Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Thy'mara Thurston
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80

Market feels broken. I'm curious why -- and does this diminish crafting?

Why do I keep seeing things priced so low they don't even make sense anymore? They don't make sense from the time OR materials standpoint. Sometimes they don't even make sense if you ONLY totted up the cost of crystals consumed to craft them.

As a crafter this feels like a pretty bad thing--thought I'm also,as a crafter,the one supplying the demimateria in this example. But does the economy feel like it's finally right-sizing for most other players, and this is just me hating change/misreading things?

Is it because we now have an oversupply of crafters?
    Do we have a huge increase in players sending retainers on retainer ventures?
    Are retainer ventures badly unbalanced? Are quick ventures too quick?
    Are players purposefully undercutting/crashing the market?
    Are we having an increase in market botting?

And in the end, is it undermining crafting as a cooperative/social thing?
    I.e. if everyone is a crafter, but there's no reason to sell crafted things or make things for friends, is there any reason to be a crafter besides making for yourself?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Too much stuff is given for free... retainer balance is a mess, so yeah... no one gonna buy that 500 Fountains, sadly...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Is it because we now have an oversupply of crafters? - Yes

Do we have a huge increase in players sending retainers on retainer ventures? - Probably

Are retainer ventures badly unbalanced? Are quick ventures too quick? - loot pools have changed, as as the game goes on, more adjustments have been made.

Are players purposefully undercutting/crashing the market? - I'd say yes.

Are we having an increase in market botting? - it's entirely possible yes.

And in the end, is it undermining crafting as a cooperative/social thing? - ever since the changes were made to crafting to make it easier for everyone, now since everyone can basically do it...

I.e. if everyone is a crafter, but there's no reason to sell crafted things or make things for friends, is there any reason to be a crafter besides making for yourself? - unless you have some kind of niche item like the treasure map stuff, since everyone can make stuff easily, the mb is basically there for lazy people to make money off of. but don't count on making a fortune by playing it.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    You're assuming it cost the other 18 sellers 1 Expanse Baleen, 5 Aurum Regis Nuggets, 5 Adamantite Nuggets, 15 Cut Stone, 5 Abalanthian Spring Water, 5 Fieldcraft Demimateria III, 2 Wind Clusters and 1 Fire Cluster to make those fountains.

It didn't. It cost them 2 ventures. None of those other fountains for sale have a Maker's Signature on them.

It can save frustration if you check the MB before deciding what to craft for profit. See what the current listing prices are then check the sales history to see what the item has actually sold for and how quickly.

Outdoor furnishings are generally a bad choice because it's a very limited number of players looking to buy a very limited number of items. The best time to sell outdoor furnishings is the first two weeks after new wards have been added. There are hundreds of new house owners who need to decorate from scratch. There's still a chance to make a profit outside of that window but it takes checking the MB carefully and some patience waiting for a buyer to come along.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Louma'li Jinjahl
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    There are indeed people that purposely crash a market so they can snap up all the people that rush to undercut or if the bots undercut they can snap them up and then sell on another World Server to make a profit. It's weird. But right now there's quite a few selling these stacks worth millions on a few of the pricier map mats, the markets dropped rather drastically and the way it's worked out it looks like it's the same person or a group of related people.

https://imgur.com/a/0TnrnXZ
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Angelhearth Besterda
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    As long as retainers bring back stuff that is craftable, yes, the market is going to be crap. I have 54 of them, and even after the change I saw before patch 5.5 (the drop rate on craftable seemed to drop by 50% for a while), the prices didn't change much. I have tried buying up some very low priced items and desynth them, but it seems like the retainer drops are linked to the number (or price) of the items on the MB, so that didn't really work for long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Ember
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
    There are indeed people that purposely crash a market so they can snap up all the people that rush to undercut or if the bots undercut they can snap them up and then sell on another World Server to make a profit. It's weird. But right now there's quite a few selling these stacks worth millions on a few of the pricier map mats, the markets dropped rather drastically and the way it's worked out it looks like it's the same person or a group of related people.

https://imgur.com/a/0TnrnXZ
    I seen that alot of my server with the Calf Skins.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotaris View Post
    I seen that alot of my server with the Calf Skins.
    Calf Leather dropped in price because it's become more available since the patch added a new rare crafting mat to the treasure map dungeons. not because of undercutters
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athelisia Lumi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    This is normal and has always happened - this isn't breaking the MB. Loot tables have changed and diff items have become less rare and new items have become rare.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Meluwen Ember
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    Calf Leather dropped in price because it's become more available since the patch added a new rare crafting mat to the treasure map dungeons. not because of undercutters
    Not when you see 20+ listings of 99 stacks though.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast