Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    If you'd have done Delubrum Reginae instead of PotD, then you'd each have about 5 by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickii View Post
    Yeah but let’s be honest, you’ve chosen the easiest option. And now you’re complaining about that.

It’s fine as it is.
    Did you... not read all of what my post said? Though honestly, I should've placed money on my bet that someone would come here and say it's fine. It's not fine. You're fixating on the wrong part, so let me elaborate.

Many different aspects of the game require RNG drops for quests. Relics, events (see: Yokai), etc. and give drops differently than others that have a 100% drop rate. Because they're not 100%, people who do the same content, even together, simultaneously, do not get the rewards at an equal rate. This is not about the relic quest itself, it was just an example I used because the entire time we've been doing it, at literally every single step where there wasn't always a 100% drop option, we got extremely uneven drops and one would be long finished before the other. There's many different quests of this variety in this quest line, so I couldn't help but notice it because it's right in front of my face. It's not about the relic, Palace of the Dead, Delubrum, whatever. It's about how people in parties should get drops equally. Do you understand?

I'm not complaining because "boo hoo the relic is too grindy, wah", it's that my partner and I can do the literal exact same thing and he gets 8x as many drops as I do. It doesn't make sense, no matter what it is.

But anyway, thanks for your constructive input. I'll definitely take it into consideration.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Let's just boil this down to what it really is. Sour grapes for you not getting as much as quickly. As with a lot of things in this game as in life, not everything is fair and just best to suck it up and move on, lest you become bitter about the whole thing and quit altogether. Once you get over yourself, then you'll find things become a lot easier to handle. So what if you didn't get as much as your friend even though you were in the same party? There will come a point when the situation is reversed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    Let's just boil this down to what it really is. Sour grapes for you not getting as much as quickly. As with a lot of things in this game as in life, not everything is fair and just best to suck it up and move on, lest you become bitter about the whole thing and quit altogether. Once you get over yourself, then you'll find things become a lot easier to handle. So what if you didn't get as much as your friend even though you were in the same party? There will come a point when the situation is reversed.
    Thanks for your help, appreciate it. Where would I be without your sagely advice. I'm giving you attention now, since you're so clearly mad that I ignored you before, happy?

Also, I said he's my partner. Not my friend.
    (5)
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    Yeah the reversed situation... Do you know what is even more frustrating than getting less drops than the person you are doing the quest with? Getting more as them. Then you have to continue grinding, getting more and more of these quest items while your quest partner still got nothing. So much fun...

However - in Bozja cluster farm groups we can see how a system will get (ab)used when everyone in the party gets the drop: The party splits up to get credit in as much areas as possible. This will not be a problem in instanced content like PotD, but would become the meta for Fate grinds.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Winter Nightbloom
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    it was just an example I used because the entire time we've been doing it, at literally every single step where there wasn't always a 100% drop option, we got extremely uneven drops and one would be long finished before the other.
    But wasn't there always a guaranteed option for getting the items you need for each relic step?

Thavnairian Scalepowder: Poetics
    Memories of the Dying: Heavensward Fates
    Bitter Memories: Level 60 Dungeons
    Loathsome Memories: CLL or ARR Alliance Raids
    Haunting Memories: HW Alliance Raids
    Vexatious Memories: SB Alliance Raids
    Timeworn Artifacts: Delubrum Reginae

Were these not always the case? Admitedly, my memory is very poor, so maybe I forgot about some change they made?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    Yeah the reversed situation... Do you know what is even more frustrating than getting less drops than the person you are doing the quest with? Getting more as them. Then you have to continue grinding, getting more and more of these quest items while your quest partner still got nothing. So much fun...
    Exactly this. He feels bad because he's getting so many, and he'll still have to do it even more because he has to drag my awful luck ass through it until I'm done. I would also feel bad if I got way more than him. Surprisingly, most people have empathy and still may not like a system even if they're benefiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Haventale View Post
    But wasn't there always a guaranteed option for getting the items you need for each relic step?
    If one option is inherently "better" than the other, why give an option at all? I also explained that although doing Delubrum guarantees a drop, it can take an hour, requires outside preparation (lost actions), and requires 24 players to do. Some duties are harder to get in to at later hours of the day. I also said that I did ~50 alliance raids for the previous step, and I'm tired of it. I enjoy doing Palace of the Dead. But again, the relic options are not what I'm talking about. I'll say it on its own line so it can't be missed.

I'm referring to how things that do not have a guaranteed drop rate do not drop consistently between party members. Whether it's FATEs, Skirmishes/Critical Engagements, PotD, etc. and no matter what it's for (not just relics), one person can get it on every completion and one can get 1 for every 20 completions. It discourages group play because the rewards aren't even. If it drops for anyone, it should drop for everyone in the party that can receive it.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Just have the person with more toss theirs and pretend it works the way you want. Dev time is money and this game is severely underbudgeted.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Just have the person with more toss theirs and pretend it works the way you want. Dev time is money and this game is severely underbudgeted.
    I doubt that mindset gets you anywhere, huh. Just ignore things and give up on all expectations? No thanks.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I doubt that mindset gets you anywhere, huh. Just ignore things and give up on all expectations? No thanks.
    A major life lesson everyone needs to learn:

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Is what you're getting worth what you're putting into whatever your doing. When it comes to certain debates, you're not going to change people's minds who have already made them up so constantly bickering back and forth is pointless.
    (2)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceptus View Post
    When it comes to certain debates, you're not going to change people's minds who have already made them up so constantly bickering back and forth is pointless.
    I don't think it counts as bickering when one person says something and then someone else replies. I think it's just responding. If they come back and just regurgitate it again expecting me to change my stance, then yeah, it's probably bickering by that point. I think it takes more than "shut up and get over it" to be considered a debate, as well. Based on their previous posts they seem keen on complaining about SE at every turn, so I think it's more their personal problems leaking into this thread more than anything. I'm sure they won't be back.
    (3)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast