Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvand View Post
    I'm a casual player that uses macros as I'm completely useless otherwise, I also like to move slowly through a dungeon taking in the sites, viewing all cutscenes. I can't even text properly using my PS5 pad... I must be a hard-core players worst nightmare.[...]

My question for discussion is why can't a future patch allow me to tag myself as casual and others hard-core so we all know what to expect and obviously it would be better to group players of the same tags or give extra exp/rare items to the hard core player for helping the casual player and giving the hard core player something extra for being patient and not racing through the dungeon.
    I don't know what macros you'd be using as WHM besides "Swiftcast Raise". There are no spells that need to be cast in sequence. There is no "rotation", just a general hierarchy of whether your team needs healing, applying the best situational heal you can, and attacking enemies when you have the chance. Your party is missing out if you don't use Holy or Assize on packs of enemies.

Also get yourself a USB keyboard for communicating. Anything is compatible with PS5.

And trying to sort players into voluntary hardcore and casual players would be a nightmare. I wouldn't call myself hardcore but I certainly expect a healer to have worked out by Lv70 that they have other, more effective spells than Cure and shouldn't be spamming them every turn when there are plenty of opportunities to contribute damage instead.

Note: Spamming one heal and one hour runs are clear exaggeration here I'm really talking about average casual game play :-)
    Say what you mean. Don't exaggerate your case then leave everyone to remark on your exaggerated scenario, then go "oh no that isn't what I was meaning at all, it'd be silly if I did that".
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    Say what you mean. Don't exaggerate your case then leave everyone to remark on your exaggerated scenario, then go "oh no that isn't what I was meaning at all, it'd be silly if I did that".
    This. So much this. Because you might think that youre exaggerating, but those types of players DO exist. The healer in a max level dungeon that spams cure 1 and complains that he cant keep up with damage(cure 2 costs too much mp anyway). The healer who heals perfectly, then stands there dancing for the next 45 seconds when no heals are needed rather then helping the group with a damage spell or two(the emoting shows that he cares, because otherwise his character would just be standing there doing nothing). The tank with poor gear who doesnt use defensive boosts and complains that the healer has a hard time keeping him standing(if the bosses auto attack is more then 33% of your health we might be better off with a DPS doing the tanking). The DPS that cant handle a 1 2 3 rotation, so they just hit the 2 repeatedly(it has the coolest animation guys!) and often stand still for 5+ seconds between attacks. The DPS that probly could handle an actual rotation, but doesnt understand their kit and gimps everyone because of it(an ice mage never runs out of mana, clearly that is the best path!). These are all real people. One day, hopefully, they can get to the level of Basic Competence. Thats all we ask(even though we know we probly wont get it).
    (9)
    Last edited by Frizze; 02-03-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Character
    Hel Sonofraiser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I think a lot of people (not I, but a lot of other people) would like to see the casuals leave -- especially the casual bads.

There has always been a group here who wants this game to become at least a vocation, if not a full-time job. I think Yoshi-P and FFXIV have done SOME to get rid of that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rock Solid'
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    casuals leaving the game? I thought it was HC players the ones leaving since the raid-related content is abysmal
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ezekyle Abaddon
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'm new to this game and really enjoying it except for one aspect RG instances.

I've seen the word toxic used a few times but I don't think that is the issue, it is more a case of miscommunication and expectations.

I'm a casual player that uses macros as I'm completely useless otherwise, I also like to move slowly through a dungeon taking in the sites, viewing all cutscenes. I can't even text properly using my PS5 pad... I must be a hard-core players worst nightmare.

And there's the rub, two individuals with different expectations in the same group.

My question for discussion is why can't a future patch allow me to tag myself as casual and others hard-core so we all know what to expect and obviously it would be better to group players of the same tags or give extra exp/rare items to the hard core player for helping the casual player and giving the hard core player something extra for being patient and not racing through the dungeon.

This I feel would create a much better experience for everyone and prevent casuals from leaving?
    When you try to change Eorzea, Eorzea changes you.
    (0)
    "Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

--an excerpt from a Night Lords Novel, "Void Stalkers" Chapter X: Revenge.

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post

Also get yourself a USB keyboard for communicating. Anything is compatible with PS5.
    I wouldn't recommend a keyboard. Who wants that thing on their lap while playing? haha

I do recommend a chat pad, though. You click them into your PS4 controller and after a few hours casting and typing becomes 2nd nature. You can even type while using R3 to walk out of AoEs. Very practical.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlefire769 View Post
    I think a lot of people (not I, but a lot of other people) would like to see the casuals leave -- especially the casual bads.

There has always been a group here who wants this game to become at least a vocation, if not a full-time job. I think Yoshi-P and FFXIV have done SOME to get rid of that.
    We do need both, though. Someone needs to foot the bill and the others must drive clicks on Twitch for world first. If anything it's the casual hardcores who don't get that much.

MSQ must be easy because of the story for the solo players and an easy world first wouldn't be all that enticing to watch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Payadopa View Post
    I wouldn't recommend a keyboard. Who wants that thing on their lap while playing? haha
    So you put it on a table. I've got a small table with a keyboard and a mouse for emergencies and sometimes for annoying menus that aren't controller-friendly.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Enya Duvand
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 77
    Hi, and thanks for all the great feedback however in some of these posts it kind of clarifies my initial concern...

I made a point that my general view as a new casual player is that some seasoned "I'm great at this game" players are not only rude but also aggressive with "learn how to play" attitude but little to no solution as to how I could do that or that they were justified in acting that way. This was in stark contrast to the glowing community reviews I had read that attracted me to the game in the first place.

On the flip side of that there were some really nice players I encountered that woukd take their time to go through boss tactics, tips/tricks etc

My recommendation was suggesting a solution to get the impatient players to support the learner drivers and be rewarded for doing so and to definitely reward those superb patient/helpful players I have encountered.

In answer to the post about using macros...Macros are great and have changed my casual gameplay as I can easily buff and use the correct cure spell to level and instant heal followed by regen. Not the most efficient for high difficulty savage dungeons but Hard is my limit anyway and judging from my recent number of player recommendation I'm doing rather well for a healer :-)

I did try a Bard and that was much easier with no abuse at all in groups but I felt a lot of sympathy for the healers. Being a Bard also allowed me to watch and learn from a good healer.

Finally: my play style is patient and I personally thank everyone that stays behind at the end of a Dungeon and especially those that helped me.

Unfortunately I can't reward the player that races through and is abusive for not using a limit break when they say so (even though in my experience it has no real affect on the outcome unless in a very difficult encounter so please don't go off on a tangent analysing when to use limit breaks) as the game doesn't presently allow that so I'm asking if there should be...because to be honest these people are ruining your community image for us new players, it also turns me off wanting to be a healer and I... like many people... play games to relax...I already have a job...full of "jobs worth" bullies.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enya Duvand
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 77
    Hi, and thanks for all the great feedback however in some of these posts it kind of clarifies my initial concern...

I made a point that my general view as a new casual player is that some seasoned "I'm great at this game" players are not only rude but also aggressive with "learn how to play" attitude but little to no solution as to how I could do that or that they were justified in acting that way. This was in stark contrast to the glowing community reviews I had read that attracted me to the game in the first place.

On the flip side of that there were some really nice players I encountered that would take their time to go through boss tactics, tips/tricks etc

My recommendation was suggesting a solution to get the impatient players to support the learner drivers and be rewarded for doing so and to definitely reward those superb patient/helpful players I have encountered.

In answer to the post about using macros...Macros are great and have changed my casual gameplay as I can easily buff and use the correct cure spell to level and instant heal followed by regen. Not the most efficient for high difficulty savage dungeons but Hard is my limit anyway and judging from my recent number of player recommendation I'm doing rather well for a healer :-)

I did try a Bard and that was much easier with no abuse at all in groups but I felt a lot of sympathy for the healers. Being a Bard also allowed me to watch and learn from a good healer.

Finally: my play style is patient and I personally thank everyone that stays behind at the end of a Dungeon and especially those that helped me.

Unfortunately I can't reward the player that races through and is abusive for not using a limit break when they say so (even though in my experience it has no real affect on the outcome unless in a very difficult encounter so please don't go off on a tangent analysing when to use limit breaks) as the game doesn't presently allow that so I'm asking if there should be...because to be honest these people are ruining your community image for us new players, it also turns me off wanting to be a healer and I... like many people... play games to relax...I already have a job...full of "jobs worth" bullies.

P.S. and before some one posts about changing jobs :-)...now wouldn't that be great... if only it was possible and anyway I like my job as I do this game :-)
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast