Player
    Character
    Riverside Orias
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

FATEs, Leves & Sidequests

So I did play 6+ years ago, then through no fault of mine had SE essentially lock on my old character while refusing to let me access it... so what I am seeing starting from scratch is kinda different from what I vaguely remember way back then. Back then I grinded all 3 in the subject, plus the beasttribe dailies. I never did duty roulette. NOW I seem to not need to do ANY of the 3 while leveling at a far faster clip than previously. Even mostly sticking to the MSQ/roulette, it seems my character is close 20 levels higher than any of the MSQ quests.

Am I missing out on anything by pretty much ignoring sidequests, FATEs and Leves? Not sure ATM if the beasttribe dailies get me anything of great value.
    (0)
    Year plus playing, still a newb/sprout

Player
    Character
    Ritzia Flameshadow
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    For the most part, no. What I will suggest is doing any sidequest that’s a blue ! Marker with a + sign as those typically unlock things. Fates are largely unnecessary unless you need gc seals until you rank up enough to turn in equipment. Levequests, while enjoyable, are better spent for your crafters. To note if you’d like you can do these while waiting in queue. Beast tribe quests, at least the ARR ones don’t scale to give more exp as you level up. Anything in HW on scales to your level and are an actual decent source of exp for minimal work.
    (0)