Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Reset Math
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

(Suggestion) Please make it faster to get loot from Savage.

Edit: I think I posted on the wrong part of the forum

FFXIV is game frequently praised by having the ability to swap seamlessly between jobs.

However, the fact that it takes so much time to get loot from Savage results in players deciding on a "main job/role" and sticking with that for months purely because they don't have satisfactory gear on other jobs. That's frustrating.

Purely making it easier to purchase loot with books (4 books instead of 6/8 books currently needed for left side gear), dropping tome upgrades every fight instead of only on two and rising the current tomestone cap a bit would completely solve the problem.
    (1)
    Last edited by ResetM; 01-29-2021 at 01:32 AM. Reason: I think I posted on the wrong part of the forum

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    One way to make it faster would be to get rid of the one million different tokens you need to collect. lol But that'll never happen 'cause Spaghetti Code.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I'd appreciate it if they simply dropped +1 item, especially now that we have the coffer system (a very appreciated improvement) which lets people roll on everything all the time.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Payadopa Astraya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 71
    That is true. Forgot about that. Baby steps are still steps. haha
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    they have a system for this. it's called you get all the gear you want when they unlock savage. until then they want you be as limited as possible. Other than ultimate/savage there is nothing else the game has to offer that you require such gear.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Qoo Er
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    sadly i think they make gearing take so long by design. basically to ensure you resub

you can get gear twice as fast if you can find a static that does split clears though
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reset Math
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    they have a system for this. it's called you get all the gear you want when they unlock savage. until then they want you be as limited as possible. Other than ultimate/savage there is nothing else the game has to offer that you require such gear.
    Problem is -- raiding with different jobs with satisfactory gear is one of the most fun parts about ffxiv. Having to wait months until the savage unlocks is not fun, espcially considering by that time the content will have been already "overplayed", and as such, fewer people are going to stay around that long.

Add to that the fact that Savage unlocks at the same time as Ultimate releases on the first and last raid tiers, the time you have to fool around with different jobs isn't long, since I would be doing ultimate by that time, not savage.

All things considered I just wanted to raid more with different classes while the content is still "hot", y'know?

Edit: Also, imagine you are playing the last fight on PF with no luck on rolls. The amount of books required to buy the weapon and the Body piece is 8+8, four whole months. For one job. Four. Whole. Months.
    (2)
    Last edited by ResetM; 01-29-2021 at 06:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    and congrats they've gotten you to pay for those four. whole. months. mission accomplished. they care not what you want to do while the content is still "hot". that's on you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qoo Er
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    and congrats they've gotten you to pay for those four. whole. months. mission accomplished. they care not what you want to do while the content is still "hot". that's on you.
    gotta say though, it sucks that it takes so long if you're still going to be subbed for that time anyway. gearing up alts in this game is a real slog, so making gearing easier would still be appreciated. i don't see how making the 8 book exchanges into 6 would hurt SE too much
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sirius Vagus
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    and congrats they\\\\'ve gotten you to pay for those four. whole. months. mission accomplished. they care not what you want to do while the content is still "hot". that\\\\'s on you.
    Ah.
    Gcbtw.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast