Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    if you can't handle differing opinions, that's on you as well. doesn't make it a bad community. it makes it a diverse one. you shouldn't be making posts expecting everyone to agree with you. this isn't an echo chamber.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ResetM View Post
    Add to that the fact that Savage unlocks at the same time as Ultimate releases on the first and last raid tiers, the time you have to fool around with different jobs isn't long, since I would be doing ultimate by that time, not savage.
    Savage does not unlock at the same time Ultimate drops. The devs tend to unlock it about 4~6 weeks prior to the next tier. But they most certainly do not unlock Savage at the same time as Ultimate releases. UCoB released in 4.11 (2017.10.24). Savage was not unlocked until Patch 4.18 (2017.12.11)—Patch 4.2 was 2018.01.29. UwU dropped in 4.31 (2018.06.05). Sigmascape was unlocked in 4.36 (2018.08.07). TEA dropped in 5.11 (2019.11.12), and Eden’s Gate was unlocked in 5.18 (2019.12.24).

All jobs require a mixture of tome and Savage gear. If you are clearing a tier early, then you will have more than enough time to start getting gear on other jobs “while the content is still hot”—especially in a static setting where groups determine alt/secondary jobs for members and hand out freeroll drops based on that (I’ve had BiS on DNC for a few weeks now, and I was already gearing healers since all I lacked was weapon and body piece for DNC—and I actually didn’t clear this tier as fast as I have cleared in the past). The tiers are relevant for 2 patches anyways, and outside of Ultimate, nothing is harder. There’s plenty of time. Eden’s Promise is going to remain relevant up until 6.0, because people will keep venturing into it during the lull that occurs post-5.5 leading up to the new expansion do learning parties, farms, parse runs, etc..

Be glad they unlock it at all, to be honest. Before Stormblood, the developers didn’t unlock the tiers until the next one released (with the exception of the final one, which would unlock about 1~2 months before expansion drop).

Quote Originally Posted by QooEr View Post
    gotta say though, it sucks that it takes so long if you're still going to be subbed for that time anyway. gearing up alts in this game is a real slog, so making gearing easier would still be appreciated. i don't see how making the 8 book exchanges into 6 would hurt SE too much
    Honestly, the only book requirement that could stand to be reduced is the belt. Why is a belt 6 books instead of 4, when it’s not nearly as good as the other 6-book pieces (head, hands, feet) or prioritized over any of those unless you are trying to reach a stat tier (which is min-maxing at that point, and not something every raider really does). Offering exchanges of higher-tier books for lower-tier ones is something I’ve also seen suggested in the past that I would not be against (e.g., you can trade E11S books for E10S or E9S books—especially helpful if your job is one of those this tier that requires all 4 Savage accessories). However, I don’t see the issue with weapon, body, and legs remaining 8 books. The Savage weapon will almost always be the best one you can get during a tier (with a few exceptions—current tier BLM weapon, Alphascape MCH weapon), so it should cost a decent number of books.
    (1)
    Last edited by HyoMinPark; 02-05-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    Honestly, the only book requirement that could stand to be reduced is the belt. Why is a belt 6 books instead of 4, when it’s not nearly as good as the other 6-book pieces (head, hands, feet) or prioritized over any of those unless you are trying to reach a stat tier (which is min-maxing at that point, and not something every raider really does).
    Oh that's a fair point.
    It's stats are more in line with accessories huh.

Offering exchanges of higher-tier books for lower-tier ones is something I’ve also seen suggested in the past that I would not be against (e.g., you can trade E11S books for E10S or E9S books—especially helpful if your job is one of those this tier that requires all 4 Savage accessories).
    Huh, that's an interesting idea.
    I mean... if it let's me do just the first raid in order to get everything in the tier I'm down for it.
    No need to learn or struggle with Alex 12 Savage when I can just undersize A9S.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ItMe View Post
    Huh, that's an interesting idea.
    I mean... if it let's me do just the first raid in order to get everything in the tier I'm down for it.
    No need to learn or struggle with Alex 12 Savage when I can just undersize A9S.
    I disagree with that. Hence why the suggestion has always been a “trade down” system. Higher tier books can be traded for lower tier books, but not vise-versa. Allowing the latter gives zero incentive to do beyond the first floor of a tier outside of unlocking Ultimate and/or getting the mount (if you like collecting mounts). And I disagree with allowing players to simply spam Cloud of Darkness, for example, to get Edenmorn weapons. If you want what is currently the best weapon in the game, then do the current hardest piece of content in the game (barring TEA). Earn it.
    (1)
    Sage | Astrologian | Dancer

마지막 날 널 찾아가면
    마지막 밤 기억하길

Hyomin Park#0055

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    a “trade down” system.
    Ooooh, I totally misread your comment.
    Sorry about that.
    Yeah, i agree. While I personally would enjoy a trade up system, I do not think it would be healthy for the game overall.

Hmm, I think a trade down system could also help keep some of the old raids alive better. If you wanna run Leviathan Savage you still can, but if you just want the drops E4S parties would be much more common and able to help you get E3S drops.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    What I would like would be something that wouldn't require any change to the loot system and everything. But it would require data stocking on materias.

It would be a "consigne" where you can put savage stuff, get a ticket to use another one (for instance, you loot a torso, your main is a caster, you put that caster torso in that place, get a ticket against which you "borrow" a Melee torso. Your caster torso is temporarily unavailable, but it still has its materia ; when you give back the melee torso it also keeps its materias, waiting for you to pick it back). You could register sets like glamour ones, and switch when you switch jobs. That way you avoid the classic feels bad moment "my main is 530, I'm bored I'll try Drg but it's 510 and will do a lot less damage for several weeks".

Since the pieces you need for BiS change from class to class, this system would require you to buy at least one piece of each tomestone stuff, and loot a piece of each savage stuff, to be fully BiS on every job. But that would be just one time (one tomestone torso, one savage loot only), that's still miles better than having to loot / buy several pieces for each job like now (because going 510 against 530 people isn't really something to enjoy...).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kawaiian Punch
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The system they use in Savage is designed to smooth progression for those that progress the fastest, and to provide a progression curve for those who do not. It's already fast as it is--if they make it even faster, then you'll just see people in BiS in week 1 or 2.

BiS is supposed to be a long term goal, not something you can just 'get' with all jobs out of the gate. This is just something you accept by alting--that you have to do this work multiple times.

Sorry, but they can't make things degenerate for those with raiding mains.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Honestly, the only book requirement that could stand to be reduced is the belt. Why is a belt 6 books instead of 4, when it’s not nearly as good as the other 6-book pieces (head, hands, feet) or prioritized over any of those unless you are trying to reach a stat tier (which is min-maxing at that point, and not something every raider really does). Offering exchanges of higher-tier books for lower-tier ones is something I’ve also seen suggested in the past that I would not be against (e.g., you can trade E11S books for E10S or E9S books—especially helpful if your job is one of those this tier that requires all 4 Savage accessories). However, I don’t see the issue with weapon, body, and legs remaining 8 books. The Savage weapon will almost always be the best one you can get during a tier (with a few exceptions—current tier BLM weapon, Alphascape MCH weapon), so it should cost a decent number of books.
    The reason belts take 6 is a holdover from the time they had both VIT and STR/INT/MND while right-side Accessories didn't have the former (except on tanks where they lacked STR). They are being removed in 6.0 regardless so worrying about their numbers is pointless, beyond the mild concern that they might be adding those book requirements onto other items to keep us grinding for a similar amount of time (annoying but not really a big deal).

I'd personally rather have the ability to trade books up and the ability to trade coffers for books to get access to weapons & chest pieces faster. The acquisition rate of gear is mostly even once you're clearing all four floors so all this would help is groups and players who have less time (think less than four lockouts a week) to dedicate to the content and therefore aren't getting to those later fights immediately. Any imbalances that exist within roles are typically due to tomestone gear.
    (0)
    Petition Thread for "Playable Loporrits": https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/436512-Make-them-Playable-You-Cowards
    Are You Happy with the Endwalker Healer Reveal? - Poll: https://strawpoll.vote/polls/2e6mxhnx/vote - Thread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/443437-Poll-Are-You-Happy-with-the-Healer-Kit-Reveal-for-Endwalker

Mechanics are Aesthetics. Graphics don't make interesting gameplay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2