Player
    Character
    Fuchsia Blu
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Packet loss & Disconnects

Hello, I live in the Midwest and play on a PS4 on Crystal DC. For the past month, I have been experiencing frequent, sudden disconnects. The error codes I receive are 90001, 90002, 90006. I experience these disconnects on both wired and wifi connections, and while using either of the two routers i own. I've tried opening ports and resetting my router to no effect.

I eventually ran a traceroute, and discovered severe packet loss along my path to (what i think is) the Crystal DC server IP: 204.2.229.9. The server at this address,
    ae-1.r24.snjsca04.us.bin.ntt.net, hovers around 10% packet loss, and intermittently spikes up to 70%.

The server at that address seems to be owned and operated by NTT. I contacted my ISP and they said they don't have any contract or business relationship with NTT, so there's nothing they can do on their end.

Any advice on my next step to troubleshoot this? Is NTT a company that SE uses to route traffic?
    (1)
    Last edited by Sagittarius-A-Star; 03-12-2021 at 12:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    NTT is the provider Square Enix uses. If there are problems routing through NTT's servers, you may want to look into using a VPN to bypass those nodes to find a better connection to the servers.

Your individual ISP generally has no recourse to fix issues that aren't part of their own network. ISP to ISP issues aren't something usually an individual like yourself can get anything done. One company will usually blame the other for their poor performance/service and then nothing gets done because neither wants to take on the responsibility of fixing anything.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fuchsia Blu
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Thanks for the tip. VPN free trial seems to be working so far.
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

This thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)