Player
    Character
    Lina Young
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Summoner is hilariously awkward.

1-50: Your a class that wants to have a focus on some dots, a bunch of pet stuff, oh and ruin spells to go with your dots.
    50-60: You stopped caring about your summons and went all in on trying to imitate black mage.
    60-70: You realized your pets existed again, used them to fuel your ruin spells, and you finally figured out how to establish a connection with a new summon of bahamut
    70-80: "I'm sure Alphinaud and Alisaie won't mind if I get an egi of Phoenix."
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mister Feeny
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    There was an interesting interview done by Mr Happy with Yoshida and in that conversation he brought up Summoner, specifically Egi-glamour. I thought Yoshi's answer was very interesting for what's to come.

His answer: "Currently summoner as a job is reaching somewhat of a breaking point when it comes to the overall play mechanics, so we've halted work on Egi glamour for the time being in order to shift focus. There is a reason behind this, but we can't share the details with you at the moment. When the time comes, I'll be sure to properly share that information with everyone."

That could mean a lot of things, such as either significant changes to the way egis work to outright removal of them. What do you guys think it could mean? No theory is too crackpot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Auryan View Post
    There was an interesting interview done by Mr Happy with Yoshida and in that conversation he brought up Summoner, specifically Egi-glamour. I thought Yoshi's answer was very interesting for what's to come.

His answer: "Currently summoner as a job is reaching somewhat of a breaking point when it comes to the overall play mechanics, so we've halted work on Egi glamour for the time being in order to shift focus. There is a reason behind this, but we can't share the details with you at the moment. When the time comes, I'll be sure to properly share that information with everyone."

That could mean a lot of things, such as either significant changes to the way egis work to outright removal of them. What do you guys think it could mean? No theory is too crackpot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80

And this interview was what month in what year?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mister Feeny
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MagiusNecros View Post
    Very recently. He sent in his list of questions about a month ago and just got some answers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Equinox Axxion
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUO5...el=Mrhappy1227
    (1)
    for a year, would you rather be secretly filmed at random moments and have the footage uploaded to your social media or loose $100 when ever you said a curse word?

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Guess we will find out in a few weeks then. For all we know we could become Terra Branford and become a Primal temporarily in a true trance mode.

Or maybe they will make Titan Egi great again, evolve into Sephirot Egi and out tank all the tanks.

I'm glad they halted work on glamour since ultimately it does very little for the job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Guess we will find out in a few weeks then. For all we know we could become Terra Branford and become a Primal temporarily in a true trance mode.

Or maybe they will make Titan Egi great again, evolve into Sephirot Egi and out tank all the tanks.

I'm glad they halted work on glamour since ultimately it does very little for the job.
    Honestly, I'm humbled the devs have taking my ideas and put them in the game. But at the same time having Egi Glamour kicked down the road again is frustrating because I know Egi Design has been a key topic with the SMN community since Beta. It's long past time this gets address.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyvid View Post
    Honestly, I'm humbled the devs have taking my ideas and put them in the game. But at the same time having Egi Glamour kicked down the road again is frustrating because I know Egi Design has been a key topic with the SMN community since Beta. It's long past time this gets address.
    I think they need to be more transparent on their plans for Egi in general and should provide a roadmap for summoners.

There is really no excuse for not having Ramuh/Shiva/Levi glams.

If you have time for making minions of every Eikon out there there is not much reason we don't have these egi's by now.

Sephirot Egi's in the Fiend fight and the little Ramuh's in Ramuh are big offenders.

I would not be happy for summoners if all the new stuff for egi's just turns out to be a Silver and Black Carbuncle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lina Young
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Could be a rework(/pruning) of abilities.

Although personally I would prefer if they more leaned into older interpretations of what made a summoner than an actual pet class. That being: The summoner calls forth their summon. Their summon does a signature attack. The summon then leaves.

To give an idea of how this could be feasible in 14, imagine blue mage for a moment. Imagine as the blue mage imitates the physical motion of titan's mountain buster as though they were flipping a table, they also briefly called forth a semi-transparent form of titan who is also performing the same physical motion. After the animation ends, the 'phantom' titan leaves.

The only problem with blue mage is actually needing to go out and hunt for each individual spell. But if you had a job with a fixed set of abilities learned at a fixed levels, and implementing the aformentioned 'phantom' to go with the abilities, I think it would be closer to what the summoner fantasy is.
    (0)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast