Player
    Character
    Talulla Darkfyre
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Unknown sounds

Here lately... within the past couple of weeks... I have been hearing a loud ding. The best way to describe it would be it sounds like an elevator either stopping at a floor or going up. I have listened to all the little special effects in the notification screen, it's none of them. I have listened to the faerie of my Scholars. I have basically run through every sound I can think of, not even tell's sound like this. But when it happens it's very loud and literally is louder than all my system sounds in the game. And no it's not from my computer. Because it only happens when I am playing the game. It's nothing bad but like I will be doing something and it happens out of the blue scaring me half to death when I try to look and find what is making it. But I have nothing to indicate the source. It is now starting to get very annoying and I would like to know what it is if at all possible.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

Is the sound something that occurs when different headphones are used? Does this sound occur when the audio drivers are updated?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talulla Darkfyre
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    All of my drivers are up to date. I don't have any other headphones but the same ones I have used for two years now. This sound doesn't play with anything else on my computer except this game. I have checked everything I could game and computer otherwise with no explanation.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for the reply.

If you have no done so already, could you try doing a clean boot? Perform a clean boot by opening the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yule Xiv
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    are you playing with another player that is using the <se.1> command? this plays a sound effect. have you checked your chat settings and if it plays notifications when someone whispers you? could it be your keyboard software (e.g. roccat, razer, steelseries, etc) recording keypress achievements (loud ding whenever you hit 1,000 keypresses or such).

some ideas, goodluck.
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)