Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by axemtitanium View Post
    You say crafting is dead, I say opportunities for arbitrage. If you're not making money off the Market Board, you're doing something wrong.
    There are a lot of players out there doing it wrong.

But when it comes to arbitrage and crafted/gathered items, you're more likely feeding the bots that are creating the price crashes in the first place. Personally I avoid buying from obvious bots because I don't want to support that activity. I'd rather pay a genuine player more if I'm not going to craft/gather it myself.

It also helps being on the right world when it comes to profits from arbitrage. Hard to make gil that way if your home world tends to have the lowest prices in the first place. It can still be done - not every world has the lowest prices on every item - but it takes a lot more research.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dorion Borstein
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by axemtitanium View Post
    You say crafting is dead, I say opportunities for arbitrage. If you're not making money off the Market Board, you're doing something wrong.
    This. I make money every day. If people aren't, then they're just being lazy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flight Fleetfoot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    You can still make money off the marketboard, but :

1. You can only make around 10% of what you could a couple years ago for the same effort;

2. You are seriously limited in what you can make.

I've been playing since 1.0 launched with a focus on crafting and selling and it used to be so much more enjoyable and fulfilling. Crafters presently are picking up the crumbs the marketboard bots are letting them have.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    So, this necro post made me think that World Visit was getting fixed. Cool. (Not.)
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2