Player
    Character
    Coven Whitewolf
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bap View Post
    They never said anything about housing, get your facts right.
    Wrong, they in fact did. They spoke about new servers to add for housing and couldn't be implemented because of travel and COVID. But, it wasn't October, it was August.

Would you like the proof? Here we go. You ready? Got your facts straight? Because I know I do.

BAM! https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...f3579a73d109cf

Uh oh.

I think another one is brewing... yep, here it comes - more facts!!! Look out!

BAM! https://massivelyop.com/2020/08/17/f...using-servers/

Oh my God, I think I'm gonna post yet another article about it... I can't control myself! OH GOD!

BAM! https://www.iggm.com/news/Final-Fant...ts-In-Patch-54

Is this enough of those facts for you to straighten out?

The problem is, they wanted the servers in by 5.4 Patch - that didn't happen unfortunately. Personally, I believe we won't see them until 6.0 when Ishgard housing is implemented.
    (7)
    Last edited by Greyhawk; 02-14-2021 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Additions

Player
    Character
    Bigbap Ramirez
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
    Wrong, they in fact did. They spoke about new servers to add for housing and couldn't be implemented because of travel and COVID. But, it wasn't October, it was August.

Would you like the proof? Here we go. You ready? Got your facts straight? Because I know I do.

BAM! https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...f3579a73d109cf

Uh oh.

I think another one is brewing... yep, here it comes - more facts!!! Look out!

BAM! https://massivelyop.com/2020/08/17/f...using-servers/

Oh my God, I think I'm gonna post yet another article about it... I can't control myself! OH GOD!

BAM! https://www.iggm.com/news/Final-Fant...ts-In-Patch-54

Is this enough of those facts for you to straighten out?

The problem is, they wanted the servers in by 5.4 Patch - that didn't happen unfortunately. Personally, I believe we won't see them until 6.0 when Ishgard housing is implemented.
    WOW, I had no idea someone could have such terrible reading skills, but let me guide you through this.

Read this subtitle very slowly: Improving Data Centers to Allow for Additional Plots

Now read the following: all data centers will require additional servers

Do you understand now? Contrary to your initial presumption and as clearly written, they are adding servers to every DC. They aren't specifically installing more hardware for housing purposes, it's to increase the amount of worlds available to players. If it was specifically meant for housing and housing alone, they wouldn't be talking about adding more servers to the Data Centers, they would talk about adding more wards.

In case you haven't noticed by now, they have added new servers at the release of the past 2 expansions. Do you see the pattern?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Coven Whitewolf
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    For someone to preach about reading comprehension, I don't think you understand really what that means.

You replied to Bladehawk specifically about SE not mentioning housing, and you told them to get their facts straight. In fact, housing was mentioned. I replied to your stupid statement about 'Housing wasn't mentioned at all, get your facts straight'.

Again, it was mentioned. Now you posted drivel about servers specific for housing. No one said that. Not one person, especially the person you replied to about it. Even reading their post, it specifically said 'increased housing', yet somehow you translated that on your Speak & Spell that the servers were specific to housing.

I don't believe anyone here had those delusions of grandeur about housing server being specific to housing. That would actually require them to reimplement the housing system (which wouldn't be a bad idea) and put forth the effort, which we all know would/will not happen.

People in this thread, like many others, are wishing in one hand, but getting s*** in the other by SE when it comes to housing. Posts in this thread are throwing out frustrations about the housing system and venting it. They aren't stating new hardware is for housing. We all know it's a band-aid for the issues with the system.

But to be so presumptuous as to your post - well, dictionaries are abundantly available for you to read. You henpecked one post like it was some injured deer then mushroom stamped it like a tool. You think you're some world class post sniper, which is fine in your own little world. In fact, you're just using a shotgun blast to make yourself sound louder than you are. Your first post in here was to Jojoya, who by the way - is a careful person with their words, and yes, it was a small surge of housing that was available when demolition hit. Then you posted drivel to Bladehawk.

AGAIN: Not one person here said the servers were specific to housing - that was your presumption, not ours. Bladehawk said increased housing, which is exactly what you posted agreeing with replying to me, and we all knew.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
    For someone to preach about reading comprehension, I don't think you understand really what that means.

You replied to Bladehawk specifically about SE not mentioning housing, and you told them to get their facts straight. In fact, housing was mentioned. I replied to your stupid statement about 'Housing wasn't mentioned at all, get your facts straight'.

Again, it was mentioned. Now you posted drivel about servers specific for housing. No one said that. Not one person, especially the person you replied to about it. Even reading their post, it specifically said 'increased housing', yet somehow you translated that on your Speak & Spell that the servers were specific to housing.

I don't believe anyone here had those delusions of grandeur about housing server being specific to housing. That would actually require them to reimplement the housing system (which wouldn't be a bad idea) and put forth the effort, which we all know would/will not happen.

People in this thread, like many others, are wishing in one hand, but getting s*** in the other by SE when it comes to housing. Posts in this thread are throwing out frustrations about the housing system and venting it. They aren't stating new hardware is for housing. We all know it's a band-aid for the issues with the system.

But to be so presumptuous as to your post - well, dictionaries are abundantly available for you to read. You henpecked one post like it was some injured deer then mushroom stamped it like a tool. You think you're some world class post sniper, which is fine in your own little world. In fact, you're just using a shotgun blast to make yourself sound louder than you are. Your first post in here was to Jojoya, who by the way - is a careful person with their words, and yes, it was a small surge of housing that was available when demolition hit. Then you posted drivel to Bladehawk.

AGAIN: Not one person here said the servers were specific to housing - that was your presumption, not ours. Bladehawk said increased housing, which is exactly what you posted agreeing with replying to me, and we all knew.
    We are gonna get extra servers for people to move to on each DC with 6.0 hence more housing is available, though you need to change server for it + Ishgaard housing in 6.1 on every single server, I don't see the problem?

So yes we are gonna get more housing plots, it is already settled by SE development of next expansion, and if any of the DC upgrades is about housing.. then you know when you are gonna get it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemini Pestdeath
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    snip
    "Granted, not all 20m+ players are active, of course."

Was my exact words, but hey, reading can be as difficult as getting a house, apparently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gemini Pestdeath
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Themarvin View Post
    We are gonna get extra servers for people to move to on each DC with 6.0 hence more housing is available, though you need to change server for it + Ishgaard housing in 6.1 on every single server, I don't see the problem?

So yes we are gonna get more housing plots, it is already settled by SE development of next expansion, and if any of the DC upgrades is about housing.. then you know when you are gonna get it
    I mean, honestly, I don't think it matters. You could double the number of plots available and there would still be 10-15 people chilling around each placard hoping to be the one to get it. The game's population is only ever going to increase with the expansion of free-to-play content, interest, advertising new expansions, etc. One server might have 5 plots empty in each ward whereas more population servers like Gilgamesh will still have a veritable horde of people standing around clicking their lives away instead of doing something more productive.

Not that it matters, honestly. If this and other threads are any indicator, the community seems pretty divided on whether or not it's even possible. Brass tacks is that lesser MMOs have already figured this out and while we could spend literal weeks debating the merits of how effectively they did so, it doesn't do anything to address FFXIV's case. We could argue about how "valid" housing is for the FFXIV experience revolving around its practicality in gameplay. People have different ambitions. Some want colored parses in Savage content, some want to have an awesome looking glamour they can share on Eorzea Collection, some want a house. Only one of those three has a barrier of entry that cannot be overcome solely by the player's own perseverance - at least not at the cost of enjoying any other aspect of the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by geminipestdeath View Post
    I mean, honestly, I don't think it matters. You could double the number of plots available and there would still be 10-15 people chilling around each placard hoping to be the one to get it. The game's population is only ever going to increase with the expansion of free-to-play content, interest, advertising new expansions, etc. One server might have 5 plots empty in each ward whereas more population servers like Gilgamesh will still have a veritable horde of people standing around clicking their lives away instead of doing something more productive.

Not that it matters, honestly. If this and other threads are any indicator, the community seems pretty divided on whether or not it's even possible. Brass tacks is that lesser MMOs have already figured this out and while we could spend literal weeks debating the merits of how effectively they did so, it doesn't do anything to address FFXIV's case. We could argue about how "valid" housing is for the FFXIV experience revolving around its practicality in gameplay. People have different ambitions. Some want colored parses in Savage content, some want to have an awesome looking glamour they can share on Eorzea Collection, some want a house. Only one of those three has a barrier of entry that cannot be overcome solely by the player's own perseverance - at least not at the cost of enjoying any other aspect of the game.
    A lot of these houses owned by players stand empty or am not or barely used at all, that is the other problem, let houses cost rent per month... 500K a month for a small 1million per month for a medium and 2millions per month for a large, for FC housing it would be 2million for a small per month, 4millions for a medium and 8millions for a large per month, and that is bound in and only due to that there is way many more people around a FC house.

For a player a small would be 6millions per year, medium 12millions per year and a large 24millions per year.
    For a FC a small would be 24millions a year, medium 48millions per year and a large 96millions per year.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4