Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedxKayn View Post
    A party member taking free damage seldom needs to be healed raight away in a way that causes clipping. 99% of the time you have time for at least a GCD or two and create a weave window with lilies or ruin for example. If it is urgent enough to warrant clipping, it'd warrant cast interruption too, AST included.
    Oh snap this is your 69th post.
    Nice~
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    A party member taking free damage seldom needs to be healed raight away in a way that causes clipping. 99% of the time you have time for at least a GCD or two and create a weave window with lilies or ruin for example. If it is urgent enough to warrant clipping, it'd warrant cast interruption too, AST included.
    There's a massive difference between a weave after 1.5 sec and maybe not having a window for 8-10 seconds. Clutch heals happen all the time in prog. You're also stating what I just mentioned in that you have to take a Ruin tax or burn a heal lily (they aren't unlimited) just to create that weave window.

There's also the fact that sometimes WHM just can't drop a Benison, Plenary, Asylum or Temp at a reasonable spot for some mechanics without a clip, so even at high end gameplay you see WHM's with plenty of casts on these missing. Also clipping is often unavoidable even at the highest level. AST however has almost full access to its oGCD kit at all times.

AST has the lowest aDPS and giving the other healers more weaving space will crush it.
    AST beats or is on par with WHM/SCH's with 100% uptime. Surely you understand how cards and raid buffs work?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Avarnia Corthal
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Weaving potential should have no relation to job output as numbers can be adjusted whenever the devs deem it neccessary. Unfortunately, the devs either don't understand or deliberately cripple whm for weaving windows. Ast has 1-1 weaving space.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Esther Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by QooEr View Post
    even when not reacting to anything white mage clips just trying to do its rotation because assize doesn't line up with dia. also if you use dia's weave for assize as you should, you can only use 1 out of the 8 other ogcds whm has (3 of which should be used on cooldown). white mage desperately needs at least 1 or 2 more dps-neutral weave spots per minute.

even something as basic as making dia last 15 seconds (with adjusted potency) would be a significant improvement over white mages current state
    The massive loss of useful, dps-neutral weaving spaces after they streamlined dots was my biggest gripe with WHM.
    Shortening the duration with adjusted potencies on WHM would do wonders for the gameplay and wouldn't dip into another healer's class fantasy. WHM having the heavy-hitting short-time dot would fit well and solve the problem of lack of weaving windows.
    For SCH I'd love a 2nd dot that is equal to Broil in terms of potency with shorter duration. That way it's not something you need to keep up for dps but rather something you use for weaving/ movement; clipping 1-2 ticks would still be a dps gain over Ruin II, but it's a dps loss over Ruin II before a certain point. Having to weigh your options imo fits SCH really well too.

False, SMN clips as well and so does BLM at least in the opener.

WHM's gameplay is very fine, only SCH is kinda poor because of pet jank and aetherflow, neither of them have anything to do with 1.5 casts.

AST has the lowest aDPS and giving the other healers more weaving space will crush it.
    There is absolutely no reason to have constant clips on WHM just to play properly. I'm all for having to optimise but even the most experienced and optimised WHMs deal with clips after avoiding every oGCD aside from Assize as much as possible possible. Now imagine that on a WHM that actually uses the toolkit. It's incredibly bad design to discourage the WHM from using as much of their toolkit as possible to avoid even more clips than they already have. And to top it off you need to apply PI before using Rapture if you want/ need extra healing... before those precious few instants you already have.
    "Glare as much as possible, ignore your toolkit as much as possible, use lilies when you need to move/ weave not when you need to heal and hope the whole raids adjusts their mapping around your disadvantage" is okay for the good/ optimal way to play?
    The first question for a healing skill should be "Do we need the healing now or later?" and not "Do I need to move/ weave?", making the healing an afterthought.
    (7)
    Last edited by Rilifane; 03-05-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lilac Blackthorne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandedblade View Post
    Honestly, I don't care anymore, if there's one thing that should be homogenized across the board across the 3 healers, it should be the filler nuke being a 1.5 cast time, too be honest way
    too many of the issues that plague WHM and SCH are the lack of, or how punishing, their weaving space is. I get the argument of "but it gives us something to optimize" but at the same time actively punishing 2 out of 3 of the healers for healing when 1 is nigh devoid of the same punishment is just bad.

For all of the flaws with FFXIV's pvp system, the fact all 3 healers have the 1.5 gcd nukes feels super good in my opinion.
    I wish I could like this post twice, this so much this.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3