Player
    Character
    Ayden Skyhawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80

PS5 Unable to Login, Please Try Again. Only deleting save data allows to work.

When submitting a bug report, please use the below template and thoroughly fill out the necessary information.

Date & Time: 2/22/2021
    Frequency: Always, since last patch
    World name: Sargatanas
    Character name: Ayden Skyhawk

Ever since the recent patch, I cannot login from the main start up page on the PlayStation 5. When I put in my credentials password, it says unable to login. Please try again. That is an infinite loop. No matter how many times I try to login. The workaround I have discovered is deleting the game system settings and characters save file under the “saved data and apps/app settings.” Once that I delete the saved data from the PlayStation five and re-launch the application, I have to go through the account login all over again as if I’m adding my account to the PlayStation for the first time. It won’t let me login from there obviously with none of my character or client settings added to the PlayStation. I can download Client settings and character settings from the character selection screen. No problems with regular Playthrough at that point. However if I ever close the game application and attempt to log back in by just putting in my password, it does it all over again. “Unable to login. Please try again.“ That point, I have to delete all of the PlayStation 5 saved data and add my stuff all over again. I have called customer support and tried several things, such as in resetting cookies in the PlayStation web browser, making sure time and date for the PlayStation is correct, and set to automatic. I have wiped all cookies from the browser. The browser is able to utilize cookies because I know that is a requirement. All settings check out. I have not made any other changes. I do have a PlayStation 4 that I was previously using. I do not have this issue on that PlayStation 4. Only the PlayStation 5. This was not happening prior to this last patch. I have also deleted the game client and reinstalled it twice and that has not helped.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayden Skyhawk
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Can I get a response to this? Still a problem. Cannot log into FFXIV without deleting game save SYSTEM file and re-registering all over again. Every single time. I’ve called Sony. I’ve called SE. Nothing. I’ve reinstalled several times, rebuilt database. Nothing works.
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

This thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)