Player
    Character
    G'runcle Twospirited
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    You'd end up in a situation where a PLD looks like a WHM. This is something they explicitly don't want happening.
    than it to the job soulstone? not the char itself?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquinna View Post
    than it to the job soulstone? not the char itself?
    Better, but now you can't glamour crafting and gathering classes or anything below level 30.

Attaching the altered appearance to the item makes sense for a system like this. The implementation ain't great, but the fundamentals work fine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Okay I think I figured out how this game works.
    =======
    And how to fix it.
    =======

Based on watching EVERY - DEV - TEAM - LIVE - LETTER - EVER, I've come to understand the problem is loading data from zone to zone.

You cannot load every single piece of gear for every single player or the game will explode and crash. Do you know how long it took to get your inventory where it is?

---- HOWEVER (Mods take notice for the devs to hear) ----
    --- MODS TELL THE DEVS ---
    PLEASE

There's ONE ROOM in the entire game that was built to not sustain any action data. That's the Inn. Now you might be asking, "well so what that's where the glamour dresser is" but note that the Inn was not specifically built for glamour. And another "false room" was built for the aesthetician, allowing players to character create. Which means the character leaves the data zones to customize.

Okay so we established what exists in the game and the limitations? Let's solve this puzzle.

The Glamour Dresser was made with the right idea but not the right zone. We can't forget the unfortunate spaghetti code that YoshiP was stuck with (I say this with love because they work hard on ridiculous limitations, and all the complaining in the world won't solve the spaghetti code).

But if all the data of every gear item is pulled into a data screen, and models itself off of the aesthetician system, and incorporates the data of the Calamity Salvager, it can indeed accomplish building glamour plates by accessing every available glamour in the game with Y/N data grabs, just like our Achievement Unlock system in Gridania.

The only packets that would transfer from a non-data zone to a data zone would be the completed plates.

Now you might be thinking, "you're insane! There's like 3,000,000 glamour items!" but OHOHOHO, consider the achievement-based system is not just remembering a Y/N value for achievements, but keeps records of all your achievements with numeric values and how many monsters you have slain. That data already exists and is substantially higher. Instead of #s, you translate them to a binary. Off or on. Have glamour or not. That's how the Calamity Salvager works, the option only exists when ON. And that functions within high-traffic data zones. And the Aesthetician also uses Off or On for the hair styles you buy.

There is one downside to accessing this data at the Inn, and pulling into an aesthecian-like zone. The amount of data required would very unlikely not save your dyed colors. But that's okay, if they leave the current glamour dresser. By accessing a "back room" you could store the data of every glamour item of the game into a binary value, and for dyes into the glamour dresser of your top favorites and maintain that data as dyed. Effectively freeing up a substantial amount of data in the existing glamour dressers because a lot of that shhh is just stuff we value but rarely wear. We just want to keep it for a rainy day. Or never lose it. Because it's pretty.

(continuing)
    (2)
    Last edited by Veritas-Ancora; 03-26-2021 at 08:01 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mother Vain
    Founding Leader for <TAINT> on Gilgamesh, the world's largest LGBTQIA+ gaming community

Giving OVER 3,000+ human beings around the world somewhere to call home since ARR beta.
    https://tiny.cc/taintinvite/

Player
    Character
    Mother Vain
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    (Continued)

The Armoire works exactly the same way as the Calamity Salvager, off and on. 1 or 0. You have it, or you don't. This is just another data point that can easily be consolidated. By accomplishing this, the Armoire would no longer even be needed with a menu-based "back room". The data is a 1 or 0.

Exchanging this data from a back room is the perfect way for all of us to free up an insane amount of space. And every single gear that we collect through the game can be saved to a template only accessible in that back room.

Imagine how much inventory space you would save by simply collecting and deleting a piece of gear from a dungeon and not having to lug it around through the dungeons or while gathering. Data saves as a 1 or 0. Off or on. Imagine how many free spots you would have in your armory at all times if the gear that's outdated could just be deleted and pulled again when you're leveling your next job sharing that gear.

I know you'll get a ton of people mad that it's not WoW or any other game, but gais, plz, this dev team works super super hard for the extreme limitations they're dealt with. Do you know how long it took to make melty face happen in MSQ? (If you don't know what that means keep playing). It took a LOT of work, and couldn't just be pulled out of the aether. There's hardware limitations, my friends. Redoing an entire game is not easy.

Actions to Access Every Obtained Gear in Game:
    - Go to Inn
    - Go to Glamour Dresser
    - Select "Go To Back Room"
    - Select all items you want on a plate.
    - Save plate, only data of that plate actually transfers with you. Everything else stays as a 1 or 0 in that back room.

This - is - possible.

Let's recap:
    - Get every equippable item of the entire game on every person's game
    - Not break the game
    - Establish a non-data zone to access an aesthetician-like menu system
    - 1s and 0s for all gear, just like the Calamity Salvager
    - Not break the game
    - Port the completed pulled items into the Glamour Dresser
    - Maintain Glamour Dresser's ability to retain dyed gear
    - Free up a massive amount of inventory space
    - Free up a massive amount of armory space
    - Free up a massive amount of Glamour Dresser space
    - All while not breaking the game.
    (2)
    Last edited by Veritas-Ancora; 03-26-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mother Vain
    Founding Leader for <TAINT> on Gilgamesh, the world's largest LGBTQIA+ gaming community

Giving OVER 3,000+ human beings around the world somewhere to call home since ARR beta.
    https://tiny.cc/taintinvite/

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Veritas-Ancora

You're doing gods work
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    That's good stuff. I don't know that I like the idea of making this gear equippable as limited inventory and gear farming are still relevant and important parts of the game. But using it strictly for glamour would work fine and this sounds like a viable solution on paper.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyota Ayoon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas-Ancora View Post
    (Continued)

It took a LOT of work, and couldn't just be pulled out of the aether. There's hardware limitations, my friends. Redoing an entire game is not easy.
    I'm sorry but enough with the excuses already !! This no can do mentality of SE needs to change in yes we can. Each post i read is always to pity the poor devs whi created their own hell.

I'm a new player and a customer with a service they are not providing. I'm also reading this post and tons of others that is already more then a year old and yet no change on the horizon. Even if i quitted playing WoW a long time ago i read that even crappy Blizzard managed to implement a working system. So if they can do it i don't see why SE can't. The whole technical jibber jabber is absolutely not my problem.

As the game is NOT alt friendly i was promised i could lvl all jobs and professions on one character except for the fact that i quickly discovered that the glam system is not up to par with this way of functioning. I have yet to reach endgame and already have 345 slots filled in my dresser and everything i possibly can fit in my armoire. I have alot of bought sets from the store and only about half can go into my armoire while i think being it store sets they should all fit there. I only recently heard about the calamity vendor but why should i bother re-buying things i already have and run from the inn the the vendor back to the inn thats totally ridiculous. I now also have 6 retainers and they are slowly filling up with gear. Lets face it players are not there for the scenery or out of friendship for SE, who makes way then enough money to fix their crap. No like many games it's about collecting items mounts, minions, gear, achievements... So what do you do if you can't collect anymore ? Login for new expansion logout when done and wait till next one ?

Dresser should be able to at least have a minimum of 2500 items and 50 plates
    Armoire should be able to store everything you buy from the online store, all in and out of game events like bonus weapons from buying deluxe versions if the game, scrip exchange gear, tier sets
    Stupid class restrictions should be removed like it is in WoW were clothies can mog all cloth, all plate all plate etc...

Concerning dyes, prisms i wonder why they can"t create a tab in your inventory working the same way as it works with the crystals and you just have a number next to each dye + glam prisms + dispel + clear prisms. You would be able to remove certain amounts like you do with the crystels and when you buy or loot dyes they just add to it. That way you would have all these things always on hand.

So i repeat SE is not some kind of welfare organisation like amnesty international byt we are CONSUMERS if a product
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hikuro Kenshi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    could add more space for starters
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cid Heiral
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandoran View Post
    I'm a new player and a customer with a service they are not providing.
    Nothing is stopping you from accessing the glam system.

The whole technical jibber jabber is absolutely not my problem.
    "I don't know what I'm talking about but here's my opinion anyway."

I have yet to reach endgame and already have 345 slots filled in my dresser and everything i possibly can fit in my armoire.
    I've played this game for years and I haven't even filled up 400 spots, much less the 800 we're about to get. Don't hoard stuff you never use and you won't have a problem.

I now also have 6 retainers and they are slowly filling up with gear.
    Yeah you definitely have a serious hoarding problem. Clear out your inventory.

Lets face it players are not there for the scenery or out of friendship for SE, who makes way then enough money to fix their crap..... Dresser should be able to at least have a minimum of 2500 items and 50 plates
    "I know more about development and server infrastructure than the people who run the game."

So i repeat SE is not some kind of welfare organisation like amnesty international byt we are CONSUMERS if a product
    And like any consumer if you do not find the product to your satisfaction you have the option to cease paying for it and spend your money elsewhere.

What a ridiculous post.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyota Ayoon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Yeah whatever lol
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2