Player
    Character
    Lyric Anniston
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 53

Issue with keybinds and mouse buttons

I'm not sure if this goes here, but I'm not sure where else.

I have a red dragon mouse with the buttons on the side, which I have bound to C+1-6 but when I use the buttons on the mouse, it's trying to use both 1 and C+1. I checked my mouse settings, and it's all as it should be (I also play another game with the same set up, and no issues there) and I checked the bindings in FFXIV, I'm not sure how to fix this =(
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    You have a TOS Violation of an outside tool to improve the performance of your game...
    .. but your brave enough to ask here on the forum.

Sounds like the mouse is firing two buttons in order, and not the modified meta keybind of C1. Some games handle this, some handle it the other way. You have two games that handle it in two different ways. Bind the side button to something like F96 (a key that exists but isn't on a keyboard) and put a secondary binding in game to the skill on toolbar 10 to F96, and then hide toolbar 10
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ICountFrom0 View Post
    You have a TOS Violation of an outside tool to improve the performance of your game...
    Your interpretation of the rules is absurd. It's normal for a gaming mouse to have its own software for button mapping.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Zedlizvez Mikasch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Given the hundreds of pages of TOS everybody is guilty of something.
    I have no no problem with people who pick to break it in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Your interpretation of the rules is absurd. It's normal for a gaming mouse to have its own software for button mapping.

I notice that you didn't post any suggestions or work arounds, I at least included a suggestion that should work with my rather horrible sense of humor and fatalistic world view.
    (0)