Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Atlantis Yumemora
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Can we please change the walls in our house?

As stated above can we please have the option to have the base boards and walls match those of the partition options we have. For example it really hinders the flow of the house when you have marble walls which look very clean abruptly hitting a stone wall. Please give us more baseboard and crown molding options or at least offer the options we have in the partition selections.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalitzo View Post
    As stated above can we please have the option to have the base boards and walls match those of the partition options we have. For example it really hinders the flow of the house when you have marble walls which look very clean abruptly hitting a stone wall. Please give us more baseboard and crown molding options or at least offer the options we have in the partition selections.
    The challenge is to build with the walls of your chosen region, else why get a house in the first place? agree that more options would be nice, but a lot of it also comes down to clever selfmade solutions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'ahlin Taka
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    There are plenty of housing pieces that don't match-up with the small pillars in the walls of the houses (which obviously change, depending on your houses locale.)

While getting the option to change those pillars may be good, it could also force creativity. For Marble Walls or even some of the Shirogane doors that don't match the top or bottom of the.. Well, actual wall. I've found using Locale-pillars (Hingan pillars for Shiro houses, as example) help break up the awkwardness a bit. Could also use those new curtain drapes to hide it, I suppose..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I would love to be able to select which interior I get to use as well. Hopefully it's not a technical limitation.

Until then, hiding the walls with partitions is what I'll do.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Atlantis Yumemora
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    The problem I find by hiding the pillars and the walls is I lose so much space. Understandably you have to get creative to do this but I would love to utilize the entire space I'm given.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalitzo View Post
    The problem I find by hiding the pillars and the walls is I lose so much space. Understandably you have to get creative to do this but I would love to utilize the entire space I'm given.
    It's not the loss of space that bugs me. I don't lose that much of it since I tend to stick to Stage Panels and those can be fit very close to the pillars.

I dislike having to use up 20-30% of the item limit to hide something that would otherwise detract from how I'm decorating. Sometimes the pillars will fit in but it's not often.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Konya-wa Hurricane
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It was some time ago now but se did mention i think near the beginning of SHB that they were looking into the option of not having any pillars inside of houses. Ive heard nothing on it since that one brief mention a long while ago.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Atlantis Yumemora
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I really wish that was an option I hate the pillars.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Already tossed some likes in here but just want to add that I would happily settle for at least being able to dye the pillars and staircases. That on its own would go a long way to making decor choices look more consistent.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Valle Serreta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I would love it if there was an option to be able to hide the pillars and top/bottom trim to have smooth walls to use as a template.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast