made before they changed how the job works, design a job and persist with its design philosophy as it evolves unless it's completely broken. Once you break consistent like that you end up with a situation like this where people like DRK as is are up against the people who like DRK as was.

And that said, you can please more people by having two jobs that play differently instead of two jobs that are very similar in how they play.
    This argument was made.
    Problem was they tried to make the majority happy and misstepped : (
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ziero Rehw-bidit
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    To be fair, y'all were asking for it. You all had it coming when countless tear-stained threads were made in the name of denouncing SB DRK despite hindsight revealing it's genius and uniqueness.

"Wah, it's too fast,"
    "Wah, it has no burst,"
    "Waaaah somebody call the waaambulance because it's too hard"

You all kept wishing it was WAR, and you get what you deserve.
    (3)

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast