Player
    Character
    Enya Duvand
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 77

How to stop Casual players leaving FF14

I'm new to this game and really enjoying it except for one aspect RG instances.

I've seen the word toxic used a few times but I don't think that is the issue, it is more a case of miscommunication and expectations.

I'm a casual player that uses macros as I'm completely useless otherwise, I also like to move slowly through a dungeon taking in the sites, viewing all cutscenes. I can't even text properly using my PS5 pad... I must be a hard-core players worst nightmare.

And there's the rub, two individuals with different expectations in the same group.

My question for discussion is why can't a future patch allow me to tag myself as casual and others hard-core so we all know what to expect and obviously it would be better to group players of the same tags or give extra exp/rare items to the hard core player for helping the casual player and giving the hard core player something extra for being patient and not racing through the dungeon.

This I feel would create a much better experience for everyone and prevent casuals from leaving?
    (2)
    Last edited by Duvand; 01-31-2021 at 04:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cin Aamon
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Unfortunately for you, the *majority* here is players enjoy to go fast in dungeons. Everyone has done them over hundreds of times and just want to get it over with.

They do have this feature where you can freely leisure in a dungeon; already forget what it's called but it's there for you to take in sights and stuff.

As for doing actual content with folks, if you really don't feel like rushing, then perhaps instead of DF, you can instead try making a PF and see how that turns out for you?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cin Aamon
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Adventure Mode. That's what it's called. Lol.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Enya Duvand
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 77
    Thanks. I find the leaf symbol that denotes I'm new doesn't express how I want to play the dungeon and recent experience has been a "keep up" or "learn your job properly and learn it's rotation" from hard core players when I might want to spam just one heal spell if it gets the job done and no one dies. I can of course understand the frustration because what is in it for the hard-core player waiting for me when as you said most will want to rush but that's because presently there is no reward for them not to rush...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Absenthine Starfrost
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    If you are new and in a dungeon, everyone gets a message that you are new, so don't be afraid to say "hey I'm new here". Most people are willing to help you out with a boss you do not know. (I am on ps4 controller and use it to type so I feel you lol)
    (2)
    Last edited by Infindox; 01-31-2021 at 05:12 AM. Reason: I hit send too early!

Player
    Character
    Kurenai Tenshi
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvand View Post
    Thanks. I find the leaf symbol that denotes I'm new doesn't express how I want to play the dungeon and recent experience has been a "keep up" or "learn your job properly and learn it's rotation" from hard core players when I might want to spam just one heal spell if it gets the job done and no one dies. I can of course understand the frustration because what is in it for the hard-core player waiting for me when as you said most will want to rush but that's because presently there is no reward for them not to rush...
    Because at level 71, you aren't "new" in the sense spamming a single heal is really acceptable. By that point, you should have a general understanding of your kit and work to contribute just as much as everyone else. Put another way, would you feel okay if the DPS spammed one button instead of their proper rotation? You'll still eventually clear any dungeon, it'll just take upwards of an hour if everyone else played that way. None of this is a "hardcore" mentality either. It's the standard expectation people have once you approach higher level content.

As for rushing ahead. No amount of "new player" tag will change the standard mentality of blitzing through dungeons. You have to appreciate for many of us, we're running these dungeons for the hundredth time. Not to mention, if everyone else wants a faster run. It's a bit unreasonable to expect three people should acquiesce to what one wants.
    (17)
    "Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters."
    "The silence is your answer."

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    you may need to relegate yourself to pre-forming parties in party finder for everything you want to do if you can't handle being with randoms unfortunately.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Enya Duvand
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 77
    Thanks for the feedback...and going back to my initial point of what incentive is there for experienced players otherwise the perceived "toxicty" will increase the longer the game exists with new players joining. Even in these posts there is a flavour of expectation that I need to change...when in fact I might want to spend an hour going through a Dungeon as long as group members are like minded or rewarded/compensated for slowing down. Note: Spamming one heal and one hour runs are clear exaggeration here I'm really talking about average casual game play :-) without the shouting and abuse that us new players are beginning to experience...

However that said I've met some fantastic people on here and it was one of the main reasons I subbed and continue to play but I'm also conscious of possible options that would prevent what has happened in other MMO's I've played and Left.
    (2)
    Last edited by Duvand; 01-31-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nova Dragon
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    If you think hardcore is based around understanding your jobs rotation it's not, I am a hardcore player and I take things further by playing my job to the maximum, beat latest raids asap and rush content down asap plus the dungeons. I play the game mainly for the feel of challenge and competition and do expect people to have an understanding of their job instead of being terribly lazy spamming 1 button. Refusing to understand your jobs rotation while everyone else is operating it at a normal level will cause toxicity and some may call you out for it, or simply refuse to play with you. This is how it's been going since gaming got online with matchmaking.
    (12)
    Gae Bolg Animus 18/04/2014

Player
    Character
    Mr Magic
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvand View Post
    Note: Spamming one heal and one hour runs are clear exaggeration here I'm really talking about average casual game play :-) without the shouting and abuse that us new players are beginning to experience...
    You're talking about below average casual gameplay. Most casuals do want to at least try to play to the best of their abilities. I think you need to make a Party Finder to find like minded people as others have stated.

If you wanted a tag above your head to say that you are barely going to try to run the dungeon in a timely manner, it's just going to open you up to being kicked far more often.
    (9)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast