Player
    Character
    Eclair Xysha
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90

[Suggestion] Free Company Loss-Prevention

I've had many friends who's Free Company has been wrongfully hi-jacked and robbed.
    Be it from actual phishing hack, or a hack from an ex-partner because a relationship has gone wrong, whatever the case is....
    Today, it happened to me and the FC I am in. Our large house is gone, gil is gone, everything, everyone kicked out, all because of a very wicked vindictive person.

My suggestion is that there needs to be a way to strengthen security to prevent theft from happening.
    There needs to be some checks and balances somehow within each FC's hierarchy system.

My idea is, if it takes 4 signatures to make a Free Company, it should take 4 people to agree, "Yes" in transferring FC leadership/ownership.

FFXIV Team, please discuss with your colleagues on the checks and balances in the system.

Thank you for reading this suggestion and hearing me out.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eclair_Xysha; 02-26-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    They have stated in the past that they will never do anything in regard to internal FC drama. The system that is in place works fine as is. It is up to the players to deal with their own circumstances/fallout. Sometimes the cookie crumbles.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    They have stated in the past that they will never do anything in regard to internal FC drama.
    Sure, but when one of the concerns is phishing protection I think it's a fair idea to consider.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eclair Xysha
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    They have also stated that any distress given to players to obstruct peaceful gameplay is against TOS.
    (And what happened today had nothing to do with FC members vs FC members. It was literally ex vs ex whom we never even met before and was not even a part of our FC.)

Which is why I suggest making some sort of check and balances for all Free Companies, so that future situations don't arise as often.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eclair_Xysha; 02-26-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    There is a check and balance - it's called setting your permissions properly so only you (the FC leader) has access to 'admin' things like ownership of the house, access to removing gil and items from the chest, and running the FC and so cannot be taken advantage of by someone blowing in and making off with everything simply because you were too trusting.

In the FC I run with my boyfriend, (he's the FC leader), we have this very policy where my bf pretty much has sole access to the chest and admin settings only, not even I have access, and it's worked fine for us. It was not that he doesn't trust me, he's just 'disaster proofing' the FC and thus we haven't had a single case of theft or phishing accordingly.

Of course it doesn't stop you losing everything if your account is compromised, but it does greatly reduce the risk to virtually nil.
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 02-26-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Player
    Character
    Eclair Xysha
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    There is a check and balance - it's called setting your permissions properly so only you (the FC leader) has access to 'admin' things like ownership of the house, access to removing gil and items from the chest, and running the FC and so cannot be taken advantage of by someone blowing in and making off with everything simply because you were too trusting.

In the FC I run with my boyfriend, (he's the FC leader), we have this very policy where my bf pretty much has sole access to the chest and admin settings only, not even I have access, and it's worked fine for us. It was not that he doesn't trust me, he's just 'disaster proofing' the FC and thus we haven't had a single case of theft or phishing accordingly.

Of course it doesn't stop you losing everything if your account is compromised, but it does greatly reduce the risk to virtually nil.
    Yes, but as Guild Master, you are pretty much untouchable and at the highest hierarchy.
    You can't move the FC Master or its settings around. It also takes the FC Master him/herself to "pass down" the title to someone else.
    One person.
    One confirmation.

So if someone's account is compromised, its that fast to just have everything hit the fan.
    (0)