Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    you will most likely need it back for the final zone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nei Mistmoon
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesAWD View Post
    Wow I'm sorry you lost all that mettle what were you planning to spend it on?
    It might be hard to comprehend, but not everyone is at Rank 15.

Wow, 100k? And I came here to complain about losing 15k on my first run. Maybe because I'm only Rank 12?
    (15-16 deaths at -946 mettle each) And yes, the mettle penalty is too much. How many hours will I have to grind to make up for 1 DR run?
    PLUS, how many players WILL NOT accept rezzes just so they don't have to lose excessive mettle? Did SE think of that? Thus making more people die than need to.
    IMO, if not outright removing the stupid mettle loses in Bozja, then each death penalty should be lower than the previous one. Cause not all of us are great players no matter how much practice we get.

Only people at Rank 15 will run DR. And if a higher Rank comes they'll really be screaming because of all the mettle they lost and didn't care about at that time.
    I never win rolls on drops for cool items so I have no plans to enter here any more than I need to for quests.
    This place will die faster than castrum lacus litore did!
    Whomever thought up the mettle idea needs to see a therapist about their sadistic tendencies.
    (5)
    Last edited by Dracounguis; 02-04-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracounguis View Post
    It might be hard to comprehend, but not everyone is at Rank 15.

Wow, 100k? And I came here to complain about losing 15k on my first run. Maybe because I'm only Rank 12?
    (15-16 deaths at -946 mettle each) And yes, the mettle penalty is too much. How many hours will I have to grind to make up for 1 DR run?
    PLUS, how many players WILL NOT accept rezzes just so they don't have to lose excessive mettle? Did SE think of that? Thus making more people die than need to.
    IMO, if not outright removing the stupid mettle loses in Bozja, then each death penalty should be lower than the previous one. Cause not all of us are great players no matter how much practice we get.

Only people at Rank 15 will run DR. And if a higher Rank comes they'll really be screaming because of all the mettle they lost and didn't care about at that time.
    I never win rolls on drops for cool items so I have no plans to enter here any more than I need to for quests.
    This place will die faster than castrum lacus litore did!
    Whomever thought up the mettle idea needs to see a therapist about their sadistic tendencies.
    Yeah, higher ranks lose more each death. One wipe in DB cost me about 15k. There seems to a bet amount based on your rank.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzstahl View Post
    how dare you !!!11oneoneene
    can't you see the big picture se has? there's reason why they don't give a fck about the community intakes and stay true to their vision, you and everyone else just can't see that.

someone hit me up when the reson is found, or maybe se stopped smokin crack.
    Oh jeez, don't give me flashbacks of The Vision from EverQuest. We got that bs from them constantly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ink F'rahko
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    There are 2 problems here that I see

1) Not everyone is rank 15, therefore they actually need the mettle

2) People think rank makes you more powerful. It does not. Its just fancy number. Or they think you can "de-level" down a rank (spoiler: you cant)

On point 2.. people will start leaving middle of instance because "omg I lost mettle screw this I dont wanna lose more!!". Already seen it happen in Castrum first weeks when it was alive and few times in Del on day two.

Yeah I get it, peoples time is limited or some just want to be carried and dont have time for groups that wipe on first boss because people were new on day 2. But like, mistakes happen. Thats humane. People will try fix it. But cant because 8 people left after one wipe. At least its relatively fast to get into thanks to "duty finder"

Losing mettle is pointless because mettle is pointless. Its just death punishment thats de-moralising for no reason. But since its there, people will start to leave mid CLL or DEL because of that?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pure Mallace
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesAWD View Post
    Wow I'm sorry you lost all that mettle what were you planning to spend it on?
    It is a pointless penalty that serves no purpose and a 10+ year old outdated design decision that was arbitrarily placed in this raid after SO MUCH feedback of why Castrum failed. For such amazing boss and sound design to be ruined by poor system design seems like a complete waste.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ezekyle Abaddon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I guess get better at dodging stuff?
    (4)
    "Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an excerpt from a Night Lords Novel, "Void Stalkers" Chapter X: Revenge.

Player
    Character
    Byg'sam Oaktree
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I know, I lost 100k doing it tonight. The penalty is so severe that I am sure this will also die, especially with the balancing issues involved with it. The way it runs, it makes me think Yoshi was around Yoko Taro a bit too long.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kan Himaa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who felt like this was a stupid decision. If this worked like Eureka you wouldn't lose mettle on death, only if you released. I mean at this point I don't even want to do this thing unless I'm rank 15 and do not need mettle anymore. I mean I just hit rank 13, I'm assuming the amount of mettle has increased when dying, and my only hope is that I'm good enough to not die repeatedly during the instance after having done my first clear now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    But how? On my first time we had a full wipe, i died like 20x at least - rather more - and i still barely lost 60k. And i was in a party with one healer and no tanks lol. So many deaths to doom.... >_<

Anyhow yes its a bit too much, the insta 5 sec doom and some mechanics... BUT i dont think they are "too hard", just not wise... as that one with the fast traveling donut aoe... like, i only manage that when im lucky...

EDIT: Colt: i got 702k on 15 and lose 2900-something on my death and i think it was 16 or 16k on a fullwipe.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast