Player
    Character
    Lazuli Lota
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Stuck in Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty

I've tried this repeatedly, and still fail every single time.
    I'm starting to think this is the end of the line for me since its a MSQ.
    I am constantly attacking, while moving to avoid stupid damage.
    I follow the on screen advise, such as using the Horrid Roar.
    I've read everything I can find from other people on the subject.
    Apparently at the point where I'm dying from the room wide explosions, I'm supposed to use Limit Break.
    However my limit break bar never gets past half full by the time the explosion happens, and I'm never able to use it.
    Like I said, I'm constantly attacking, so I don't understand how else am I supposed to get the limit break meter to fill up so I can use it?
    Is there something I'm missing?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So it sounds like youre describing the Estinien RP fight, and more specifically the boss at the end of it where the powers you have at your disposal are changed. So this is how i remember it. You have 5 moves. The first, is a heavy hit that also heals you for a good amount. This is your spam move. The second is a DoT you can put on the boss to speed up the fight a tiny bit. The third is an AoE hit. The fourth is an oGCD attack - specifically a jump(and i dont remember if it works as a gap closer). And last is the limit. So start the fight spamming the first move and dodging the AoEs you can. Weaving in the 2nd move to keep the DoT up and the 4th move for added damage where you can will take a few seconds off the fight. At specific intervals in the fight a pair of garlean soldiers will run up on the platform behind the arena and load new combat data into the prototype giving it new moves. After they do this, they become targettable and start attacking you directly. Once the names appear over their heads, use your 3rd move(once will kill them both, its range and damage are sufficient). Two small flying ships join the fight at one point, both can be dropped with a few direct hits. When the boss summons a ring of arch ultima bits(this is paired with a star-burst aoe pattern of alternating safe and danger zones), one move 3 will kill them all without you having to run around the room. A little later he summons a couple more while filling the room with explosions, find the safe spot that isnt being targetted and another move 3 will end the bits. Soon after the techs set him to invulnerable, and you finish the fight with a limit(specifically his limit - i think if you use your own LB move you may have on a hotbar that nothing will happen). If youve done everything right(followed the script, dodged most of the attacks, and kept up spamming your damage+heal combo move) you will be at or near full health when he goes invulnerable and have plenty of time to trigger the limit before his damage output(or any enrage move) is a threat to you. The gauge doesnt seem linked to the damage you do, the attacks you dodge, or the enemies you kill(although all of these make surviving the fight easier). At specific moments in the fight it goes up by large amounts all at once, the last of which doesnt come until his invulnerability is on. All told, the fight takes a bit more then 3 minutes to complete(not counting cutscenes or the first part where youre running with shadowhunter and have a different moveset), and i have every confidence you will succeed.
    (9)
    Last edited by Frizze; 03-03-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lazuli Lota
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I had to stop playing for a while, I was doing 5 hours of attempts that were going no where, and just couldn't do it anymore. It got to the point where, after each attempt, I couldn't even lift up my left arm, because of spamming the keybinds constantly. I though of just starting a new character, but I realized that I would just get stonewalled at this same fight again.
    During the fight a limit break bar appears onscreen, for me it's on the top, just to the left of center, but the limit break option is never available to me. This is the bar that never fills up before the room wide explosions wipe me.
    (2)
    Last edited by Lazuliann; 03-10-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The explosion comes from the bits that you need to use your roar skill to oneshot. The Limit Break can't be used until a few seconds after the boss goes invulnerable later in the fight.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lazuli Lota
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I get past the bits part, using that Horrid Roar ability, the explosions that kill me come much later. This is why my arm feels like its gonna fall off, by the time I get to the part where I'm supposed to use the limit break I've been mashing keys for what feels like 15 minutes or so. Maybe that's not much for some people, but 15-20 minutes of constant solid key mashing is a lot for me. The on screen limit break bar never fills up for me, I never get the option to use it. Unless there is a second round of invisible bits that are invulnerable to the Horrid Roar when I use it at that point, I believe I'm getting to the part where I'm supposed to have the limit break, but I never get it.

UPDATE: I finally got it! I don't know if it was the several days off, or if it was the reset that fixed whatever was not right, but today I finally had the limit break button on my bar with the rest of his attacks, and this time the limit break bar at the top of the screen actually filled, so I was able to use it when the time came.
    Thank you to all who posted with tips to try and help me.
    (4)
    Last edited by Lazuliann; 03-10-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dawn Dancer
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I'm still stuck on this quest and have been for two days now. Why on earth don't they give you a option to skip it. It's spoiling my game and my story.
    If you were to ask me my one major dislike I have with the game it would be having to RP your comrades. It shatters the story to tiny little fragments.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kimi Cryo
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

Thank you!

Thanks to you and this post I just dominated this fight after failing miserably on my first try. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Frizze View Post
    So it sounds like youre describing the Estinien RP fight, and more specifically the boss at the end of it where the powers you have at your disposal are changed. So this is how i remember it. You have 5 moves. The first, is a heavy hit that also heals you for a good amount. This is your spam move. The second is a DoT you can put on the boss to speed up the fight a tiny bit. The third is an AoE hit. The fourth is an oGCD attack - specifically a jump(and i dont remember if it works as a gap closer). And last is the limit. So start the fight spamming the first move and dodging the AoEs you can. Weaving in the 2nd move to keep the DoT up and the 4th move for added damage where you can will take a few seconds off the fight. At specific intervals in the fight a pair of garlean soldiers will run up on the platform behind the arena and load new combat data into the prototype giving it new moves. After they do this, they become targettable and start attacking you directly. Once the names appear over their heads, use your 3rd move(once will kill them both, its range and damage are sufficient). Two small flying ships join the fight at one point, both can be dropped with a few direct hits. When the boss summons a ring of arch ultima bits(this is paired with a star-burst aoe pattern of alternating safe and danger zones), one move 3 will kill them all without you having to run around the room. A little later he summons a couple more while filling the room with explosions, find the safe spot that isnt being targetted and another move 3 will end the bits. Soon after the techs set him to invulnerable, and you finish the fight with a limit(specifically his limit - i think if you use your own LB move you may have on a hotbar that nothing will happen). If youve done everything right(followed the script, dodged most of the attacks, and kept up spamming your damage+heal combo move) you will be at or near full health when he goes invulnerable and have plenty of time to trigger the limit before his damage output(or any enrage move) is a threat to you. The gauge doesnt seem linked to the damage you do, the attacks you dodge, or the enemies you kill(although all of these make surviving the fight easier). At specific moments in the fight it goes up by large amounts all at once, the last of which doesnt come until his invulnerability is on. All told, the fight takes a bit more then 3 minutes to complete(not counting cutscenes or the first part where youre running with shadowhunter and have a different moveset), and i have every confidence you will succeed.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Im glad my post was able to help. A good general rule when you get tossed into an RP battle controlling an NPC(even if you play the class theyre mimicking) is to spend the first min(or however long you need) of the time limit before starting the fight examining their moveset so you know your options. Theres always a primary damage move(or 1-button combo), theres usually a heal, but each one has its own quirks(some of which can even hint at aspects of the battle to come - do you have a version of esuna? then you will probly have a debuff that needs to be cleared with it at some point). Then once the fight has started(and i know this isnt easy for everyone), try to pay attention to any text boxes that appear on screen. The text will point out the general type of script they want you to follow. Whether its moving to a new location, using a specific attack, or whatever - following the script prompts usually leads to the quickest way to win the fight.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Elly Sherian
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 87
    Really struggling with this as estinen hp is 353.61 is it supposed to be higher than that as I can't get passed it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Snizzle_990 View Post
    Really struggling with this as estinen hp is 353.61 is it supposed to be higher than that as I can't get passed it
    If you've been watching guides from when the quest was first released, Estinien's HP is now lower because of the stat squish that came with Endwalker.

Just make sure you use Ala Morn when you can (unless you need to get rid of adds fast) because that move also heals him.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast