Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

12 Beast Tribe Quests a Day is Pointless

There's already a three quest limit per day for every tribe. Why do we need this stupid 12 per day world wide on top of it? All it does is slow down an already agonizingly slow process.

Seriously, have one or the other. Both is just pushing it too far.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Styrmwyda Khawyn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieRose View Post
    There's already a three quest limit per day for every tribe. Why do we need this stupid 12 per day world wide on top of it? All it does is slow down an already agonizingly slow process.

Seriously, have one or the other. Both is just pushing it too far.
    Not sure about later Beast Tribes, but the ones in ARR don't have the "3 quest limit per day for each tribe" so, if you were high enough reputation level, you could do 12 quests for that one tribe.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrmwyda View Post
    Not sure about later Beast Tribes, but the ones in ARR don't have the "3 quest limit per day for each tribe" so, if you were high enough reputation level, you could do 12 quests for that one tribe.
    Its a limit of 3 per each rank of tribe and even then you could only do 1 tribe a day which wouldn't make sense to do since you don't earn as much reputation for the first rank as you do the 3rd rank, so only doing the highest rank every day for each tribe is the most efficient way to progress through them.

I agree with OP and they should just do away with the daily limits, it has never made sense to put these sort of restrictions on content like beast tribe quests which are already limited by default.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The limit is outdated and dumb.
    I agree, do away with it SQEX.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    in a game that lasts "forever" they want you to be limited as much as possible to keep you subscribed for as long as possible. duh
    (1)

Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    in a game that lasts "forever" they want you to be limited as much as possible to keep you subscribed for as long as possible. duh
    That doesn't make it a good idea. Quality of life improvements would be a better way to maintain sub retention rather than this ActiBli$$ard level crap.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cidel Paratonnerre
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'm inclined to agree, hence why they piece-meal the 3 quests a day since HW to present. But the overall 12 beast tribe daily limit is largely pointless unless the intent is to limit new players/late-comers from obtaining years-old ARR rewards in a reasonable timeframe, which is basically counter-productive to everything they seem to be trying to do for new players. Heck, they basically hand-out the ARR beast tribe mounts during every Moogle tomestone give-away- which largely defeats the arguably biggest perk of getting the max/ second-to-the-last (I don't remember) reputation of those ARR tribes.

The 12 tribe daily quest allowance doesn't do anything to limit active, caught-up players, because whenever they release a new beast tribe, there's only 3 quests to accept (6, if you happen to rank-up your reputation that day); so the 12 quest limit may as well not even exist for those players. So if the intent is to impose stopgaps on years-old, nearly defunct content for new players, then bravo devs, you do you. But I think it would be appreciated more for them to remove the largely arbitrary limit; probably would even be a small step from making their old zones the ghost-towns they largely are. I wouldn't be surprised though if they simply forgot that they had made such a limit.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Magnus Brighton
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Proposed solution:

Remove the daily limit on the number of beast tribe quests a player can do for beast tribes belonging to previous expansions. Keep the daily limit of 3-6 quests for beast tribes belonging to the latest expansion.
    Reduce the amount of experience obtained from beast tribe quests belonging to previous expansions if the player's level is significantly higher than the level of the quest.
    This will allow players to quickly max out older beast tribes without reaping too many rewards in the process. Some UI design might have to be adjusted considering a player could see 21 quests when speaking to a quest giver.

Items able to be acquired with older beast tribe tokens are also no longer relevant to the current expansion either, so there'd be no concern with items like Stormsap or Grade 6 materia flooding the market board or making latest-expansion content easier to prepare for or clear.
    (1)
    Last edited by SirBrighton; 01-23-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Does anyone even buy stormsap? I've never been able to sell one when the retainers bring one to me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malorm En
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    But unfortunately for them, this does not end up being the case. see I just unsubscribe for 4 months or so, why would I pay to be antagonized by a shortsighted system design. I do this with other MMO's too, when they mess up, I don't continue to pay them, I just cancel and go somewhere else, and if they happen to lose months of potential revenue, that's their problem ...

It's not just the beast tribe dailies that are time/content gated ... if you design a system that gives a person a certain rate of gratification/pace for money, then you turn it off right in front of their faces, you end up with this outcome. The best MMO design is one where everything is set up to take the same smooth gradual amount of time over a future period, without bumps and stops in it's flow, there is nothing worse in an MMO than being stifled, this destroys player freedom and is the biggest cause of my subscription and spending cancellations
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast