Player
    Character
    Rhaq'a Molkat
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61

Races and sprint animations

Not sure if this is the right place for this. I decided to use the free Fantasia post ARR to change my race from Miqo'te to Elezen. Kicking myself now because their sprint animation is so stiff and rigid, especially coming from the Miqo'te. I wanted to change because I thought I was over the tail, but I don't think I can get over how stiff these guys are. I feel like I will spend the money to get away from this.
    Is there a way to preview different animations for the races and not just poses? I've gone on YouTube but I see a lot of older animations.
    Thanks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Run a dungeon, watch the animations of the people who are running that dungeon with you. Or just go out into the world and pay attention to how people are moving. You don't need youtube for this, you can literally just look around when your in game.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sono Faolain
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Or make a char on different server to look at all the emotes as well, then delete it after.
    (4)
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Player
    Character
    Rhaq'a Molkat
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 61
    Thanks. Not in game and I don't want to take focus away from the dungeon, but that's fair.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Garett Jax
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Yes they really need to update and improve the runniing animation of elezen. It is the only thing that bothers me too haha. I do not mind the long necks now but the running animation is not nice. Otherwise elezen as a whole is nice. Their combat animations. emotes are all top notch for me. But like the original races they also needs some update on skin textures etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'erise Vanesse
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    the highlander fem running animation is wayyy worse - they look like their legs are wayy too close to each other, knees knocking around, everything is disjointed as all heck.
    (0)
    Off-Topic Discussion Megathread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/434886-Off-Topic-Discussion-Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpeaks View Post
    No thanks. Housing is fine as it is

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkieTea View Post
    the highlander fem running animation is wayyy worse - they look like their legs are wayy too close to each other, knees knocking around, everything is disjointed as all heck.
    Better than the midlander female and that awful anime girl run.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    C'erise Vanesse
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    Better than the midlander female and that awful anime girl run.
    i honestly prefer that, just because it at least doesn't look like youre learning to run for the very first time lol.
    (0)
    Off-Topic Discussion Megathread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/434886-Off-Topic-Discussion-Megathread
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormpeaks View Post
    No thanks. Housing is fine as it is