Player
    Character
    Thalia Beckford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlefire769 View Post
    I really think there is a movement (again, I think led by NA Community Team) to try to create an elite class of players here who can rule over the rest with an iron or gold/RMT fist. This is what killed XI for a lot of people (and one of the reasons two former XI friends yanked me out of XI into my first XIV character)...

I think they have really screwed up the system -- if they were going to make the first two steps 100% drop, then why not do it here (or, probably alternatively, the reverse...)?
    Dunno how far it goes into that, but they certainly aren't giving the impression they want casual players to stay subbed between MSQ patches.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ezekyle Abaddon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Grats on getting your clear. Im sure plenty of people who want to get their clear will get it now too.
    (0)
    "Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an excerpt from a Night Lords Novel, "Void Stalkers" Chapter X: Revenge.

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    It's for maximum 48 players, right?

Here's an idea....
    Dynamically adjust difficulty based on number of people who enter.

Fewer than 32 players = 10% echo
    Fewer than 24 players = 15% echo
    Fewer than 16 players = 25% echo

Just an example; I didn't do the math to see what the right values should be.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asuka Suzuhana
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I remember that Yoshi-P had answered the question of whether Bozja was obligatory or not in order to make the relic.
    He said: "You don't have to do Bozja to do your relic, but if you are going to do it, why do you have to do it at the same time?".

And now it is compulsory Bozja, either there was a lie or the dev team did not communicate everything to Yoshi-P and vice versa.

Anyway, Yakuza: Like a Dragon is really fun.

Shadowbringer is an incredible extension for MSQ and raid.
    But the relic sucks. When is it fun? : The idea of going 1 hour in a +/- fun content and having a chance to enter a raid with a random result.

I did all the Stormblood relic because it was a pretty exact science and farming in no brain mode for weeks or months, I can do it, but not like that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Naoki34; 02-05-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Titania Chevalier
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki34 View Post
    I remember that Yoshi-P had answered the question of whether Bozja was obligatory or not in order to make the relic.
    He said: "You don't have to do Bozja to do your relic, but if you are going to do it, why do you have to do it at the same time?".

And now it is compulsory Bozja, either there was a lie or the dev team did not communicate everything to Yoshi-P and vice versa.
    SE and Yoshi-P never lied, the Bozja storyline was always mandatory. Here is a quote from the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part LVIII Digest (05/01/2020):

Weapons can be upgraded through two methods.
    One involves upgrading them as you progress through the Bozjan Southern Front, while the other involves upgrading weapons through different means. Whichever method you choose, you’ll be required to progress the Save the Queen storyline.
    The storyline, and yes that includes clearing Castrum, was always necessary and this was communicated to us all the way back in May 2020 before Bozja even released.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki34 View Post

Anyway, Yakuza: Like a Dragon is really fun.

Shadowbringer is an incredible extension for MSQ and raid.
    But the relic sucks. When is it fun? : The idea of going 1 hour in a +/- fun content and having a chance to enter a raid with a random result.

I did all the Stormblood relic because it was a pretty exact science and farming in no brain mode for weeks or months, I can do it, but not like that.
    What was said was that you had the option to grind the items needed for the 5.35 stages of the relic outside of Bozja but that you would need to complete the Save the Queen story to progress farther.

It's one of those situations where players latched onto their immediate concern without considering what would come after.

If you don't enjoy the content being required to get the relic weapon, skip getting the weapon for now. SE will probably nerf it next expansion like they nerfed Eureka.

No reward is worth suffering through content you feel is bad. The worst thing the player base can do to itself is force complete the content it hates for the sake of an item that might be fun for glamour but isn't need to play the game. It leaves the impression that despite complaints, the players are generally satisfied with the content and it's okay to make more like it. If players stop working on the content even with rewards incomplete (like Pagos when it first came out), it sends a clear sign that changes need to be made.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kaska Onerys
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    It's for maximum 48 players, right?

Here's an idea....
    Dynamically adjust difficulty based on number of people who enter.

Fewer than 32 players = 10% echo
    Fewer than 24 players = 15% echo
    Fewer than 16 players = 25% echo

Just an example; I didn't do the math to see what the right values should be.
    "Oh, they have 10 players, they're good." *doesn't queue*

Nah man. Just nah.

Also, 16 people with 25% Echo probably still couldn't do the split group stuff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    its so wild to me how people playing this game, which is an MMORPG, hate communication so much. "no fixed groups so we have to decide what groups are going where for split mechanics!"

just communicate in say and yell, use auto translate if necessary and be willing to adjust.

and really? complaining about a time limit? bruh you start with 20 minutes and you gain 10 - 20 minutes for every objective you clear. it should not take 20+ minutes to kill a boss with fewer mechanics than your average alliance raid boss, especially with access to items and actions that boost damage. most failed castrum runs i see fail at the first boss, because either top or bottom groups are just flat out unwilling to press dps buttons.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mavrias; 02-14-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jennah Arhtima
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    No reward is worth suffering through content you feel is bad. The worst thing the player base can do to itself is force complete the content it hates for the sake of an item that might be fun for glamour but isn't need to play the game. It leaves the impression that despite complaints, the players are generally satisfied with the content and it's okay to make more like it. If players stop working on the content even with rewards incomplete (like Pagos when it first came out), it sends a clear sign that changes need to be made.
    Exactly. Be the change you want to see in the world. Have 0 Mettle, all seventeen i500 Bozja weapons and most of the ARR/HW relics, and make your voice heard on the forums.
    At least if you don't want this travesty to be repeated in 6.x.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Absenthine Starfrost
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrias View Post
    its so wild to me how people playing this game, which is an MMORPG, hate communication so much. "no fixed groups so we have to decide what groups are going where for split mechanics!"

just communicate in say and yell, use auto translate if necessary and be willing to adjust.

and really? complaining about a time limit? bruh you start with 20 minutes and you gain 10 - 20 minutes for every objective you clear. it should not take 20+ minutes to kill a boss with fewer mechanics than your average alliance raid boss, especially with access to items and actions that boost damage. most failed castrum runs i see fail at the first boss, because either top or bottom groups are just flat out unwilling to press dps buttons.
    None of the first part matters if you don't have the right amount of people becuase no one wants to do it in the instance, which is the whole point of this thread.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast