Player
    Character
    Atlentor Elfenfeuer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81

Enemy AOE issues

I'm not sure if I'm right here but I have an issue with enemy AOE.
    When the enemy AOE marker pops up I leave that area but still a half to a complete second later I'm still being hit by the AOE. In one dungeon a player told me that he saw that I did not moved at all to leave the AOE area while on my side I'm outside of the AOE since more than a half second.

How to fix this issue because it is so annoying.

In some degree the same issue affect skills too. Sometime I can cast spells on already dead monsters.

Character: Atlentor Elfenfeuer
    Server: Shiva
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Looks like a latency issue.
    Do you play via Wi-Fi or is the console/pc directly connected?
    Anything that's downloading in the background from you or anyone else who uses you internet?
    Do you overall have problems with with internet? Slow loading videos, long website loading times, disconnects, etc.?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atlentor Elfenfeuer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81
    The PC is directly connected to the router which is directly connected to the modem. There are other devices connected to the router over w-lan. I have a 250 mbit/sec internet connection and never had any disconnects in FF 14. I would like to have the possibility to make the latency/lag visible. I'm not sure if it is network lag or if it is graphical lag. I have only a GTX 1050 Ti.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Are you in the region that your data center is in? Being too far away (like on an EU server in NA for example) can cause enough latency for that.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Seeing this name and server I would say you live in Germany.
    Many Germans have sometimes problems with the routing to the game server.
    You sometimes see a lot German players having a DC symbol above their hats at the same time.

I'm not a expert in that matter but restarting the router before start playing does often help to be not one of these DCs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atlentor Elfenfeuer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81
    I live in Switzerland and the nearest data center is in Germany. Restarting the router does not help. And I never had any disconnects. I need a way to see the latency/lag.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Moltres Rider
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I am having the SAME problem! In fact, it JUST happened with my "Vishap's Husband" alt character with the first boss of Wanderer's Palace. I got out of AoE with three to four seconds to spare. I was CLEARLY out of AoE before it disappeared. The AoE disappeared like three seconds AFTER I was out of it. Still got hit and got debuffs. Like the OP stated, the party said that I never moved.

I had this issue a number of times since I started playing back in August. Sometimes I was never in AoE at all, it'll be 10 feet away from me when it spawned and I was not in it nor did I walk into it and I still got hit.

The look away mechanic is also broken. When the eye shows, I was clearly looking away but I still get turned to stone, charmed, stunned, doomed, etc. I also have heard reports from other players of the same problem. When I typed in the chat during Dun Scaith that I was looking away yet I was still turned to stone, another player said that he was looking away too and he was turned to stone. I have heard people in the chat complain about this a few times during various duties.

I am in the USA and on Primal data center which is the closest to me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atlentor Elfenfeuer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 81
    The issue is getting worse. Sometimes there is no AOE marker at all. We wiped yesterday several times in a dungeon due this. Casters and melee did not moved out of the AOEs because there was no marker at all.
    (0)

Thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

This thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)