Player
    Character
    Adelinda Storme
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

FFXIV Won't Launch M1 MacBook Pro MacOS 11.2

High so I got a brand new MacBook Pro with the M1 processor and it is up to date on macOS 11.2. I downloaded the DMG from Square-Enix moved to the applications folder, but every time I launch it the game shutsdown with no warning. I briefly see a window that may be the bottle stating it is shutting down FFXIV, but it happens to quickly to be sure. I have read of other people running the game on Macs so I am just trying to figure out what I need to do here. Thanks
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

Could you post the specifications of the Mac? Additionally what have you tried so far to alleviate the issue?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adelinda Storme
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynratygus View Post
    Good afternoon and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

Could you post the specifications of the Mac? Additionally what have you tried so far to alleviate the issue?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums
    Hi,
    I have a new MacBook Pro M1 variant so it is the 8 core cpu 8 core gpu and 8gb of unified memory. I uninstalled and re-downloaded FFXIV I then reinstalled macOS 11.2. That did not fix it. However, I found a solution in this post https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...=1#post5492775 Apparently the wine64-preloader is preventing Rosetta 2 fro activating and I had to delete it. Once I deleted it everything worked.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for the reply

I am glad that are you are no longer experiencing this issue. If you have any more questions or concerns, please post again in the technical support forums.

This thread will be moved to "Support Center Resolved"
    (0)